The Movie Thread

K1

Reaction score
Guess we need to get another movie thread going.....

A few I recently watched:

Expendables 2: Better then the first one...Had the great one-liners for the cast's past movies from the 80's...Would like to see Van Damme play more villain roles, he's good at those!! Looks like they have a 3rd one planned...Looking forward to that one as well!!

6 Bullets: Always enjoy watching Van Damme...He getting old and most of his movies don't have a great story line, but still always worth a watch!!

V/H/S: I am a fan of horror movies, but haven't seen too many that can keep my attention as of late...Most are B movie flicks with bad acting or shitty cheap films made with the camera following crap!! This one was the same and not worth the watch.....

Marshall

Reaction score
Prometheus was well worth the price of admission if you liked the original Alien.

K1

Reaction score
Prometheus was well worth the price of admission if you liked the original Alien.

Not a bad movie at all...Looking forward to seeing what they have in store for the next part.....

Marshall

Reaction score
Not a bad movie at all...Looking forward to seeing what they have in store for the next part.....

Me 2. I believe I read in an interview with Ridley Scott that the next/final movie would tie them in more completely and answer all of the unanswered questions. I'm a big ancient astronaut theorist, so I like the concept even more (though I think if there was aggressive intention, it would've been done thousands of years ago, not wait until we bleed the planet dry of natural resource).

K1

Reaction score
The Possession: Wasn't a bad movie, worth a watch...Much better then those horror movies with that found footage. camera following shit!!

K1

Reaction score
Lawless: Was worth a watch...A little slow, but wasn't overly boring.....

Bait: Shark flick...So so, didn't really keep my attention, found myself doing other shit while it was on.....

Marshall

Reaction score
I scrolled through that movie when it first hit...Fast forwarded to the parts when they showed the troll, lol.....

Ya, it was good entertainment. Well done all things considered, just kind of a silly theme. Now if they had made it a legitimately scary subject matter, could of been a much better flick. I have to say if there's one country besides the US that I would want to live in, it would be Norway. What a beautiful countryside, not to mention being a very wealthy, self sustaining country.

MR. BMJ

Elite
Reaction score
Snow White and The Huntsman.....Seen it today on demand, and it was pretty good. It was much better than I was expecting it to be. Chris Hemsworth shrunk from his roles in Thor and The Avengers though.

K1

Reaction score
Snow White and The Huntsman.....Seen it today on demand, and it was pretty good. It was much better than I was expecting it to be. Chris Hemsworth shrunk from his roles in Thor and The Avengers though.

I didn't like it...Maybe because I really dislike Kristin Stewart, I think she is a lousy actress.....

Marshall

Reaction score
Watched a good kind of artsy flick called Anonymous. A twist on the thought that William Shakespeare didn't author any of his famous plays. (His entire family was unable to write, and there was never any document, manuscript, or even a note written by Shakespeare in his lifetime that exists).

K1

Reaction score
Smiley - Worth a watch if you have nothing else going on.....

Grave Encounters 2 - Same old "found footage", camera following along shit...Getting really tired of those types of low budget horrors films.....

Looper - Not a bad movie...Good story line and nice twist at the end.....

Wrong Turn 5 - Worst one so far.....

Maximum Conviction - Steven Seagal and Steve Austin team up for this one...Not an overly bad movie but Seagal has really let himself go...Still a bad dude though.....

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Good movie, worth the watch.....

Judge Dredd - Pretty good movie...Don't go into it expecting anything like the first one.....

Marshall

Reaction score
Watched on old horror type movie with Nicole Kidman recently, "The Others". Not a high tension flick by any means, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch. Well done movie.

K1

Reaction score
Watched on old horror type movie with Nicole Kidman recently, "The Others". Not a high tension flick by any means, but if you haven't seen it, it's worth a watch. Well done movie.

Yes, that movie had a good twist at the end.....

Marshall

Reaction score
For some reason, Kidman seems like she'd be totally bizarre in real life, but I really like her acting and think she's hot as hell ! :)

K1

Reaction score
Killing Them Softly - Brad plays the good hitman role...But overall slow, draggy movie.....

Alex Cross - Watching this now...Trailer looked pretty good, we will see though.....

K1

Reaction score
Alex Cross - Pretty good movie...Matt Fox played an excellent psycho assassin...Definitely worth the watch!!

K1

Reaction score
The Man with the Iron Fists - Great movie...Definitely worth checking out!!

New Threads