Best whey in terms of taste/ nutrition?

Oblivious

Reaction score
Ive used
Golden standard-Double chocolate- palateable, wouldnt buy again
Combat powder-vanilla Ice cream-it was alright but has heaps of sugar
Dymatize Birthday cake-it was ISO, good protein ration, too sweet
Dymatize Cafe mocha-biggest mistake of my life, its like downing sewer water. but it was 27 dollars for a 5LB with free delivery , how could I not ?

What flavors/brands do you guys recommend?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Ive used
Golden standard-Double chocolate- palateable, wouldnt buy again
Combat powder-vanilla Ice cream-it was alright but has heaps of sugar
Dymatize Birthday cake-it was ISO, good protein ration, too sweet
Dymatize Cafe mocha-biggest mistake of my life, its like downing sewer water. but it was 27 dollars for a 5LB with free delivery , how could I not ?

What flavors/brands do you guys recommend?

I stopped using why protein once I hired a dietician. Food>powder.

Oblivious

Reaction score
I stopped using why protein once I hired a dietician. Food>powder.
I only use it once I feel like I couldnt eat enough, its a supplement at the end of the day, but still good to keep handy

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I go mostly with just food for protein now, I’ll have a shake maybe twice a week if I’m just not feeling hungry and need the calories in so I don’t end up to low.

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
IF i do a shake i use Titan nutrition whey...just for the simple fact it dissolves very very well...but like the guys said food first.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If my clients want to use a protein supplement I recommend only using it once per day (I add it to my pre bed shake which consists of plain greek yogurt, unsweetened almond milk, egg whites, and peanut butter powder). I recommend MyProtein Isolate. Best taste/bulk value and ranked #2 by labdoor in terms of accuracy of labeling.

I personally use either it or AtLarge Nutrition Nitrean. These are absolutely the only 2 I will ever use. Nitrean is certainly more costly, but an amazing blend and the owner of ALN is awesome.

Uncle manny

Elite
Reaction score
Food is always the best choice but hey sometimes with a busy lifestyle what can you do. Some people get too hippyish with this shit. It’s a supplement, you supplement your diet when needed. I’ve been using allmax lately, pretty good stuff. Whey that mixes easy is what you want not the clumpy stuff.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Best whey in terms of taste/ nutrition?

I cut my teeth on GNC soy protein back in the late 70's. Try that and everything else is like the nectar of the Gods.

I have been using Muscle Milk for several months now but only because I got a "Fell off the back of the truck" deal on it. 5 lb bag was $10; bought about 40 lbs of it. Personally I think it tastes like shit; too thick.

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Muscletech phase 8 is really good. Especially if you're looking for some on the sweeter side. There's usually a good sale for it on amazon

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I keep a 4 pack of Myoplex Original RTD around in case I'm crunched for time.

Haven't used an actual powder in years, though. If I have enough time to monkey around with a scoop and shaker than I have enough time to make a proper meal.

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I only use powder to flavor raw egg white shakes. True Nutrition's Cold Filtered Whey Isolate. Double chocolate fudge.

Eat real

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
When I do use it I get the Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate from Costco. Big tub for like $40 lasts a good long while. Mixes fairly well and doesn't cause bloat or severe gas in my innards. But I prefer to stick to things like jerky or Fage for quick protein.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
When I do use it I get the Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate from Costco. Big tub for like $40 lasts a good long while. Mixes fairly well and doesn't cause bloat or severe gas in my innards. But I prefer to stick to things like jerky or Fage for quick protein.

same.

I drink one post WO, aside that they are for when i am lazy as fuk or an emergency type deal when i eat lunch from the vending machine at work because we are so busy & theres no way im staying past 530pm.....lol

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
Combat Powder, mixes well in proats.

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
Combat Powder, mixes well in proats.

Good to know. I've tried mixing a few whey powders (ON specifically) in my pro-oats and it clumps up and tastes pretty bad. My casein (MuscleTech) always mixed well so I've stuck with it due to not having a whey that mixed well in my oats. I may give the Combat a go.

KINGIV

Elite
Reaction score
when I was younger and believed all the bullshit ads I took all kinds of protein powders L-glutamine amino acids all kinds of shit but I didn't even know what was in it, if you can name it it was probably in the cabinets. at the time I do remember vanilla flavored nitro tech was my favorite and can't forget the cherry flavored Celltech that burned like vodka going down my throat.

Now it's pretty much chicken and beef, yeah I'm that boring at this point.

Reaction score
I'd say that it's a toss up between the Orgain and Body Fortress (for me anyways). I like to use a cup of skim milk to mix mine in. Makes it much more tolerable.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I only use protein if im in a rush or I need to hit protein and dont feel like cooking ECT. I always recommend food over WHEY.

Ive bought ON for years.. What a waste once I switched over to Dymatize.. Flavors are so much better aswell as digestion. But I kept trying out new stuff. Heres the best I've found.

Best Flavors/Digestion

Dymatize Elite XT - Banana Nut / Blueberry Muffin / Brownie 10/10
Beverly- Chocolate / Cookies n Cream (Best chocolate on top of Dymatize Brownie)
PES-Chocolate,Snickerdoodle,Cookies N Cream

Ive bought so much more but those are really the best ive tried. Trutein is on my next list to buy as ive heard really good stuff about it.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I enjoy a nice cold protein shake after a sweaty workout. Nothing wrong with a whey protein shake. I buy the brands Costco has. Now I have Muscle Milk vanilla. Mixed with crushed ice and orange Gatorade or punch. Nice cold and tasty.

New Threads