Alchohol and bodybuilding

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Trust me i feel so bad for Anyone who gets hooked on any drug
.. but camt compare the 2 unless a full blown drunk

It is light years apart when compared to how quickly addicting. The opiods destroy a life in a time frame that alcohol cant even dream of

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
While I tend to disagree with Hulk on lots of things, he is correct in a way. Open your mind for a second.

A heroin addict with a source of pure heroin can go his entire life injecting daily. So long as he is smart about how he takes his medicine and doesnt OD (which is actually not very hard to do with pure heroin) he will never face any health consequences from his addiction. It will destroy no organs whatsoever. The worst of his physical issues will be bowel impaction.

But someone who smokes cigarettes (though largely socially acceptable) will almost definitely die prematurely from their drug of choice. The same could be said of sugar.

And whether people want to believe it or not, in the days before fentanyl, there were thousands upon thousands of functioning heroin addicts who you would never guess had a problem.

EXACTLY!

You gave a perfect example of what I said. I couldn't materialize the right words to say.

I'm glad you understood my point.

I'll continue working on improving my word choices.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
EXACTLY!

You gave a perfect example of what I said. I couldn't materialize the right words to say.

I'm glad you understood my point.

I'll continue working on improving my word choices.

Sometimes I get you. Lol

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I get you. Lol

I 100% believe most here would agree with me on nearly everything if I wrote with more clarity or people would just read what I write. Or a combination of both.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I 100% believe most here would agree with me on nearly everything if I wrote with more clarity or people would just read what I write. Or a combination of both.

Ever heard the expression “it’s not what you say, but how you say it.”?

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score

What's that supposed to mean?!? :32 (20):

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
dudes arguing which is worse for you, Alcohol or drugs. Seriously? smh.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Booze is in no way bad... at all. Steroids.. now that's bad

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Alcohol is a drug, "which drug is less harmful" lol

Ever heard the expression “it’s not what you say, but how you say it.”?

Right? That's what I was referencing; how I say things badly.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Utter nonsense I know a lot of heroin addicts and I can assure you they have severe health issues and look like they could die at any momoment

While I tend to disagree with Hulk on lots of things, he is correct in a way. Open your mind for a second.

A heroin addict with a source of pure heroin can go his entire life injecting daily. So long as he is smart about how he takes his medicine and doesnt OD (which is actually not very hard to do with pure heroin) he will never face any health consequences from his addiction. It will destroy no organs whatsoever. The worst of his physical issues will be bowel impaction.

But someone who smokes cigarettes (though largely socially acceptable) will almost definitely die prematurely from their drug of choice. The same could be said of sugar.

And whether people want to believe it or not, in the days before fentanyl, there were thousands upon thousands of functioning heroin addicts who you would never guess had a problem.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Utter nonsense I know a lot of heroin addicts and I can assure you they have severe health issues and look like they could die at any momoment

Yea, addicts.

Addiction to a drug destroys health, not the drug by itself.

But alcohol by itself can destroy health. It's hepatotoxic, neurotoxic, and cardiotoxic.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Yea, addicts.

Addiction to a drug destroys health, not the drug by itself.

But alcohol by itself can destroy health. It's hepatotoxic, neurotoxic, and cardiotoxic.

Heroin use deteriorates white matter. It literally rots your brain.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Are you fools really wasting your time with this argument??? :32 (18)::32 (18)::32 (18)::32 (18)::32 (18):

DieYoungStrong

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I know a bunch of jacked heroin addicts and pill junkies.

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The fact is 90% plus of those of us on here will never compete or even get close to that level ... My issue with driving are the bad decisions I've made while drinking ... from driving to extra-marital affairs ... skipping workouts ... the list goes on and on ... I quit over a year ago and don't miss it .. I was never an alcoholic .. just someone who made bad decisions while drinking and looking back knowing that I would not have made those same decision without drinking ... it is often the unintended consequences that most affect the quality of our lives ... for my live I want to be clear minded making all decisions going forward.
I concur^^^^^^^

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Best thing any member can do is get loaded on booze and then sign back in to SI and then post away on this thread
Give me a minute.....

ccpro

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Moderation in everything is what my aunt used to say. Of course right?....by definition I am an acoholic! I enjoy a couple every night after work...yes, that's too many. I'll take a break here and there and I don't seem to have any physiological addiction/withdraws. It's a mental crutch I believe for many of us. I used to regularly take pills for a buzz...upteen years ago. I slipped into an opioid addiction and I barely got away. I was lucky, my wife made it very clear to me! Lost a best friend along the way from taking too many roxys. Anyway, drinking is a slippery slope and opioids are definitely on the "not" list. I am getting closer everyday, but I've yet to make a real commitment to improving myself that I can brag about!

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I drink one day a week sometimes too and it has never affected me in the gym or my health to a noticeable level at this point. But I keep it moderate and do not get drunk, I stop when I’m buzzed. I keep it at 3-6 beers maybe 8 on a holiday. Like ccpro mentioned
everything in moderation. If your just a normal gym guy or gal treat yourself if you know your limit and can drink responsibly in my opinion it’s not a big deal.
Obviously it’s a different story for pros and those competing. I prefer to enjoy my life and not deprive myself.

New Threads