Reaction score
Can't say I've ever felt refreshed after xanax and alcohol lol

Any chance you might have sleep apnea? A sleep study might be beneficial to you
I thought only fat guys have that ?

Adrenolin

Bad Daddy
Reaction score

I think I have related issues when my bp is elevated, I'm dehydrated, or been drinking. If you have insurance to cover it, doesn't hurt to try it. My work requires it for anyone meeting the risks obese bmi (many muscular guys still have a high bmi as it's only weight related as to what's a healthy weight for your heart), snoring, neck size greater than 16.5...

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Actually, no Bundy not only fat dudes, people with a lot of mass (muscle) are very prone to have it, among many others. Ever since I've had a CPAP machine sleep has been great, more restful for sure. Most insurances that I'm aware of will cover both the sleep study, and a fair chunk of the machine, and mask, hoses, etc.

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Actually, no Bundy not only fat dudes, people with a lot of mass (muscle) are very prone to have it, among many others. Ever since I've had a CPAP machine sleep has been great, more restful for sure. Most insurances that I'm aware of will cover both the sleep study, and a fair chunk of the machine, and mask, hoses, etc.
I was not aware of that

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Years of working in the oilfield has trained me to be able to sleep when I need to. Just had coffee? No problem. When at home I’m usually in bed 2100 or so and up around 0400-0430

Texan69

Elite
Reaction score
I just come home from work at about 7:30am strip down and lay in bed and fell asleep instantly
sometimes I’m asleep on the wya home. Damn night shift lol

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
as a cementer you will be asleep for most of your trip,

Years of working in the oilfield has trained me to be able to sleep when I need to. Just had coffee? No problem. When at home I’m usually in bed 2100 or so and up around 0400-0430

BrotherIron

Reaction score
I've never had a problem sleeping. It's actually crazy. There was a car that crashed outside my window and it didn't wake me.

One thing I make sure is; dark room, no light, no tv, no phone. I sometimes play raining music in the background (ambient background sound). I try to get 7-8hours a day of sleep.

dragon1952

Elite
Reaction score
Since I started taking a certain combo of vitamins/sups at night I've been sleeping better than I have in 20 yrs maybe. I take B-5, taurine, dhea, pregnenolone, magnesium and zinc about an hour before bed.
I get in bed around 11-11:15 and work a crossword puzzle until I get real sleepy and fall asleep around 11:45, get up around 9. Then I'll take a 1 1/2-2 1/2 hr nap somewhere between 12:30-3PM (I don't always actually sleep the whole time), get up and eat my pre-workout meal, shower and hit the gym. I'm nearly 68 and I work out really hard so I guess I need the extra rest.

creekrat

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
as a cementer you will be asleep for most of your trip,

You know what they say about cementer? Eat till we're sleepy and sleep till we're hungry

JackDMegalomaniac

Reaction score
Ive found 3 things that help me.

1.)I only use my bed for sleep (dont use a phone, watch Tv, or read in it) then your body is conditioned to automatically fall asleep

2.) If you cant fall asleep dont just keep laying there, thats the worst thing you can do. Go walk down stairs for a drink.

3.) If I think about myself sleeping or try repeating a lynyrd skynyrd song in my head, It knocks me out.

HeiseTX

Reaction score
Anyone know of peptides that help delta sleep?

TeddyBear

Tren Made Me Gay
Reaction score
Ive found 3 things that help me.

1.)I only use my bed for sleep (dont use a phone, watch Tv, or read in it) then your body is conditioned to automatically fall asleep

2.) If you cant fall asleep dont just keep laying there, thats the worst thing you can do. Go walk down stairs for a drink.

3.) If I think about myself sleeping or try repeating a lynyrd skynyrd song in my head, It knocks me out.

1-hour before bed: shower, put on pajama shorts and tee.
then either watch TV or game or read.
30 mins before bed: read and protein, no more screens
5 minutes before bed: pee, brush teeth, floss, set alarm

Go to bed: generally around 11:00PM. Wake at 6:30AM (or 8:00 on weekend).

Bed is only for sleeping.

Rider

Elite
Reaction score
Like others have said, no tv or phone while laying in bed. I’ve always had insomnia, so I found this helps.

Utm18

Reaction score
I'm lucky to get 6 hours a night, and it's not a good quality sleep

Reaction score
Don't do what I do. I sleep great, eight hours each time, with absolutely no consistency as to sleep time. I can often make my own schedule, so sleeping 10p-6a might be followed by 4a-12p the next day. NOT good for you they say.

Reactions: CJ

New Threads