Joshua Ruiz!

Reaction score
Even Joe Rogan is now saying insiders are corroborating that Joshua was hurt badly the WEEK of the fight. It's looking like he really shouldn't have been in the ring at all.

That said to his credit Joshua is making no excuses.
He chose to step in the ring. Good on him for not making excuses.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Even Joe Rogan is now saying insiders are corroborating that Joshua was hurt badly the WEEK of the fight. It's looking like he really shouldn't have been in the ring at all.

That said to his credit Joshua is making no excuses.

I just saw the clip of Rogan. Said he had a "good source".

That's not good evidence for me. Plus, I don't believe Eddie Hearn is trying to save face by saying the KO is a false rumor.

I DO believe AJ had a small concussion during the fight.

AJ was out of it, and I no longer think AJ was trying to sneak in more rest time before the ref called the match.

AJ expected an easy win. He NEVER faces incredible boxers. Ruiz got a good lick or 2, and gave AJ a concussion. The ref could tell.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."-Mike Tyson

PS To show I'm fair: I idolize Iron Mike because he had to fight like I have to (get in the opponent's box with little to no distance), but I'll STILL admit Tyson fought more mediocre folks vs incredible boxers. I hate it, but facts are facts.

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Makes me question the doctor that signed off on the fight.

I'd question the validity of the KO claim lol

I still don't know why everyone won't question all of the claims.

At least the ref did great by catching AJ's loss of awareness/loss of motor skills.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
I just saw the clip of Rogan. Said he had a "good source".

That's not good evidence for me. Plus, I don't believe Eddie Hearn is trying to save face by saying the KO is a false rumor.

I DO believe AJ had a small concussion during the fight.

AJ was out of it, and I no longer think AJ was trying to sneak in more rest time before the ref called the match.

AJ expected an easy win. He NEVER faces incredible boxers. Ruiz got a good lick or 2, and gave AJ a concussion. The ref could tell.

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."-Mike Tyson

PS To show I'm fair: I idolize Iron Mike because he had to fight like I have to (get in the opponent's box with little to no distance), but I'll STILL admit Tyson fought more mediocre folks vs incredible boxers. I hate it, but facts are facts.

Lol. "Never" my ass.
Joshua's last ten opponents in order current records
Ruiz 33 and 1
Alexander 34 and 2
Parker 25 and 2
Takem 36 and 5
Wladimir 64 and 5
Molina 27 and 5
Breazeale 20 and 2
Martin 26, 2 and 1
Whyte 25 and 1 (should be the number one contender)
Cornish 25 and 2 (6' 7")

Joshua was the only one of the three who looks like he actually earned his 0.

As far as Mike Tyson. He laid everyone who stepped he was put in the ring with out in 4 or less for something near 26 fights. Then shit went sideways. Tyson with cus and Rooney could have fought and dominated in ANY era.

Last edited:

hulksmash

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol. "Never" my ass.
Joshua's last ten opponents in order current records
Ruiz 33 and 1
Alexander 34 and 2
Parker 25 and 2
Takem 36 and 5
Wladimir 64 and 5
Molina 27 and 5
Breazeale 20 and 2
Martin 26, 2 and 1
Whyte 25 and 1 (should be the number one contender)
Cornish 25 and 2 (6' 7")

Joshua was the only one of the three who looks like he actually earned his 0.

As far as Mike Tyson. He laid everyone who stepped he was put in the ring with out in 4 or less for something near 26 fights. Then shit went sideways. Tyson with cus and Rooney could have fought and dominated in ANY era.

I know the records, but I'm still disagreeing with ya. No big deal.

I blame the environment of the heavyweight class for the past several years. Good numbers on paper but no myth-building fighters.

All just my opinion.

Mike Tyson was amazing and legendary. I wish Cus never died, because Tyson wouldve never had any negatives in his life.

rawdeal

Elite
Reaction score
Getting warm and sticky feelings here discovering 2 boxing people on a muscle board. Agree Whyte should be getting another title shot against somebody on the strength of what he's done since his lone earlier shot. To my shame I woulda said Whyte deserved it this time before Ruiz, but, whadda I know. Fun to see the list of opponents' records, from boxrec.com I guess? . . . that's what I often use. Maybe we should redact Charles Martin from that list though, lol. Glad to see also that Ortiz will be getting one more shot (unless promoters rewrite the script) before he is considered too old. Occasionally losses can up a fighter's stock, and his near miss against Wilder certainly did that for me.

Wilder may indeed have 1 punch ko ability, but he has no class at all unless you like trash talk and disrespecting opponents, and beginner skills at best. Imo he's a Loss waiting to happen, just not sure who or when, might be against someone from whom we least expect it. Thinking like a weight lifter who's a fan of boxing, I was always amazed at Thomas Chicken Legs Hearns' power, and here we go again now with Wilder, I don't see how he stands up on a breezy day .... but, so far, he does.

Enjoyed the Tyson talk, my favorite thing about him was his reverence and knowledge of Boxing's past, accompanied by his simple old school attire for the ring walk. Contrast that with some of Wilder's garb .... the executioner's mask he bought from BHop, or some of the other stuff from wardrobes of dead Wrasslers.

Credit to Cus and Rooney AND Jimmy Jacobs' film collection, but don't forget Atlas had a role in that before Rooney. Check out the vid on youtube where either fear or frustration almost sidetracks a very young Tyson ..... "Mike Tyson Turns Fear Into Fire"

Fuuk Don King and all of HIS trickerations.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
You have never read Tyson’s autobiography have you?? He was sneaking out Cus’s house to go back with his old pals drinking and causing trouble because he always missed it

I know the records, but I'm still disagreeing with ya. No big deal.

I blame the environment of the heavyweight class for the past several years. Good numbers on paper but no myth-building fighters.

All just my opinion.

Mike Tyson was amazing and legendary. I wish Cus never died, because Tyson wouldve never had any negatives in his life.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Not a huge boxing fan nor do I claim to be one but I have been paying a lot of attention to it lately since the heavy weight division is stacked and Fury and Wilder are just really good to watch and listen to. In my opinion this fight was rigged for a cash out I guarantee that in the contract Joshua had a rematch clause and I know damn well there were a bunch of illegal bets made on him losing and someone made a lot of money of this fight. A loss to him does not mean shit anyways since he screwed up by not taking the fights he should of before all I am saying is that in December Joshua is going to win and move on to the Fury/Wilder fight and then he will lose I believe his whole camp is just about t he money grab right now because they know he will not beat Fury/Wilder so they cashed out with this thrown fight will make good money on the rematch since it will be hyped and one last cash grab on the beating he will take by Fury/Wilder and then hes out the game.

Long

Elite
Reaction score
Looks like Ruiz is having second thoughts about that rematch. From what I gathered he is holding out because his guaranteed 9mil is not enough.

I think he knows he fought damaged goods with the home court advantage and is doubting himself.

New Threads