Home gym

Ironcrusher

Reaction score
I have tried working out at the house for the past 8 months. This has not worked out for me. Does this work for others?

Reaction score
Depending ..... I mean at times I would only workout at home but now that I don't have a full setup i miss it but if you have been doing it for 8 months why stop now , what's not to work out or make it suck ?!?!?

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I like going to the gym alot more..More equipment and hot chicks...Unless all u do is squat dead and bench u need a gym
I have to agree. There are only so many exercises that you can do from home. For me, the atmosphere of a paid gym just motivates me more.

bugman

Elite
Reaction score
I have always needed a gym to keep me motivated. If I try to workout at home, chores always happen

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I fukking love my home gym. Power rack, bench, weights, dumbbells and a pulley. That's all u need trust me. There are soooooo many different exercise u can do with just that stuff. Ill never go back to a gym

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I fukking love my home gym. Power rack, bench, weights, dumbbells and a pulley. That's all u need trust me. There are soooooo many different exercise u can do with just that stuff. Ill never go back to a gym

Yep, pretty much the same setup here and i love it!

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I like to going the gyms here in Japan because I like to scare people.
I love constantly telling people how tall I am, how much I weigh and how much I bench.
I get extra rest in between sets when the old ladies cut in front of me and sit on the machine for 3 minutes while doing 45 reps with no weight; this helps my gains.
All the women wear makeup at the gym and do not sweat. This motivates me.
The staff honors me by apologizing that the machines don't have enough iron for me to do sets below 10 reps. This brings them great shame.
The members entertain me by putting my 5 rep max on the bar and quarter repping it once. This gives me a great sense of superiority.

i can't wait to setup my home gym.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
What can't u do at a home gym that u can at a normal gym? If all u use is machines then go to planet fitness. Free weights is where it's at and if u can't get a good workout in with some dbs, a barbell and a rack then I dunno what to tell ya cus u probably don't know to lift anyways.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
My home gym has a half inch of dust holding it down for me. My kids hear the sound of 45s rattling and come running downstairs to get in the way.
I don't even try anymore. Plus the eye candy at the gym gets me an extra rep here and there.

Reaction score
I love working out at home, but then there aren't any public gyms in the area that even come close to my set up.

I rather go to your home gym then my public gym Bricks.

Where I'm from its, home gym or no gym for the most part. Unless you want a planet fitness.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Been lifting in my gym for a couple months now. Decided last week to go to the university's gym for the dumbbells and do some shoulders and arms. Havent been back since. I ****in love my gym atmosphere. Everything is how I want it, the weights always get put back, and no wait times for equipment. The only thing I would change is to have a few more things- GHD, reverse hyper, belt squat, dumbbells, and a few more specialty bars. All in due time.

Fat Gig

Reaction score
I find for some reason when i get in the car and drive to the gym i sort of swich into a differnt mind set allmost like im at work and here to get a job done

Dapadeep1

Reaction score
Refusing to go to the gym counts as resistance training, right?

trodizzle

Elite
Reaction score
I have tried working out at the house for the past 8 months. This has not worked out for me. Does this work for others?

Works for me bro!

J4G1TPB.jpg

New Threads