Whats your career??

Reaction score
Currently working as driver for a meat company, (have a science degree, but never got round to looking for a job yet in that side of things),
it can be long hours, up early in the morning and depending how the day goes, it could be a handy 10 hr day, or if its a long day, could be 12-15 hrs, so roughly 50-60 hrs a week.
I'm pretty bored of it now though and do wish to make a change, even leave the country for a while and do something else, but atm it pays the bills (and i get cheap meat so thats a plus).

I usually end up going to the gym late at night, which can be annoying, since at that time of day i just want to relax, but i workout at home so it aint all that bad, i can go whenever.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Doing what I want to do DF.

I am going to get my BA in Human Physiology from the U of O (go ducks) then do Chiro school. Love to be able to not only help people with chiro issues, but also I want to help people with pelvic pain and issues, piriformis, etc.

Love to chat with you sometime, Doc.

Any time bro, but for fuck sake cover those hairy tits!

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm in murders and executions...

noobmuscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I love this thread guys. I like getting to know my SI brothers.

I got my first degree in digital media production. Developed some addictions along the way so I found myself back in school going for a degree in social work. I am currently working as an internationally certified Substance Abuse Counselor. So yeah, I get paid to set in my office and let people lie to me all day. Going back to school now for programming because lets face it, social work does not pay the bills! Eating is easy for me because I work in a residential rehab. I use the industrial size kitchen to prepare my meals. I just hat the hours and pay. Thankfully, my fiance is in pharmaceutical manufacturing so that helps. She makes Lortabs and I help people get off them. Pretty funny if you ask me! lol

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Unemployed Veteran/Student. I've gotten offered shit jobs, but have turned them down. Hire paying jobs(enough to live on my own in CA) won't hire me. I'm guessing they think I have PTSD since i've been deployed.

I'm planning to start my own business in a couple months. Just about got enough money saved up. My focus goal is to hire other vets.

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Im a Musky guide. I sit in my boat and take out wealthy people that just wanna catch a musky. It's nice getting paid to fish! Love it. In the winter time I plow a shit load of snow. My father retired and I took over his plow company.

Malevolence

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am in construction! If it has to do with remodeling homes I do it. I almost have an associates and take classes at the local JC. This fall might try to do full time student again. Hard to do though with three kids and a wife that works swing shift. She's my shugga momma though. I guess more like 2 kids and a teenager.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm a paramedic/firefighter/boiler designer. There is little time in my life as I work 30 hours a week designing and 72 hours at the station....the good thing is I can bring all my food for the day with me so the nutrition side of things is easy. At the station I may not always be able to eat but there are some things in life that are more important then my diet and work out routine. I'm not one of those I need to be in the gym type of guys. I use to be but since have learned that there is far more things to life then getting big or cut...I'm no pro body builder, nor do I want to be, but I do like looking good. That and staying healthy is my motivation
What can one do to become a Firefighter? I've always wanted to do something like that.

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
I love this thread guys. I like getting to know my SI brothers.

I got my first degree in digital media production. Developed some addictions along the way so I found myself back in school going for a degree in social work. I am currently working as an internationally certified Substance Abuse Counselor. So yeah, I get paid to set in my office and let people lie to me all day. Going back to school now for programming because lets face it, social work does not pay the bills! Eating is easy for me because I work in a residential rehab. I use the industrial size kitchen to prepare my meals. I just hat the hours and pay. Thankfully, my fiance is in pharmaceutical manufacturing so that helps. She makes Lortabs and I help people get off them. Pretty funny if you ask me! lol
LOL, got my MSW. Social Work does NOT pay the bills unless you use it to go into management! Aside from being a single dad, I currently am the administrator of a rather large medical clinic that also includes AOD and mental health onsite. I love my job and it supports my "supplement habit". I get my blood work done at work for free and free consultations from the providers. I work 8am - 5/6pm M-F, live about 20 blocks away, my gym is about 8 blocks away. Pretty good gig. In the past I've run methadone clinics, foster family agencies, and owned several restaurants. Currently working on two new restaurant concepts that I hope to bring to fruition over the next year or so...

conan

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Systems Administrator \ Storage Engineer I basically solve problems all day and keep shit running. Depending on the time of year it can get pretty effin crazy. But the pay off is that I work for a awesome company.

Bullseye Forever

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well for starters,im a research Entomologist,i do research on insects in cotton,soybeans,corn for the U.S.D.A, I research their life cycles,the damage they cause,and what insecticides are best to control them

Also i own and operate a 2600 acre farm,

Alot of my friends on here ask why do i dissappear sometimes,lets just say im a "little'' busy lol but i love my work

Oenomaus

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I work an office tech support job that makes me want to go "Shoot 'em up" everyday. Pay is decent, actually looking for new work though.

Shane1974

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am an environmental engineer. I work in the private consulting industry, primarily wastewater and water treatment. I have a fairly flexible work schedule, but I'm in the gym at 5:00am every morning. I take all my meals to work, which the wifey cooks on the weekend. We freeze everything for the week. Morning workouts are best for me-I feel well-rested and I get an entire day of nutrition afterwards.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What can one do to become a Firefighter? I've always wanted to do something like that.

Its quite difficult bro...anyone can apply and become one but the interview process is grueling. The best thing you can do is get on a department as a volunteer and go to school to become a medic. Once you become a medic though you realize you dont want to be just a firefighter. Firefighters are at the bottom of the food chain. Medics get to control the scenes and tell the firefighters what to do ;) But having your paramedic is a huge plus. Its extremely hard to get it though...basically like going through an extremely excellerated med school...your gonna be doing alot of wtf is going on and what happened all day in class..shit is hard to follow at first and pathophysiology is very difficult...but once you get it then it all clicks and its the shit! I highly recommend getting some experience as an emt first...makes it alot easier

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its quite difficult bro...anyone can apply and become one but the interview process is grueling. The best thing you can do is get on a department as a volunteer and go to school to become a medic. Once you become a medic though you realize you dont want to be just a firefighter. Firefighters are at the bottom of the food chain. Medics get to control the scenes and tell the firefighters what to do ;) But having your paramedic is a huge plus. Its extremely hard to get it though...basically like going through an extremely excellerated med school...your gonna be doing alot of wtf is going on and what happened all day in class..shit is hard to follow at first and pathophysiology is very difficult...but once you get it then it all clicks and its the shit! I highly recommend getting some experience as an emt first...makes it alot easier

Damn thanks dude. Any kind of college courses required? Or just the EMT? I walked in to a Fire Department once and asked what I need to do to get started for volunteering, and they said they don't take volunteers in the area lol.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I am a mother fucking gangster! ok but seriously I am a Senior System Administrator. So I sit at the computer all day and every 3 hours I get up and make more food to eat. I have 0 issues getting my food in and I work out in the morning before the crack of dawn so I can have time for cardio and jiu jitsu in the evenings.

Nice - i am in a similar line.

AndroSport

Traptheend
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're a mother fucking gangster too! Awesome!! :tren:

VERY TRUE!!

I am also founder / primary operator of a website which operates globally. eCommerce value added retailer website for IT Security solutions: Firewalls/Application Intelligence & Control/web content filtering/Malware Virus Spyware & Intrusion detection/prevention, SSL-VPN appliances, Continuous data protection, WAN Acceleration/Optimization, Wireless enablers, endpoint protection, remote management monitoring reporting & alerting.... and a few other things.

I built the site and so all marketing / pr / public interface to garner customers&followers / technical junk... blah blah blah

I also work for a large organization who manufactures such solutions/hardware/software that are listed above and manage all revenue attainment for a 5 state region of the US.

So I work with sysadmins and such frequently... helping them to procure the best shit on planet earth to protect and better enable their IT environment.

I do travel across the US & stuff but mainly in an office which makes it east to take care of meals etc.