Rice noodles

Reaction score
Are rice noodles digested and/or a carb source equivalent to regular rice or is it just like pasta per se? I seem to be able to cook rice noodles in my meals and am able to slam a lot more down then I can with rice. Also reheating the noodles in my hot logic at work, works much better. Rice tends to dry out a bit. Just curious if anyone ****s with rice noodles

motown1002

Elite
Reaction score
I use brown rice noodles a lot in my meals. Love them. Jasmine rice doesn't dry out so you might want to think of trying that.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Rice noodles? Nah, never heard of them:)

Rice into rice flower into rice noodles. Further refined thus more readily digested. Rice noodles are almost 2x more calories per 100g serving as well.

Makes sense you can Slam them down. Dense food.

Sounds great for a bulk and not not as great if you are cutting.

Reaction score
Rice noodles? Nah, never heard of them:)

Rice into rice flower into rice noodles. Further refined thus more readily digested. Rice noodles are almost 2x more calories per 100g serving as well.

Makes sense you can Slam them down. Dense food.

Sounds great for a bulk and not not as great if you are cutting.

That’s perfect then actually. Just what I needed. I try to eat clean but it’s difficult for me to eat clean and be in a caloric surplus. Going to have to just eat everything I can and not worry about what it is other than sweets. Not a fan of sugar really

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have a serious love for Asian noodles......................I'm going to break down and try them for spaghetti!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm more of a cool soba noodle kinda guy, but the rice noodles are pretty tasty.

Reactions: Jin
Reaction score
I like them because I can cook them with a little boullion and throw like a half of cup of the broth in each meal just for an extra added moisture while it’s warming up at work, with some chicken thighs and broccoli! I’ll eat those all day long

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like them because I can cook them with a little boullion and throw like a half of cup of the broth in each meal just for an extra added moisture while it’s warming up at work, with some chicken thighs and broccoli! I’ll eat those all day long

Well hopefully this is a learning moment for you. You don't need to be so orthorexic or live by some made up version of "eating clean." There are tons of other great foods that are in line with our goals out there. Manga!!!

New Threads