Guilty Pleasures?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I like watching clips on YouTube from America’s Got Talent. Clips where people rock it and blow the judges away.

I love Simon Cowell. Dude actually has a heart of Gold.

This guy is blind and autistic. Personally, that strikes a deep chord with me because of a dear friend I have.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DAPkOxRnh4c

What are your guilty pleasures?

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I watch "The Amazing Race" with Missus Savage sometimes in the evenings when I'm 'round. They'll occasionally visit places we've been and it takes us back.

69nites

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Reading through people thinking athletes aren't on steroids on YouTube and social media. Particularly ones that I've helped on the pharmacology front.

That and musicals.

Pooh6369

Elite
Reaction score
Like watching cooking shows on food network and cooking channel, love to cook. Part of me wishes I own a food truck and just food I like so people can enjoy

Reactions: Jin

flenser

Elite
Reaction score
Sometimes I close my office door and take a nap. Everyone just assumes I'm in a meeting and leaves me alone.

Can't watch those America's Got Talent style shows. Having the performers preempted by shots of judges making faces completely ruins the performance for me. It would be less disrupting to me if they interleaved the performances with 3 second shots of products their advertisers want to sell. A commercial, at least, makes economic sense.

BrotherJ

Elite
Reaction score
Donuts - I don't really like candy, cake, ice cream or any sweets (aside from the occasional pie during the holidays) but I can eat a whole tray of donuts if I had the gumption. I like old-fashioned, bear claws, and apple fritters.

I like to read fantasy and sci-fi books. It's a form of escapism and I enjoy going somewhere else for maybe an hour or two here or there.

Reaction score
I like a good cigar about once a week, usually with good company but also enjoy the shit out of it a lone sometimes. I also eat a Bobos pop tart just about everyday...having something I really enjoy makes following a plan pretty easy.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I like finding videos of people doing stupid shit & probably getting hurt because of said stupid shit. I'm all for getting rid of warning labels & culling the heard.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bourbon and cigars.

Every couple of weeks or so I'll have a cigar with 2-3 drinks with my wife at home. Enough to enjoy without overdoing it.

OldeBull1

Reaction score
I really like Taylor Swift. Her music is decent, not my style, but fun and catchy. But more so, I like her. Not sexual attraction, but infatuation.