Benching 365 = Fractured Wrist

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Exactly what it says. Benched 365 5x Monday and all was well till I turned my wrist a certain way when I was done and heard a rather painful/loud POP. I went all week with slight pain in the wrist. Ive broken my wrist before, so this time the pain wasnt that extreme to where I thought it was something major till this morning, when I woke up to find my hand swollen to the point to my fingers looked like Ball Park franks and the tingling sensation in my finger tips/wrist was unbearable, also my hand was turning a blue/light purple. No surgery needed but, I am currently in a sling and thank god Im in the PCT portion of the cycle.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
dam man...you should quit trying to be a fuckin iron god and then you wouldnt hurt yourself....time to switch hands tonight I guess ;)

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Do u have broken bones, or just torn/ sprained ligaments.
B?
I've put stress fractures on my tibia doing squats before. Shit sucked.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Idk about the ligaments part yet, Im getting an mri monday to see but the doc said most likely i do. Ive broken this wrist once before as well as my hand 3 times also. Shit fucking sucks and hurts like hell. The nurse gave me a shot of morphine and didnt help so she gave me another one and then BAM I was on cloud nine for the better part of the day. Kinda blows considering this cycle ive put on 25 pounds and only lost around 3/4 pounds of it and with that being said, this was the best cyxle ive done so far. PCT is def gonna be a hard go around this time for me.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn, sorry to hear Infantry. That totally sucks ass.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Idk about the ligaments part yet, Im getting an mri monday to see but the doc said most likely i do. Ive broken this wrist once before as well as my hand 3 times also. Shit fucking sucks and hurts like hell. The nurse gave me a shot of morphine and didnt help so she gave me another one and then BAM I was on cloud nine for the better part of the day. Kinda blows considering this cycle ive put on 25 pounds and only lost around 3/4 pounds of it and with that being said, this was the best cyxle ive done so far. PCT is def gonna be a hard go around this time for me.

hey bro next time they are gonna give you pain meds just say you dont handle morphine well and you broke out from the last one...then tell them that they usually use fentynal on you...way fuckin better shit bro!

trust me...I know all the medical tricks...see them daily!

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jesus CS, i just wanted the pain to go away, not become a herion addict lol. I've heard of that shit before, and its got a name to be a drooling machine and put u in a retard state of mind for a couple hrs

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
that sucks bro! i fucked my chest up benching heavy as well. getting too old for that shit.

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn inf. Sorry to hear that

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Exactly what it says. Benched 365 5x Monday and all was well till I turned my wrist a certain way when I was done and heard a rather painful/loud POP. I went all week with slight pain in the wrist. Ive broken my wrist before, so this time the pain wasnt that extreme to where I thought it was something major till this morning, when I woke up to find my hand swollen to the point to my fingers looked like Ball Park franks and the tingling sensation in my finger tips/wrist was unbearable, also my hand was turning a blue/light purple. No surgery needed but, I am currently in a sling and thank god Im in the PCT portion of the cycle.

This is why at 225 we put on very good wrist wraps like Inzer Blacks!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear bro I hope it's not the hand you jack your boyfriend off with!

Solid Snake

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
First off 365x5 is pretty impressive. Second, sorry to hear about the injury. It always seems no matter how much progress you make something always holds you back.

I sometimes worry about my wrists when I get up over 400. They seem to hold up fine but they usually hurt when done with a set.

Tilltheend

Banned
Reaction score
I'm really sorry. Make sure you give it time to heal, you don't want to injure yourself further.

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always take precautions and wrap my wrist's when going heavy. I know my training partner even wraps the elbows after adding 4 cookies to each side on the the incline. Hope you heal up and have a fast recovery brother!!!

corvettels3

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Jesus CS, i just wanted the pain to go away, not become a herion addict lol. I've heard of that shit before, and its got a name to be a drooling machine and put u in a retard state of mind for a couple hrs

You better watch it.. You might end up on A&E's Intervention.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that bro , I hope you recovery soon and well. take care.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Any update on the MRI results bro?

G

Georgia

Never heard of someone breaking/fract'n their wrist during bench. That's crazy! Sorry to hear this bro!