Ai / aromotase inhibitor

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
ive been reading a lot on different boards for a while now where someone will complain that hes bloated after his cycle and a herd of people will instantly swear he needs a AI even when his cycle is over . the AI is to prevent the conversion of test to estrogen so taking it after the cycle is over and he isnt doesnt have high test levels will not make the bloat go away , an AI is to slow or stop estrogen from happening and IMO has little to no effect on estrogen allready present. the body just has to process the estrogen out at its own pace.

losieloos

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmm can you explain letro? I always hear it completely drops your estro, is that just bro science?

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hmmm can you explain letro? I always hear it completely drops your estro, is that just bro science?

never ran letro ,i hear it does its job too good if your not carefull. the job of a AI is to control estrogen not eliminate it but due to internet PANIC every freaking newbie thinks he has gyno.
most of the newer guys would be shocked that we survived decades in this hobby before arimidex , letro or aromasin was available.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
An AI is not meant to have an immediate effect on your estrogen. Over a few days as the free estrogen becomes bound your estrogen will lower along with estrogen related sides.

I'm not sure what your point is. If e is high an AI will lower it.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
An AI is not meant to have an immediate effect on your estrogen. Over a few days as the free estrogen becomes bound your estrogen will lower along with estrogen related sides.

I'm not sure what your point is. If e is high an AI will lower it.

i disagree , e may bind some but the MAIN goal of a AI is to prevent estrogen from forming in the 1st place. taking the AI while on cycle is the way to go , not waiting 3 weeks after pct and complaining that your still bloated and thats what some of the newbies do.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It really says what it dose in its name. Aromotase inhibitor, which inhibits the aromotization of test to estrogen. So, it blocks the conversion & doesn't directly kill the estrogen. I believe that this is what the Dawg is saying. If your estrogen is already thru the roof & your not injecting test anymore there is no conversion to block.

Reaction score
I'm new to all this, but it doesn't take a doctor to understand what the drug does, assuming you have high school or middle school biology education.

As soon as I read about aromasin I knew it accomplished the job more cleanly than arimidex.

Testosterone is converted in the body to estrogen in men. Through the aromatase enzyme. This is how the male body gets the bulk of its estrogen.

Arimidex inhibits the action of aromatase by binding to the active sites of the enzyme. It binds for an amount of time, than it unbindes, leaving the enzyme to continue its work, assuming it hasn't died yet. This accounts for the rebound effect reported with arimidex use.

Aromasin binds to the enzyme and kills it. Your body will keep producing the enzyme with no issue, so you can just keep killing those enzymes without problem. This is why it's called a suicidal inhibitor.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
I agree with Dadawg and Dfeaton. Aromasin is a suicide inhibitor of the enzyme aromatase (which converts androgens into estrogen). Since the structure of aromasin is close to the structure of androgens, it permanently binds to he active site of the enzyme and irreversibly inactivates it. Hence "suicide inhibitor". As a result the estrogen suppression rate of aromasin is somewhere between 85-95 % (but not sure if its different in men and women) .
Arimidex works a bit differently. It is a competitive inhibitor of aromatase in that it binds reversibly to the active site of the enzyme and which CAN, but does not always prevent the binding of the androgen. So it competes with the binding of the androgen, but the androgen can still bind. As a result the estrogen suppression rate of arimidex is around 50% in men.

Either way, if there is no test, there is no enzyme and the Ais wont work on estrogen currently present post cycle.

Cant speak on letro.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
Sorry about repetitive post. Was typing mine and didnt see previous post.

heavydeads83

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what's your AI of choice dawg? I've always just taken aromasin 12.5 ed and never had any problems. some people claim arimidex is better though.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i disagree , e may bind some but the MAIN goal of a AI is to prevent estrogen from forming in the 1st place. taking the AI while on cycle is the way to go , not waiting 3 weeks after pct and complaining that your still bloated and thats what some of the newbies do.
I don't think I've ever seen an AI recommended 3 weeks after pct.

I would ask that person about their sodium and water intake.

DADAWG

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
what's your AI of choice dawg? I've always just taken aromasin 12.5 ed and never had any problems. some people claim arimidex is better though.

i think aromasin is more than enough for 99%of the people , arimidex will do ok as well. unless your EXTREMELY gyno prone i see no need for letro..

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Tamoxifen has been shown to reduce levels of arimidex and letro interestingly enough, but not exemestane

staxs

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
In the past ive always seen guys use aromasin into there pct and taper off of it so as not to have a rebound of estrogen. But lately Im seeing alot of guys using forma stanzol to lower estrogen and reduce bloat.

Reaction score
In the past ive always seen guys use aromasin into there pct and taper off of it so as not to have a rebound of estrogen. But lately Im seeing alot of guys using forma stanzol to lower estrogen and reduce bloat.

this forma stanzol you mention, I found a post somewhere the other day about this stuff.
People were saying to use it in pct and that you shouldnt use clomid or nolva.

I forgot all about it til you mentioned that name. I need to research this more and find out if this is true

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
this forma stanzol you mention, I found a post somewhere the other day about this stuff.
People were saying to use it in pct and that you shouldnt use clomid or nolva.

Ya...heard this too.... It's a handful of OTC reps pushin this idea out there....This "idea" is SHIT!!

If you want to include supps or otc shit, that's your own prerogative, but always include SERMs in PTC!!!

(I've exchanged some heated words with these assholes)

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of anyone taking an AI outside of a cycle or pct EXCEPT for gyno or estro rebound during pct. Certainly not for bloat. I saw a few people mentioned if there isn't T being converted to E then AI's are pointless. I'm guessing you mean when your body returns to homeostasis and doesn't have super physiological levels of T present and have a bunch converting to E. I highly recommend, as do many people, running an AI during pct, even when T levels are at thier lowest. You might not have much, if any, natural test converting to estro, but running an AI will signal the body to produce more T to convert to E by keeping what E you do have down so it can return to homeostasis and normal levels. Just another tool we now have in tricking the body back to normal.

I will agree with you on the Internet hype thing. People freak out about gyno. I've had gyno since puberty and it flares up on cycle. I don't have bitch tits by any means. I have a lot of knots under my nips. It's not like you die or have some huge tumor looking shit hanging off your chest. Really the only way you could tell I have gyno is if you pressed down on my nipple. Ask herm he knows ;) The only time my nipples get a little puffy is when I dirty bulk and even then it's not bad. Even people with gyno in most cases can keep it in check if they'd get thier bodyfat under 14-16%. I'll keep pinning and be jacked as fuck. I could care less about lumps. Plus even if you could tell I had gyno, I haven't met too many people that would actually have the balls talk shit to me about it when I'm running some nandy or tren.

Reaction score
Ya...heard this too.... It's a handful of OTC reps pushin this idea out there....This "idea" is SHIT!!

If you want to include supps or otc shit, that's your own prerogative, but always include SERMs in PTC!!!

(I've exchanged some heated words with these assholes)

sounds like you just saved me a lot of time. lol thanks bud

AlphaD

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
taking the AI while on cycle is the way to go , not waiting 3 weeks after pct and complaining that your still bloated and thats what some of the newbies do.

I haven't ran my planned 1st cycle yet (only have 2 PH cycles under my belt). I plan on 12 week Test-E cycle and was going to run along with it aromasin at 12.5 eod, however I read many taking it at 6.25 ed just to keep levels stable making it more effective. I have heard that Letro will smash estrogen but to "keep on hand" My goal control my e2 and that aromasin is a suicidal ai and is more favorable on the body and starting from day 1 you will not have any e2 issues thus negating the negatives like gyno. (Im hoping I was not mislead)

New Threads