Thyroid Supplements for weight loss and bodybuilding goals?

ShiftieGears

Lady Member
Reaction score
I need help with thyroid supplements. Got these results back and the dr says its low but not "Clinically significant" and wont prescribe anything. He also said I need to "go outside" despite being informed that the first time i tested like this for vit D i was living outside and in the sun all the time. i have some chronic fatigue and lethargy. Welcome to indigent care. It seriously pisses me off that the GP uses a psych diagnosis as a cop-out "you feel that way because you have major depression, talk to the psych about it". I can get synthroid from the psych as a medication enhancer just by asking for it but the doseage is only 50mcg.

TSH 3.110 0.358 - 3.740
Free T4 0.91 ng/dL 0.76 - 1.46 ng/dL
T3, Total 78.0 ng/dL 60.0 - 181.0 ng/dL
Vitamin B-12 401 pg/mL 193 - 982 pg/mL
Vitamin D Total 23.6 ng/mL 30.0 - 100.0 ng/mL
Hemoglobin A1C 5.7 % 0.0 - 5.6 %

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
I've gone through a plethora of health issues.
I only started getting better after I fired my endocrinologist because he wouldn't run the labs I wanted. After getting healthier at some point I realized something was still wrong and I ran thyroid tests, turns out I am hypothyroid but never would have known if I didn't run the correct tests. Even if a dr. runs tests usually they aren't all the ones needed.

After finding out, it's also an adjustment period to get to the right meds and right dosage because everyone is different.
I started out on a combination t3 and t4 and it worked for a month or so then dropped off. We played around with different dosages and upon my suggestion went to a t3 only medication, cytomel.
After going through a couple dosage changes I'm now feeling really good. Also, most will say take in the morning but for me it works much better taking at night.

Here is what you need to get,
Free T3
Free T4
Tsh
Reverse t3
Top antibodies
Antithyroglobulin
TIBC
Uibc
Iron serum
Ferritin

ShiftieGears

Lady Member
Reaction score
thank you so much. Lets see if he will order those other tests if I ask for it. Unfortunatley, I can't fire him.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Its indigent care through county hospital.... patients either take it or leave it and go without.

I see. Good luck. I hope he is willing to order the tests.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Yeah that sucks, but press for those tests.
Keep us posted

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Care to elaborate?

one can do permanent damage when trying to lose too much BF. Getting stage ready, fixing an issue such as hers....

Being a woman, i do not see her taking big doses of gear and eating a shit ton to offset whats going on with your body when on 50/75/100mcg

A few years ago when i was running GH and peptides i was always on t4, literally spent 11 months out of 12 on it for about 2 years. While it wasnt a big dose it did keep my body moving quicker and took another year for it to return to normal.

its just very easy to go from small dose to a big one with T3, then tapering back down can also be an issue if your on 100mcg for 4/5/6 months.

From what her issues are and what shes saying id guess shes going to be on it long term.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Where's ZILLA when we need him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :32 (20):

ok...my bad...blaming the brain...lmao!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ShiftieGears

Lady Member
Reaction score
Saw again this morning. Thyroid antibodies came back as .4
thyroglobuin <.9

thats as as far as he’s willing to go and said my weight blowing up is medication induced and im now prediabetic. He wasn’t even that concerned about taking DNP though he did look at my eyes and check for ademas. Also prescribed vit d and said that would take 6 months to correct. I may try the cytomel if the over the counter thyroid supps from the health food store don’t help with the fatigue n feeling shitty. A family member is a personal trainer and nutritionist; they’re going to help fine tune the diet

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
That blows he's not willing to do the other tests.
Reverse T3 is the most important. Your other numbers can be fine but if high RT3 that means your cells are not getting the energy they need, hence fatigue

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
let us know how the 50 mcg goes.

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Shiftie, what state are you in?
If you're in a state that allows it you can purchase your own labwork a-la-carte and bring that rx to a labcorp and have them done, and then you'll have your own labs.

ShiftieGears

Lady Member
Reaction score
Shiftie, what state are you in?
If you're in a state that allows it you can purchase your own labwork a-la-carte and bring that rx to a labcorp and have them done, and then you'll have your own labs.
Texas. Thats a good idea! When you were going through your stuff did you ever take anything OTC?

Rhino99

Elite
Reaction score
Texas. Thats a good idea! When you were going through your stuff did you ever take anything OTC?

Lots of supplements and different things to try and help symptoms but never anything that worked for being hypo. Nothing helped that except for the thyroid meds. First a combination t3/t4 and then t3 only where im at now. It was life changing, it made that much of a difference.

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
International pharmacies.

Try allday chemist. They sell t3.

@jin On all day chemists site, they ask for a prescription at checkout for things like t-3. Is this a scenario where they do that to cover their asses, but will actually process an order without one?

New Threads