G's Log the pain that made the monster

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol you look to damn happy in this pic! Looks like you have a grip on it were it was going to bed with you that night.

That was right after eating at Bob Evans carbs does that to my smile LOL It went straight to the mantel with the rest of the medals and awards!! Thanks Josh!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
CARDIO
30 minutes
6 incline
3.7 speed

Kept hoody on to stay hot and keep heart rate higher.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Standing Shoulder Press
45x5
95x5
135x3

Front Raises
30x12
30x12
30x12
30x12

Side Raise
30x12
30x12
30x12
30x12

I had all kinds of pain today so I stopped the ohp as I was doing the 4th set of front raises I got a new pain so stopped them and went to lat raises made it through 4 sets and decided to just stop. Left wrist was not right and biceps were way too tight from 2 days ago then back started to hurt. Had wife elbow it for a few minutes but it feels like the muscle is all pissy I really stretched on the v rows and though I may have had a few over stretches and I am pretty sure that is what I feel today. Will be taking it very easy on squats tomorrow to make sure knee is all good, still a bit of an ache in both of them but the real pain is gone and the lump went all the way down.

G

Georgia

Good job listening to your body. Pushing through could have snapped or pulled something. It's better to stop and rest then push through and lay off for months

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good job listening to your body. Pushing through could have snapped or pulled something. It's better to stop and rest then push through and lay off for months

Thanks Georgia! I feel the same way!

Reaction score
It`s good to know when to stop to prevent a worst injury take care bro

G

Georgia

Thanks Georgia! I feel the same way!

I just realized I was looking at your avi the wrong way. I thought the northern most part of the pic was your bicep and the southern was your forearm. I was like 'Geez, what an oddly shapped bicep'

Which is really a compliment because that is a huge ass forearm that has been mistaken for a bicep

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It`s good to know when to stop to prevent a worst injury take care bro

No injury just not fully healed from last workout I really stretched the back!

I just realized I was looking at your avi the wrong way. I thought the northern most part of the pic was your bicep and the southern was your forearm. I was like 'Geez, what an oddly shapped bicep'

Which is really a compliment because that is a huge ass forearm that has been mistaken for a bicep

Thanks Georgia! That is funny as hell man!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Took the day off from legs. Last night did 2 1/2 hours of jiu jitsu even though 1 hour was teaching my knees were not very happy this morning so decided not to piss them off.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Chest/Triceps
Bench Press
45x10
135x10
225x10
250x10
275x7

Incline DB Press
90x10
90x10
90x10

Incline Flys **superset with abs
30x12
30x12
30x12

Skull Crushers **superset with abs
95x10
115x10
95x15

Rope Spreads
40x20
40x20
40x20
40x20

ABS
Weighted Crunches
60x15x6sets

My back is out of place in a couple places I felt it last week but thought it was just muscles pissed off due to the meet after getting elbow abuse it eased up then re tightened so it is out of place I think in two places going to chiropractor today. Still had a good workout but bench felt like shit and the incline DB's nearly killed my shoulder on one side......

G

Georgia

Are you warming up properly? Don't skimp on the warm ups bro. Get that blood flowing there. Let it burn a little bit.

Reaction score
Are you warming up properly? Don't skimp on the warm ups bro. Get that blood flowing there. Let it burn a little bit.

^^x2 may want to try some more warm ups before start get into workout sets may help G good job on those lift.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

^^x2 may want to try some more warm ups before start get into workout sets may help G good job on those lift.

Yes I warm up good I always throw in rotator cuff warm ups as well. This was my back being out of alignment, just got adjusted it was out in 4 different places.... My shoulder right after he popped it back in eased up and is now happy again. Neck still a bit sore but everything else feels good. After giving everything you have on 9 lifts in a meet this kind of thing sometimes happens the muscles get so tight they can pull you out of place.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Last night hit some cardio
Walk 5k outside

Took the day off to let my back heal up where it got adjusted. I also found out last night what is bothering my neck, after my wife used elbow pressure we found that my rhomboid is very angry with me. Probably due to the 525 pull at the meet and not being able to use proper form due to my knee being hurt. So basically had to muscle it up and well it pissed the rhomboid on my right side off.

Plan is to attend jiu jitsu tonight to teach and then take my class, but if we roll I will either sit out or get with someone that sucks and help them get better.

Tomorrow which is my normal cardio day will indeed be cardio may end up doing 2 cardio sessions but not sure yet as it is also my long day at work and after 11 hours most of the time I don't feel like doing shit LOL.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So last night did 2 3/4 hours of jiu jitsu and then afterwards I went in the other room and the owner was finishing up doing something with the weights so I went over just playing around I was going to do a fast deadlift I grabbed the bar and came up then stopped below knees and hit a clean then pressed it there was 225 on the bar LOL I had never even tried to clean more than 135 as I work out at home with iron weights and it I drop it it would be bad. They had rubber mats so I just went for it and it was easy!!

This morning
Cardio
HIIT 30min

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Standing Shoulder Press
45x10
95x10
115x10
135x10
155x10
185x2
135x10
135x10
135x10

Front Raise **superset with abs
30x12
30x12
30x12

Side Raise **superset with abs
30x12
30x12
30x12

Upright Plate Rows
45x25
45x25
45x25

ABS
Hanging Knee Raise
20x6sets

This was a hell of a session my shoulders are on fire and swollen like crazy.......

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I bet it was lots of reps and sets great!!!

Thanks Pik! Heat is actually coming off of them right now its wicked I am going be sore tomorrow LOL

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Legs

Squat
45x10
135x10
2225x10
315x5
225x10
225x15
225x15

GM
135x10
135x10
135x15
135x15

Leg Ext
100x15
140x12
140x12
140x12

Leg Curl
100x10
100x7
80x10
80x10

The first 225 set my knees were popping and on the 315 the 5th rep I felt it in my left knee. The right knee is what got hurt in the meet, guess compensating for a couple weeks put strain on the other one it should be all good in a week. So I dropped back to 225 which felt fine and just busted out some reps, did not want to overdo it so did enough to start feeling it in the muscles and stopped. The rest was brutal after the high reps GM I kept light but really pushed the reps my hams got so tight I felt it all the way into my back had to stretch between sets. Great session could barely get up the stairs afterwards.

New Threads