Question about Broccoli.

Reaction score
If you aren't counting macros, then is broccoli a definite must in a body building diet?
I did some research and figured that the whole chicken, rice, broccoli diet was just for consistent counting.
But why specifically broccoli as the veg more seen as the staple?

Are there some superfood benefit, or have any experience with or without broc in your diet?

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Oh my lol.....I had serious diet with no veggies and did awesome but ...everyone is different :32 (17):

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i add broccoli here and there for its fiber , love how my Chinese restaurant makes them!

Reaction score
Yeah! I really need that fiber, when i was doing Keto a month ago, my bowel movements were hell.
I appreciate the quick insight too.
I might start counting soon once I hit up a lab, I got my career together now so I got the moneys to follow my dreams of sculpting my body.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Broccoli is about the only vegetable I will eat. Couple others, maybe 2 or 3. I usually don't eat any vegetables. No you don't have to eat broccoli.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No broccoli does not have some magical property which brings about muscle growth or fat loss. It's just lack of imagination or personal preference.

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
I try to mix it up between broccoli, green beans, and spinach. Other favorites are zucchini, squash, bell peppers, and mushrooms. IIRC, the old school way is low fat, moderate carb OR moderate fat, low carb... Sadly, I can't handle low carb diets that well.

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
I love broccoli and can eat it by the lb, seasoned with garlix,onion, red pepper seeds, salt/pepper and olive oil. Baked for 25-30 mins @ 375°..... excellent

Chillinlow

Reaction score
The broc helps with fibers and great filler love it

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
As others have said, the fiber helps and it’s fairly “free” so you can use it to fill up on. Lettuce doesn’t count for much but it certainly doesn’t fill you up.

I like peppers for the vitamin C etc.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love broccoli and can eat it by the lb, seasoned with garlix,onion, red pepper seeds, salt/pepper and olive oil. Baked for 25-30 mins @ 375°..... excellent

X2X

I love it, so does the wife. We make it 3x a wk

good source of green fiber

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't include veggies when counting macros

Maijah

Elite
Reaction score
Broccoli and brussel sprouts cooked the same way taste as good as candy to me, I don't understand how you can not like it with some Jasmine rice and lean protein!?

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Broccoli and brussel sprouts cooked the same way taste as good as candy to me, I don't understand how you can not like it with some Jasmine rice and lean protein!?

I forgot about Brussels Sprouts. I started eating those last year when they were in season, roasted in the oven with olive oil and garlic. Afterward, I would season them with salt and pepper. When they are back in season, I'm going to hit the local Farmer's Market for some.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Brussels Sprouts are ****ing awesome. I cook them on high heat on the grill in a cast iron skillet with olive oil, lemons, salt and pepper. I like to burn them slightly. Could eat them all day every day.

Reaction score
I cook my brussels the same way, bomb AF. I'll grate some parmesean and add some balsamic vingarette reduction sauce. Old restauraunt recipe.

And, yeah, ill still continue to have broccoli as a staple, I just see everywhere as a go to staple.

Intense

Reaction score
I’ll eat broccoli if it’s there. But prefer something easily digesting like spinach when bulking.

On a cut broccoli can be useful for feeling full and for the fiber. At least for me.

Lab Lady

Lady Member
Reaction score
Broccoli is a definitely a great superfood. Nutrient packed. Broccoli sprouts in shakes has a lot of mental benefits as well.

New Threads