Waiting on my test results

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Both the wife and I are sick and multiple individuals at my employer have tested positive for COVID-19. In other words, I guess it is plausible that the wife and I have it from the office....

I'll post back when my test results come in since I went with an actual lab over the quick test...

Thus far, it feels like a mild case of the flu, it just seems that I am stagnating where I am not getting any better or worse. My fever is running from 99 to 101.6, whereas with the flu I've hit 104. Headache, neck ache, upper back ache, joint/tendon pain, muscle spasms, and being overall run down are my symptoms thus far.

Hopefully, I am one of the ones who gets over it with little to no medical intervention. Granted, I have been cracking morbid jokes since about 10 of us have it tied to the same place... As in, let's start a dead pool and figure out which one dies....

Reaction score
Sucks man, good luck. Hopefully it passes quick no matter what it is.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
And my test came back positive. Here is the crazy thing, my wife is sick too, and her test came back negative. Both of our doctors recommended the Labcorp test due to the quick test producing more false negatives then the physicians would like to see.

So, here I am on day 7 of having something that feels like a sinus infection, bronchitis, a stomach bug, and the flu all rolled up into one and my fever has not dropped below 100.

On the flip side, I told my wife how this could have been a lot worse. Just think if I had gotten infected at work this week, attended Thanksgiving day with the family, then fell ill tomorrow.

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
title reminds me of back in the early days of AIDS

there was a lot of uncertainty & panic

thank goodness that isnt an airborne virus

but this isstill sketchy af

hope yall do well sir

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
And my test came back positive. Here is the crazy thing, my wife is sick too, and her test came back negative. Both of our doctors recommended the Labcorp test due to the quick test producing more false negatives then the physicians would like to see.

So, here I am on day 7 of having something that feels like a sinus infection, bronchitis, a stomach bug, and the flu all rolled up into one and my fever has not dropped below 100.

On the flip side, I told my wife how this could have been a lot worse. Just think if I had gotten infected at work this week, attended Thanksgiving day with the family, then fell ill tomorrow.

I'm on week FOUR of still feeling sick, but my test came back negative also.

I want to get retested, but at this point will it even be worth it?

All breathing and sinus issues. And a sore jaw, no homo. :32 (20):

Reaction score
I'm on week FOUR of still feeling sick, but my test came back negative also.

I want to get retested, but at this point will it even be worth it?

All breathing and sinus issues. And a sore jaw, no homo. :32 (20):

At this point you could probably get antibody tested and that would show if you had it or not.

Reactions: CJ

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
The crappy thing about this virus is for the past two days, I wake up thinking I am feeling better. Then as the day wears on, I get progressively worse. The migraine returns, the nausea returns, and I just feel miserable.

Day 8 and my fever still HAS NOT broke despite taking things to "manage" it.

TeddyBear

Former Skinny Kid / Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Sorry man, that’s rough.
Hang in there.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I'm starting to get a little concerned now... Day 9 and my fever is HIGHER... Acetaminophen and Ibuprofen are doing jack shit to help.

Reaction score
Uggg thanks for sharing this. I'm sorry this is lingering so long for you. It's so weird how it affects so many people differently.

Reaction score
My wife and daughter just found out they were exposed last week. Both of them are tripping out.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Day 11 - the fatigue sets in. I could barely stay awake today, and am getting ready to go back to sleep as I type this. The good news is that my fever was finally below 100 degrees for the first time, but I am tired as shit.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Shit man hope you are okay - I traveled over the weekend to see family and my sister tested positive yesterday. I am in quarantine now from others and need to go get a test today...will see how the test results go. So far her symptoms are equivalent to a mild cold - I don't feel anything right now so fingers crossed.

Keep us posted.

Miamiking

Reaction score
Nice. Anonymous source from far right fringe site minimizing Covid. What a surprise. Please keep your propaganda out of this dude's thread.

The guys is sick. Not really the place for this.

All I was trying to say is that he doesn't need to be scared, just because he is sick does not mean he has covid. Was not trying to minimize or disrespect anyone, the article explains the PCR test aspect I was pointing out, I know nothing about that site, just read article, was just trying to say no need to panic. Going to stay away from this topic.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I think I have finally rounded the corner. 15 days in and I am still running a slight fever and wish to get my lungs checked out by a doctor. Hopefully I can get fever free over the weekend so my doctor won't freak out. If not, I'll go to another one.

This is one of the worst things that I have been through in recent years. The absolute worst was being admitted to the hospital for pneumonia when I was a child. But I can see how this could have gone that way if my lungs had gotten worse.

Reaction score
Thanks for the update man. I'm glad you're doing better. Was telling my brother about your case today. Crazy shit.

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Nice to have a first hand account like this.

Sorry it had to be yours.

big_wolf_Gang

Reaction score

Maybe my eyes are deceiving me, but how can it be your day 7 when your original post was on Nov 23rd? This post is on Nov 26th.

New Threads