Testosterone update

Reaction score
Not being an expert on trt or anywhere near, but I doubt you’ll get a doc to pump you up to 1k-1.5k... idk seems like a lot to me.

my natural test is 647 I’m 31, I’m sure you would feel like a new man at just those normal levels.
There are clinics that believe in keeping you at the higher end of the spectrum. To be at 1000 would not be out of the realm of possibility. 1500, yeah probably not. Oddly enough though, these numbers aren’t even important. What’s important is free test, it total. What good is massive free levels if none of it can be used?

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
I’m just surprised because I was at the Cleveland clinic which is considered to be a very prestigious hospital with one of the best endocrinology departments in the world. I would assume they would realize how low my levels are and would treat it.

the reason I am considering pellets because they are bio identical and have a longer history with a great track record and more research than injections. Plus I don’t plan to cycle I’m 40 and fat I just want the boost to loose weight to get rid of my joint pains and to put some muscle on, if I could get levels in 1000 to 1500 I would be very very happy

Sounds like you’ve been reading marketing material. Testosterone is testosterone. The same hormone your body makes naturally. All testosterone is “bio identical”. Don’t be fooled by fancy marketing terms.

Also so consider the fact that the doctor does the procedure and collects on insurance while writing you a Rx for test yields him no further profit. The head of urology at an Ivy League hospital also pushed pellets for my case. After some lengthy investigations on the boards I declined and pushed for injections.

Doctors dont always know best. Even the elite experts can be off. I have my script and that is all that matters. I have ugl test too. My Rx is for 120mg/week. I need around 200 to get to 1000. This I tweet my protocol. Something you may end up having to do if you want optimal results.

can you give me a link to where you found the Information that pellets have been studied longer than injections for trt? I was under the impression that pellets were newer (at least for human use. There is a long history of hormone pellets for animals).

Beedeezy

Elite
Reaction score
If I could get levels in 1000 to 1500 I would be very very happy
Everyone would be happy with those TRT levels. PCP willing to put you at those levels are few and far between.

Can you give me a link to where you found the Information that pellets have been studied longer than injections for trt? I was under the impression that pellets were newer (at least for human use. There is a long history of hormone pellets for animals).
Id like to see this literature as well.

Reaction score
I will have do a search again it was pretty much falling in the testosterone rabbit hole on google looking and reading, but I also saw tons of videos on YouTube again after falling in the rabbit hole from video to video where they say pellets go back into the 40s where injections goes back to the 70s

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Had to look.....interesting.....but I would never use them!

3. When were pellets first used for hormonal replacement?

Pellets have been used in both men and women since the late 1930’s. In fact, there is more data to support the use of pellets than any other method of delivery of hormones. Pellets are not patented and not marketed in the United States. They are frequently used in Europe and Australia where pharmaceutical companies produce pellets. Most of the research on pellets is out of England and Australia with some from Germany and the Netherlands. Pellets were frequently used in the United States from about 1940 through the late 70’s, early 80’s when patented estrogen'swere marketed to the public. In fact, some of the most exciting data on hormone implants in breast cancer patients is out of the United States. Even in United Stated there are clinics that specialize in the use of pellets for hormone therapy.

https://derosamedical.com/hormonal-pellet-faqs/#faq3

Reactions: Jin

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
So maybe pellets have been used longer to administer hormones, just not testosterone.

Chillinlow

Reaction score
They aren’t for everyone but I have seen a few close friends benefit greatly from them. All depends what your looking to accomplish.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
They aren’t for everyone but I have seen a few close friends benefit greatly from them. All depends what your looking to accomplish.

I’m sure pellets are a better alternative to being hypogonadal.

Reaction score
Endos are not the best place to go for hormones, I learned the hard way. Urologist can sometimes be a good start but most don't understand the whole system. I went to many docs finally ended up a an age management clinic and got some help (even though I was only 40 at the time). But most age management or TRT/HRT docs don't take insurance. I have found that I can buy most of what I need for about the same as or less than my copay using insurance so I just go to my regular doc to get my blood work done twice a year (that is how often the insurance will pay). For example from my insurance HCG is almost $200 per bottle, I can get if for less than half that without insurance. I now have a friend that I can get almost anything so look for that person around your gym, just make sure you get pharma grade not something that was made in someones bathroom or garage.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Honestly, at the prices that blood tests cost and what UG test cyp costs, Id much prefer to manage my own trt (Im going to for a little while right now) but it worries me a little bit to be injecting non pharma grade gear on a weekly basis FOR LIFE.

I know some of these raws are coming from China and I have read reports of heavy metals in some of them.

It's sad that this is the way American medicine is. I can get 10 ml vials of test for $40 illegally and get bloodwork done for $38. Soooo cheap compared to the bullchit these crooks want.

Reaction score
Honestly, at the prices that blood tests cost and what UG test cyp costs, Id much prefer to manage my own trt (Im going to for a little while right now) but it worries me a little bit to be injecting non pharma grade gear on a weekly basis FOR LIFE.

I know some of these raws are coming from China and I have read reports of heavy metals in some of them.

It's sad that this is the way American medicine is. I can get 10 ml vials of test for $40 illegally and get bloodwork done for $38. Soooo cheap compared to the bullchit these crooks want.
My only concern here is getting it illegally for the long term. Other than that I’d happily manage my own

DevilDoc87

Elite
Reaction score
The thing is, with legal, you are paying big overhead fees.. you have all that insurance and shit that alleviates most safety concerns.
But agreed it could be cheaper.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Rx test from a pharmacy is not that expensive. I pay about 30$ or less every 2 weeks for my trt stuff from the pharmacy. Thats without using my insurance to cover it.
Im sure that it can vary based on the pharmacy and the area but for me ill keep doing my trt through the pharmacy and save the UG stuff for a cycle.

OP check out trt clinics and you can even hit up your family doctor. Now not all family docs are that well versed in trt and can be very hesitant and often want to start you out on a really low dose. And they sure as hell are not going to try to get your numbers up near 1000 total. But some are pretty good with it and can get things going for you.

Reaction score
After going back and forth with the endocrinologist he gave me a referral to a urologist who does pellets so let’s see how that goes. I’m not looking to become a massive bodybuilder I’m looking to benefit with some weight loss and muscle gains, with my levels anything higher than what I got now should make me feel better than I do at this moment.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
After going back and forth with the endocrinologist he gave me a referral to a urologist who does pellets so let’s see how that goes. I’m not looking to become a massive bodybuilder I’m looking to benefit with some weight loss and muscle gains, with my levels anything higher than what I got now should make me feel better than I do at this moment.

Keep us updated. Curious to hear how he presents pellets as the best solution.

Also interested in what he can bill the insurance for and what your cost will be.

You have ave a lot of information from the many “friends” you have who are already on trt. Make sure you bring up some of the points made here.

Good luck.

Reaction score
Keep us updated. Curious to hear how he presents pellets as the best solution.

Also interested in what he can bill the insurance for and what your cost will be.

You have ave a lot of information from the many “friends” you have who are already on trt. Make sure you bring up some of the points made here.

Good luck.

thanks, but it’s still not a for sure it’s up too the urologist is he wants to do it, the endo just sent the referral stating that I want pellets, not that I need it, so I have to work on the doctor to convince him I think at least.

Also so found out my vitamin D is abnormally low 9.3 so I have to start 50k units a week for 12 weeks to see if my vitamins goes up, the endo said getting my vitamin D up could increase my testosterone levels a bit.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
thanks, but it’s still not a for sure it’s up too the urologist is he wants to do it, the endo just sent the referral stating that I want pellets, not that I need it, so I have to work on the doctor to convince him I think at least.

Also so found out my vitamin D is abnormally low 9.3 so I have to start 50k units a week for 12 weeks to see if my vitamins goes up, the endo said getting my vitamin D up could increase my testosterone levels a bit.

I believe vitamin D deficiency can also lead to symptoms similar to low T. Hopefully supplementing will help.

Chillinlow

Reaction score

I have had my vitamin d show low and a month later no changes and was good. Happened twice two different labs. vitamin D can skew easy. Best bet just take 2000 iu otc supp. Get retested see what Happens

Reaction score
I figure I will give an update. I am now laying in my urologist office and had 12 pellets inserted in my bum lol. I was given the option of shots, gels or pellets, but I have issues with elevated cpk levels and intramuscular shots would not be a good idea so I opted for pellets instead of gels. Let’s see what happens

Reaction score
Also my vitamin d is is low at 9.3 so Ive been on 50k units a week of vitamin d and my levels are up too 23.5 on starting 5k a day of d3 let’s see with higher d levels and pellets hopefully I’ll get a nice level of testosterone

New Threads