Will answer questions on Kratom

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
There is a lot of false information out there about kratom.

I used it to get off alcohol and drugs.
It causes a ringing in your ears which goes away once you stop taking it.
I took too much once, vomited, brushed my teeth, ate, and all was well.
The amount I take has decreased over time. Started at 12g...now at 2g.
It's about as strong as a strong cup of coffee.
Do NOT drink it, it tastes nasty as hell.
The best way is to make your own capsules.
Goes great with a cup of coffee or whatever caffeine you enjoy.
Afterward I always eat. Food makes the most of the effects go away.
Works better on an empty stomach.

Been taking it on average 3x a day for the past 9 years.

Will answer any questions you have.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
A few facts...

yXo4p5q.png

BrotherIron

Reaction score
It's very individualized. I know more than 1 person who had opiate issues who turned to it and developed issues with Kratom.

Some people can take drugs and never develop a problem and others take something just 1 time and it can lead them down a rabbit hole they don't return from.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Just like anabolics, you should not purchase kratom from websites.
A lot of shady people out there.

Ped X

Reaction score
I actually used it to get off methadone, which I used to get off heroin.. I believe it has its uses but I also believe there can be issues with dependency as it does hit the opioid receptors and should be used with caution.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
It's very individualized. I know more than 1 person who had opiate issues who turned to it and developed issues with Kratom.

Some people can take drugs and never develop a problem and others take something just 1 time and it can lead them down a rabbit hole they don't return from.

It's not an opiate. Although it does have mild opiate like effects.

It's not addictive. Caffeine is more addictive.

You do it because it helps you or you enjoy it or...you don't.

Ped X

Reaction score
It's not an opiate. Although it does have mild opiate like effects.

It's not addictive. Caffeine is more addictive.

You do it because it helps you or you enjoy it or...you don't.

I disagree. It absolutely can be addictive and people should be aware of that before getting into it.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
I just enjoy it.

It's just a much milder and safer alternative to alcohol and other more dangerous stuff.
Why should a person with no substance abuse problems start taking kratom?

And how do you know you arnt addicted?

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Why should a person with no substance abuse problems start taking kratom?

And how do you know you arnt addicted?

Well I actually started taking kratom on and off about 12 years ago, when it was completely legal and opiates were not a thing.

Never got addicted.

When I started using it regularly for a few years I had a girlfriend who was "concerned".

So I quit a for a couple weeks, then a month, just to prove to her that it is not addictive.

Once she was satisfied I went back to it.

But to answer your first question, I look at it like "Why should a person with no substance abuse problems start drinking coffee?"

Last edited:

Boogieman

Elite
Reaction score
Been using for 12 years...I would have to say might be somewhat addictive?

Could you stop for the next 12 years without going back to it?

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
Been using for 12 years...I would have to say might be somewhat addictive?

Could you stop for the next 12 years without going back to it?

The only way I would quit for that long is if I knew it was estrogenic.

Then I would quit immediately and never go back to it.

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
There seems to be little research done on Kratom, I will have to look more tomorrow.

Why wouldnt it be in wide spread use already if it worked?

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
There seems to be little research done on Kratom, I will have to look more tomorrow.

Why wouldnt it be in wide spread use already if it worked?

It's more widespread then people realize.

When there was the opioid epidemic, doctors and dentists stopped prescribing as many painkillers.

At that time, many people started looking for safer alternatives.

There's a lot of false info out there, even on wikipedia.

Skullcrusher

Elite
Reaction score
A good article:

Kratom (mitragyna speciosa) is part of the coffee family, but has a very different chemistry than coffee beans. It’s been used in traditional medicine in Thailand and Malaysia for centuries, both as an energy booster and opium substitute. The plant contains a number of alkaloids, a primary one being mitragynine, which has opioid activity.

It and many other alkaloids in the kratom plant were recently called out as opioids by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) commissioner. “A lot of people were upset about that at first, but I think they need to understand that an opioid is any molecule that can interact with opioid receptors or those proteins in the body,” McCurdy says.

In other words, an opioid is not identical to an opiate, derived from opium poppy, such as morphine, oxycodone or oxymorphone. Opioid is a generic term that includes even endogenous endorphins that bind to opioid receptors in your body. And, while mitragynine has opioid activity, it’s very different from other opioid molecules.

McCurdy’s research shows that compared to methadone and buprenorphine (two drugs used to treat opioid addiction and opioid withdrawal), kratom had a much cleaner profile and was milder in its action. Whereas buprenorphine and methadone are full agonists or activators of opioid receptors, mitragynine appears to be only a partial agonist. McCurdy explains:

“We initially sent out purified alkaloid of mitragynine for a screen across a whole panel of central nervous system drug targets … What we found was a really remarkable profile of this molecule. Mitragynine binds with opioid receptors … but it also interacts with adrenergic receptors, serotonin receptors, dopamine receptors and adenosine receptors.Adenosine receptors are the target for caffeine. It kind of explains why some of these alkaloids in the plant might cause this stimulant-like effect. It also interacts with alpha-2 adrenergic receptors, [which] are … used in opioid withdrawal. Agents that activate alpha-2 receptors, like clonidine, are used in opioid withdrawal treatment to stop withdrawal symptoms such as shaking, sweating and heart racing …In all honesty, when I got the report back from the company that screened the molecule, I thought, ‘Wow. We just found nature’s answer to opiate addiction’ because here it was interacting with many of the same targets that we would target pharmacologically on an individual basis.”

How Kratom Curbs Opiate Addiction

As explained by McCurdy, there are three traditional opioid receptors: mu, delta, and kappa, all three of which are associated with numbing or dulling pain. In other words, they’re analgesic receptors. They block or slow pain signal transmissions at the spinal cord level, so your brain doesn’t process the pain signals as much.The Mu receptor was named for its ability to interact with morphine. The mu receptor is responsible for the euphoric effects associated with opiates. It’s also primarily responsible for respiratory depression.The delta receptor is also a target for selective analgesics and does not appear to have as strongly addictive capabilities as the mu receptor. Unfortunately, the delta receptor is linked to convulsions, and many drug trials aimed at the delta-selective opioid receptor had to be halted due to seizures that could not be resolved. Kratom does not appear to significantly interact with delta receptors.The kappa receptor, while good for killing pain, causes dysphoria or aversion, meaning when you take a compound that activates kappa, it makes you feel so awful you don’t want to take it again. For this reason, kappa-activating pain drugs have repeatedly failed in clinical trials and people don’t want to continue the drug.Kratom appears to be a partial agonist for all of these receptors, only weakly affecting delta and kappa. And, while the mu receptor is the primary target of kratom, animal trials suggest the abuse potential of kratom is quite low. To learn more, see “Kratom as an Alternative for Opium Withdrawal” or listen to McCurdy’s interview.

Article written by Kelly Devine Veterans Care Alliance Botanicals KratomUnited.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Answer this lol where to I get quantity for cheap? Paying $50 for 120 or 150 pills my wife is on that shit instead of Vicodin for all her health problems. It’s getting expensive I’ll buy a ducking pound if I have to instead of this $50 a bottle shit. She eats like 6 at a time like 3 times a day smh about to tell her man the **** up and deal with the pain.

Found some website Friday placed an order but still not cheap enough.

New Threads