Lay on your side leg curls?

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone remember or used a leg curl machine that had you them do it on your side? It was an attempt to take out upper body momentum and was a very round about way to finally arrive at the seated leg curl. Screen shot from Arthur Jones video where he is training Boyer Coe.

Leg curls.jpg

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Anyone remember or used a leg curl machine that had you them do it on your side? It was an attempt to take out upper body momentum and was a very round about way to finally arrive at the seated leg curl. Screen shot from Arthur Jones video where he is training Boyer Coe.

View attachment 10656

I don't know but I love the Simon Sinek quote. Awesome dude!

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Looks like something a proctologist would have in his office, so he doesn't get kicked in the head during a butthole finger plunging. :32 (18):

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
yep, im way too young for that one. Never seen such contraption but looks promising. see way too many just swinging on them things. id love to see a Gym Fail episode of some dude using this one "correctly". cable videos always get me

John Ziegler

Elite
Reaction score
If it means my legs are gunna look like that, sign me up.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
DK ... is this machine your secret to massive legs ...?

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
You must be new ... DK has more pics posted without his pants on than a stipper in an all nude bar ....

Not so new (May 2020) but I rarely venture into too many discussions and focus primarily on gear discussions. I’ll have to check it out and maybe post some leg shots too.

dreamscraper

Reaction score
I have seen and used a bunch of old school stuff but I never seen that before.
I have always thought the bigger problem with leg curl is the overall strength curve and how easy it is at the top. It seems like the weight stack would be best with a band wrapped around it to increase the tension as you get towards the end range but that is a pain in the ass.
I just much prefer band leg curls on a box and weighted hyperextensions holding dumbbells and a band around your neck.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow; what are they 27” thigh?

Never measured them and have no idea what a 27 inch thigh looks like so I don’t know if you are being complimentary or sarcastic.

Did measure my third leg when I was in 7th grade , though (not 27 inches)

Last edited:

The Phoenix

Elite
Reaction score
Never measured them and have no idea what a 27 inch thigh looks like so I don’t know if you are being complimentary or sarcastic.

Did measure my third leg when I was in 7th grade , though (not 27 inches)

Well they look big I’ll tell you that. My uncle competed with 28.5” @190. I’m not there yet but wheels run in the family.

New Threads