don't skip the legs

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If he ever did deads his legs would not look like that.

Deads work your legs just fine.

Well looking at it like that it really gives most of your body a workout and deads are definitely an awesome lift!

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well looking at it like that it really gives most of your body a workout and deads are definitely an awesome lift!
Yep. People say squats are king but there is nothing that puts mass on me like heavy deads!

I do love squats too tho.

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This has always been my ultimate fear, which is why I train legs like a mad man. It looks SO FUCKING STUPID and many girls will laugh at a guy like that.

In fact, I was in a bar a few days ago with a buddy (no drinking for me though contest prep :( ), and one girl that came up and hit on me said she had to give me the leg test...I was like What the hell is that? She then proceeded to grab my quads and explained it was to see if they matched my upper body LOL...needless to say she was impressed. Then of course I had to tell her I had a f*cking fiance when she invited me over :(

Moral of the story: train legs hard, and don't get married :p

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love leg day. It is the only day when I seriously want to cry and throw up. Whenever I finish I feel amazing... it is the most intense day I have. Legs is your largest muscle group and therefore your fat burning secret. By the way men, as you get older your legs with usually lose muscle mass so get a jump on the future bros and build a strong foundation while you can. Besides.... chicks dig muscular legs.... especially when they are sitting on them and lean back and grab a big ass rock hard quad!

Vette
my dad at 89 years old had to be put in a home not because of his mind but because he could not stand... thats why i hammer legs, well 1 of the reasons

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yep. People say squats are king but there is nothing that puts mass on me like heavy deads!

I say they share the thrown as they are both needed and both pure awesomeness that make one hooge!

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always skipped legs after highschool I hated doing them . I pay for it now its the weakest part by volume I would say. Besides deep squats and the leg press machine, what would ya's say works the best overall for strength and size I would say lunges ?

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Squats, front squats, hack squats, lunges, leg press, straight leg deadlift, glute ham raises

Do these and you shall grow :D

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
some of that may be genetics. his calves are skinny as hell bit quads look like they may be ok. but yeah, funny shit.

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
He is what we used to call a "curl monkey". Genetics be damned you have to bring it all along with some symmetry! If I have an area lagging I hit that area extra hard....

And don't forget the glutes fellas.... kneeling ham curls, glute kickbacks (yes, the butt blaster), weighted lunges, squats, leg press, quad extentions, calf raises, seated calf raises.... damn... makes me want to go do legs!

Reaction score
I often wonder about big guys with small calves, a lot of them claim to work out their calves so much, but for some reason I have a hard time believing all of them. No doubt some guys have a genetic issue with calves, but maybe they just don't work calves like they do arms. I think some guys skip legs so that they can do twice as much upperbody, and its no wonder why their upper bodies are so big. But for me, my muscles are for performance so I would never neglect my legs.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Lower and Back day is my fav, bench is gay!

beasto

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hahhaha Damn fool has NO LEGS...NO CALVES..looks like he skipped leg's for years!!!

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

Squats put on more bro!

You unrack, walked out balance and stabilizing the weight then decent before you bring it up, to pull is to pull off the ground.

Both are the best for legs adding some heavy GM's and Glute Ham Raises.

I have heard something like deads give a bigger test boost.

For me heavy lower, heavy back work like rows and heavy bench then the rest is reps but being injury training like this isn't happening.

I pull but bench on machine and squat but I do barbell zerchers and looking into a Safety Squat Bar.

New Threads