First cycle question

Reaction score
I'm about to start my first cycle and have a few questions.

My plan is 150mg test twice a week.
My question is should I worry about clomid or any AI. With such a low dosage. I have been reading allot about gyno. I plan on going 12~20 weeks. Pct would be recommended right? I want everything in hand before I begin this journey.

I'm currently 6'2" 230lb

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
read the stickies on first cycles..You still have alot of work to do before any aas should be considered ..Its much better to use gear when you know what your doing a to z

Reaction score
Yes you need a PCT (clomid) if you plan on coming off that "cycle". Even with that low dose (normally a HRT dose) you can still shut your own testicular function down, especially 12-20 week. PCT will speed up the recovery process (re-boot testicles and natural levels, which may or may not be lowered indefinitely). I would still recommend having an AI on hand such as aromasin or arimidex..but on this low dose I don't think you will run into gyno issues (everyone's different).

What's your age and BF%?

In my honest opinion I wouldn't even call that a cycle. A cycle to me means running enough gear to build some solid muscle mass and strength for a period of time. That 150mg a week is basically HRT doses and wont do much in terms of bodybuilding or powerlifting...sounds like you might have low T and want therapeutic benefits?

Reaction score
I was shooting for 300mg (two 150mg) a week. I am 27 and unsure about my fat %. Is 300mg a week not enough? Should I bump it too 600? I do want to dive in head first. Just thought 600 a week might be to much for a first run. I have read the stickies a few times, asking questions here is how I am getting everything down from A to Z before this starts. I have test ready to go but won't do anything until all my ducks are in a row.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I was shooting for 300mg (two 150mg) a week. I am 27 and unsure about my fat %. Is 300mg a week not enough? Should I bump it too 600? I do want to dive in head first. Just thought 600 a week might be to much for a first run. I have read the stickies a few times, asking questions here is how I am getting everything down from A to Z before this starts. I have test ready to go but won't do anything until all my ducks are in a row.

500-600mg is a normal first cycle..I would even add a oral..first cycles can be great or horrible depending on you and your source..you also wanna try to come into a cycle already in the best shape of your life..

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
5-600 is a good start man. You'll enjoy it.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
your pct is clomid or clomid/nolva is the best..what ester test your using determines when the pct time starts

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys :) vary warm welcome! I shall be around for more discussion as things progress.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
OP, if you are worried/anxious about sides/gyno, you could always try 400 mg test per week (thats what I did) to see how your body reacts, but I will say, as long as you have pharma-grade AI (adex or aromisin), you will be fine at 500-600 mg per week and you are going to get much more anabolism at the higher dosage. Here on the board, we recommend 500 mg per week as a starting dose. As for the AI, its going to be a MUST to have on hand. Some folks recommend waiting until signs of sides to start taking it, but I am of the thought that you take it in small doses EOD as a preventative measure so it never becomes a problem (keep in mind your AI dosing is important to dial in properly, because "crashing" your e2 can be just as bad as having high e2). And as the fellas have said above, PCT is going to be a MUST as well. It will give you the BEST chance at recovering your HPTA after your cycle. I would actually suggest both Clomid and Nolva for PCT (again, it will give you a better chance at recovery than clomid alone). This is all covered in the stickies like Bundy said. Let us know if you have questions after you read it.

Reaction score
First test 400

About to start a first cycle and was looking for some help, I'm 23 just under 10stone so I am quite thin with being 5'9 been on and off in gym for about 2 years just want put the size on and shred out.

There are tones of posts what to take what to avoid been researching now quite a lot and heads mused.

I'm thinking of starting on test 400 and been recommended by some one what I should take below.

0.5ml or 1 ml test mon and thurs in your shoulder
sus deca 1ml of each mon and thurs in cheeks
6 dbol tabs a day,
for 12 - 16 weeks

Pct:

hcg and clomid

Just sounds heavy to start with, advice I appreciated

Reaction score
Just a heads up on my progress.. I'm going to do a test cycle at 500 a week and add winstrol as an oral mid cycle. Looking back all of my questions were answered in stickies. Thanks for not flaming tf out of me guys... I will start a journal when I began this process. I'm getting my diet on point right now.

Reaction score
This is mainly a fat cutting cycle the goal is a six pack within 12 to 20 weeks.(unsure if this a realistic goal) A good friend with anabolic experience suggested winstrol as he says stacking with winny resulted in the most body fat % loss of any other cycle he has done. If anyone knows of a different oral that is Proven to cut more fat then I'm all ears. But if it's just bro science then I think I will stick with my friends advice. I am aware of the liver toxicity. I will be taking a liver support supplement and prob get blood work done a few weeks into the stack.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Winnie does nothing for fat burning..Fat burning comes from diet and training. Bro science says var would have been a better choice for what you want

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
Just do the 500 week test. People come here thinking some compound will help lose fat. As far as I know there is not one. Compounds that lean you out for one are alot more dangerous then the bulking ones. When people do a cutting cycle they should already be pretty lean. If you work hard in the gym and diet is on believe me the fat will come off pretty quick.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This is mainly a fat cutting cycle the goal is a six pack within 12 to 20 weeks.(unsure if this a realistic goal) A good friend with anabolic experience suggested winstrol as he says stacking with winny resulted in the most body fat % loss of any other cycle he has done. If anyone knows of a different oral that is Proven to cut more fat then I'm all ears. But if it's just bro science then I think I will stick with my friends advice. I am aware of the liver toxicity. I will be taking a liver support supplement and prob get blood work done a few weeks into the stack.

Winstrol doesn't cut fat

Liver toxicity? Lol... liver support supps don't actually work. Maybe NAC but even that is questionable. Just limit duration. Winstrol is lame tho just fyi. You would have more fun with dbol.

Reaction score
^^^ I have always been a big guy and diet has been a downfall in the past. I'm not trekking down this path without a solid 2~3 months of proper diet and cardio. If I see the results I want then I may not fool with gear as changing the hormone levels within my body does sounds scary. Although I have been down this road before with diet and cardio and did not get anywhere near what I was hoping for. Which led me to throwing it out the window.

Just out of curiosity what's so bad about winstrol compared to dbol?

ToolSteel

KingOfSquat
Reaction score
Winstrol doesn't burn fat. It just pulls out water making you temporarily appear leaner.

Dbol is a party.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
Like everyone has been saying.....You want a six pack, change your diet and do some cardio. Winstrol, Var, they wont give you a six pack. Everyone will also tell you that gear doesn't do much without a good diet. Even when you go on a "cutting cycle" your diet has to be in check. Diet is so important. Very hard though.

New Threads