Thoughts on Iphone 12, or just get 11 when price goes down?

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
Watched the Apple event live. Boyfriend says theyre using too many adjectives. I said they have to to justify the price. Saw some decent new stuff but wondering if overall the iphone 12/12pro max is actually worth it? Or just stick with 11pro max once price goes down in a couple weeks?
Not really a picky person, just want a good camera and device life in terms of updates?

FlyingPapaya

Shit Pickle
Reaction score
Not an iphone person. I use the Google pixel 4 and am very happy with it. Maybe give one plus a look as they make nice phones too.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Watched the Apple event live. Boyfriend says theyre using too many adjectives. I said they have to to justify the price. Saw some decent new stuff but wondering if overall the iphone 12/12pro max is actually worth it? Or just stick with 11pro max once price goes down in a couple weeks?
Not really a picky person, just want a good camera and device life in terms of updates?
I've been waiting for the 12 to get 5g capability, that's about it.

wilkinkc

Reaction score
I have had an iphone since the 1st one was out, I love them. However, I recently upgraded from a 7 to an 11 and I hate it in comparison. It's too big, I miss the thumb unlock/open, and I hate the face recognition if you are out in public in a place they require masks. All and all the thumb print reader was way better IMO. For watching youtube and things like that the bigger screen is better but it's not as one hand friendly as my last one. I should have got a SE (which is basically the 7) and saved a bunch of money and been happier lol.

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
No, not worth it.

It's hard to justify a $1000+ upgrade to a device that still performs within a few % points of the "upgrade".

Sorry I probably didnt make myself very clear.
Im tossing between buying either the 11 or 12.
Currently with my S7 edge for the last 4years :32 (20):

xyokoma

Elite Lady Member
Reaction score
As a stockholder, you should absolutely upgrade. And buy some wearables too, tell your friends that everything is awesome. :32 (20):

Ahahaha I feel you. Got money invested in several companies. I highly encourage you and your friends to buy Tesla. :32 (20)::32 (20)::32 (20):

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Ahahaha I feel you. Got money invested in several companies. I highly encourage you and your friends to buy Tesla. :32 (20)::32 (20)::32 (20):

Yes they should! Solar panels too! :32 (18):

Reaction score
It always depends on the iPhones. If you have a recent iPhone say, iPhone X and above then it may not be such a drastic difference. Even with 5G you have to change your cellphone plan to get 5G which is going to cost more money. On top of buying the phone your looking at higher monthly plan cost. For some people on a budget these things are important to consider. If your rich, then.. PM me so you can buy me one it’s no biggie. It looks nice, and iPhones are ALWAYS trendy. It’s a great product with great resell value but ultimately it’s always your choice.

source*
I was a manager for a global telecommunication company before I was laid off due to COVID all things to consider I was balls deep in the business.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I use to use apple stuff, then they started making stupid stuff and making it geared more towards kids, not my style, i dont need a facial recognition so they can store it in a database to move towards even more big brother tracking society, not my thang

Android with a different os

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Ive had ipones, samsungs and google phones and by far prefer the samsung galaxy

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I find it extremely hard to swallow the prices for phones now. I only buy a new one when necessary (I.E old one can’t be fixed) and get the cheapest version of the iPhone I can.

WTF we need more computing power on our phones than was used to launch the Apollo is beyond me.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I find it extremely hard to swallow the prices for phones now. I only buy a new one when necessary (I.E old one can’t be fixed) and get the cheapest version of the iPhone I can.

WTF we need more computing power on our phones than was used to launch the Apollo is beyond me.
On 4th of July I had a few drinks too many (way too many) and took my SxS out and about, losing my phone in the process in a mudhole. It has not been the same since, and I can barely get it to take a charge etc. I've been waiting on the 12 since it will be the newest thing out and should last awhile I would assume, I'm still on an iphone 8.

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
If you are truly set on getting the 11 or the 12, the 12 is supposed to be 5G enabled. Im sure the difference in price is minor as they are both super expensive. I used to work for a company that was part of the Apple cult. They had to have a new phone every time one came out. I got the benefit of that, but in my opinion there is very little difference in each new phone. Sure the camera might be a tad bit better, but I dont make money making movies so its not a issue for me. (You will have to ask FD about movie making lol ) I have the 11 and its fine for me.

New Threads