Jerry Brainum

Reaction score
I suppose old guys of yours know Jerry Brainum who runs "AppliedMetabolics Newsletter" with many articles on "over fifty" people.
I suppose you don't agree with his theories. Each time I'm referring to them I'm told it's bullshit
What exactly bothers you about them ?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ban this troll already.

Reaction score
Bullshit I said, inspired by Jerry Brainum includes :
- men over 50 should eat 4-5 g leucin powder with each meal (added to meat, fish or eggs) because protein synthesis is harder at that age
- men over 50 should train more often than younger people because sarcopenia (due to high myostatin at that age) destroyes untrained muscles
signed by the troll
-

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I have never heard of this person and I have been around this game for a long time. If he was important, I feel like I would have know about him.

Reaction score
It's just because you are too young, BigSwolePump, he writes mainly for oldies (he is himself over 50). He's been commenting Olympia for a bodybuilding magazine (I forgot the name) for years.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He is a well respected guy in the BB community. Had an impressive physique himself too.

But I am not clear what his qualifications are exactly.

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I wasn't entirely truthful about knowing about this Kat. His ideas are old school much like Dan Duchaine and Bill Roberts. These guys published alot of articles about bodybuilding back when there wasn't much information about weightlifting and AAS use. Since their time of glory, alot of their methods have been proven to be less effective when compared to more modern studies. There are alot more studies and more current information that proves more effective than these guys ideas who are still stuck back 20 years ago.
It's not that their ideas are wrong, its just that there are better methods.

New Threads