Hey guys, I need a hand.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm asking for here, guys. I think it's because you really do feel like family to me. Weird, but thanks.

Either my E levels are too high right now or this is really shit. One way or another I'm not dealing with it well.

Here's a YouTube of my son's first real girlfriend late last year. Watch it and love it - I did. I was there that night. What an incredible girl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSFsu_aGEX0

On Sunday she died. Age 16. Her choice.

What the fuck is the meaning of this?

I've mostly held it together this week. I'm on a plane right now on my way home, but not doing well. I'll be OK for a while, but wish me luck for her memorial service tomorrow. I'm there to support my kids but I'd be there regardless. (I'm home now.)

As my wife says: "A little bit of insight for you as to her wonderful talent – we are so much richer for having known her."

Hockeyplaya18

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that Bigfella, my thoughts and Prayers are with you and everyone that was touched by such an amazing person. Sometimes you just never know whats truely going through someones mind, stay strong brother.

Cobra Strike

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Dam that is young....sorry to hear this. I deal with suicides weekly and its very hard to see

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
sorry to hear about that. thoughts and prayers coming your way.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I just got a chance to watch the clip myself. Hadn't seen it till now. She really was that remarkable. I actually hadn't really believed it had really happened until now. The last time I spoke to her was that night, telling her how much I loved that bit. She owned that night!

Now I pull myself together so I can take care of my kids.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this, So sad that this is happening too often, my son's close friend hang himself this past sunday also, he was 13 years old. I'll keep you in my prayers my friend. Stay strong.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
SOrry to hear about ur loss.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear this, So sad that this is happening too often, my son's close friend hang himself this past sunday also, he was 13 years old. I'll keep you in my prayers my friend. Stay strong.
Oh, mate. So sorry too. And we ask "Why?" and there isn't an answer.

Patriot1405

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know what seems to be going on. My friends son, also 16 commited suicide by putting a shotgun in his mouth. Never recall hearing about such young tragedies when I was a kid! Our thoughts and prayers are with you an your family!!!

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My best friend killed hisself when we were 14. Just had a friend kill someone and hisself a month ago. It's tragic when someone takes thier own life. Even more of a tragedy when it's just a child. Sorry for you and your sons loss bro. I'll keep her family and yours in my prayers tonight.

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't understand. No one does. And with that I'm going to try to get some sleep. Thanks family!

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this BF. This has got to be one of the toughest things to accept. How can kids think things are so bad that they need to end their lives? All you can do is be there for your kids & make sure that they know they can count on you no matter what the problem maybe. My prayers goIng out.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have been through this on a very personal level a couple of times and try as I might, I will never understand it but I know that if someone really does not want to live anymore, they will be gone. It's such a terrible loss as some of these people are the most incredible people you will ever meet. So sorry for you families loss.

Lulu66

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that bro. Remember, no matter what anyone will say, suicide is a sickness. Once you get past certain point, theres nothing anyone can do to prevent it. Been down that road myself, and it aint pretty.

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
A girl from my sons school, 7th grade, killed herself a couple weeks ago. I knew a few people that did the same when I was in school in the 90's.

I don't know. It seems like as medicine use becomes greater so do these stories.

My best wishes for you andyour son, this is never easy and makes you feel helpless.

DJ21

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear, as you said, continue on being strong and be there for your kids.

RIP

chicken wing

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Hard to understand what makes someone do that. My prayers to you and the family. May she rest in piece

BigFella

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I was wrong - she was still fifteen. The service was good. A celebration of a too-short, incredibly talented life. Over and out.

Mind2muscle

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sorry BigFella. Like everyone else has stated we will never know what suffering or torment that person has gone through. The problem in this country I believe is the stigma associated with mental illness and suicide. I think we have to be more proactive in our approach to mental health treatment so individuals especially children arent afraid to express themselves or ask for help. I am about to start a job in the mental health field b/c it has always been an interest of mine and people look at me like why would you waste your skills doing that. But I believe it is just as important as physical health if not more. But anyways keep your head up and try to think about all the great things about this wonderful girl.