Tested Blood PRessure at CVS. Should I be worried?

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ah well, can't edit, so I'll do an extra post:

You can see that this is Very Useful, as I started Var six days ago and I know that it isn't screwing with my blood pressure. Very cool. (The more recent readings in the previous post are at the top, so it is vaguely possible that the var has raised the diastolic a bit, but it has also been a couple of weeks from hell.)

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
And to answer the OP's question: Yes, you should be worried. The pulse rate is ridiculously high, but your blood pressure is also dangerously high. I am only a TRT guy, so I don't know what the protocol is for coping with high BP when on cycle, but I wouldn't think it's much different to "normal" people - if it's too high then get it down. My gut feel is that you could do with some simple BP medicine when on cycle, for instance 10mg ramipril (a really, really common BP med).

If your systolic is regularly above 140, or your diastolic regularly above 80, and it stays there for an extended period of time, like a month - then do something about it. It might be a sign of weakness to take BP meds (after all, they are for old people) but it sure beats a heart attack.

Hardpr

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
did you just walk in off the street parking lot and get on the machine. or did you allow your body to rest a few moments before doing the test.

Reaction score
did you just walk in off the street parking lot and get on the machine. or did you allow your body to rest a few moments before doing the test.

I went to the grocery store to buy food for my weekly prep. Then I went next door to the CVS and found the machine. Took the test. So no wasnt really resting for a bit before I tried it.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
149 pulse is ridiculous, if you are feeling your radial pulse and its over 100 resting, you have problems, I'd give you a damn beta blocker ASAP, that's a high bp too, past per hypertensive stage.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
149 pulse is ridiculous, if you are feeling your radial pulse and its over 100 resting, you have problems, I'd give you a damn beta blocker ASAP, that's a high bp too, past per hypertensive stage.

Agreed. I'd get the test repeated right away, Mate. Get to the shop, give yourself a good 2-3 minutes of just sitting quietly in the machine once you're got your arm in the tube and then take a couple of readings. 149 resting heart rate is unsafe, need to get that down.

Reaction score
ok guys went back to cvs today. I dont know how relaxed I was cause man I was sweating in there!
anyway I took several tests and I also bought my own tester. ITs made by homedics and cost about $60.
I havent had time to use it yet, but I will report back when I do.

ok as far as the CVS machine goes I was told that if the cuff is to tight you will get high readings.
I dont know if this is true or not.
anyway reults of all the tests I did are as follows

1) SP-106/Dp-71/ Pulse - 142
2) SP-121/Dp-73/ Pulse - 139
3) SP-105/Dp-75/ Pulse - 132
4) SP-150/Dp-80/ Pulse - 131
5) SP-143/Dp-89/ Pulse - 135

Im thinking I should back off the T3 now. I was up to 100mcg/day

Ill let you know readings from BP montior I bought later

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The spread of readings is typical of someone measuring BP for he first time, with or without a machine. As you can see from my readings you can get consistent and repeatable readings, but I've been doing this for a long time.

What I do:

Lie down, relax for a while
Put he cuff on left arm, make sure it is snug, relax, hit Start.
My current machine does three readings and averages them, my earlier machine didn't so I used to repeat the operation on my right arm and I'd average them myself.

You will still get outliers which you will learn to discard.

Anyway, your BP looks OK, your pulse is too high. If you take a beta blocker it will go down! Take half at first.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
As everyone said those readings are very high. It would be a very good idea to test them again on a different day.

When was the last time you had your blood pressure measured? And, what was the result?

Reaction score
As everyone said those readings are very high. It would be a very good idea to test them again on a different day.

When was the last time you had your blood pressure measured? And, what was the result?
A month or so ago I had blood work done. I don't remember if they check that or not now.
I'm not home right now so I can't check the results. Anyone know if that's. Part of the test from md labs when they do the hormone panel?

Reaction score
Ok guys I just tried out this Homedics bp monitor I bought and here's what I got.
First number being sys/ then dia/ and then pulse
What do youys think now?

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple of those readings the diastolic cant be right too low. Your resting pulse is pretty high. I'm sure that the T3 is the reason for this. T3 can also cause irregular heart beat as well.

Reaction score
A couple of those readings the diastolic cant be right too low. Your resting pulse is pretty high. I'm guessing that the T3 is the reason for this.

You think I should cut the T3 back?
Ill try and take some more readings with this thing tomorrow.
Its my fisrt time doing this.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't have any experience with T3. Hopefully someone who does will post up. I'd be worried that those strange diastolic readings were accurate. Caused by an irregular heart beat ect...

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bump! Bump!

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok guys I just tried out this Homedics bp monitor I bought and here's what I got.
First number being sys/ then dia/ and then pulse
What do youys think now?

This makes no sense whatsoever, and I reckon you should walk, not run, to a good doctor. I know they are are to find, but they do exist.

You BP in CVS was too high. These readings need interpreting. They are too erratic. Take your monitor with you, get him to show you how to use it, in effect to calibrate it.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
JD, check out the readings in my earlier post. They are believable - they are hat repeat readings "should" look like. Yours raise more questions than they answer. If readings are consistent then things are probably ok. If they aren't then the readings are wrong - or your heart is playing silly buggers.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A couple of those readings the diastolic cant be right too low. Your resting pulse is pretty high. I'm sure that the T3 is the reason for this. T3 can also cause irregular heart beat as well.

Dfeaton, it's not just the weird diastolic readings, it's also some of the full readings: 111 over 79 doesn't make sense in a healthy adult male.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yea, I'm trying to get someone with T3 experience to check this thread out & give their .02.

Reaction score
I've come to the conclusion that I suck using this monitor.
I either get different readings or get an error and have to start again or readjust the cuff.
I'm sure this won't help much but here's some I took this morning before takings any supps
The last 3 tests seemed a bit closer to each other. I think first 2 was weird cause of how I had the cuff

New Threads