Day 9, First DNP cycle

Reaction score
The first 7 days I lost a total of 10lbs but the scale hasn't moved the last two days. Seems weird to me.

Been a pretty easy cycle. 250mg I get hot and I'm lethargic. I haven't hit the gym at all but I probably could. Figured a small break might be good for me anyway. Been eating at a slight deficit, around 200 below maintenance (but I'm getting some hard carb cravings) I get real hot after eating, especially after eating carbs. So all these things make me think it's legit. But I haven't lost a pound in a couple of days.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
the real loss comes after you stop. You're retaining water.

Reaction score
Ok. Should 400 below maintenance work? Any below that over an extended period (a week or more) my wife gets real moody. (Ok, it might be me that gets moody but I sure act like it's her fault)

Ive read a lot where people were eating at a surplus and still losing weight. Like my momma use to say, don't believe eveything you read on the internet, of course, that was before she started to believe eveything she read on the internet.

Anyway, i'll widen my deficit after tomorrow (Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm eating cake)

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok. Should 400 below maintenance work? Any below that over an extended period (a week or more) my wife gets real moody. (Ok, it might be me that gets moody but I sure act like it's her fault)

Ive read a lot where people were eating at a surplus and still losing weight. Like my momma use to say, don't believe eveything you read on the internet, of course, that was before she started to believe eveything she read on the internet.

Anyway, i'll widen my deficit after tomorrow (Tomorrow's my birthday and I'm eating cake)

You can still eat the cake. Just don't eat too much earlier in the day to balance out the cals.

Spongy coined the phrase but I echo it...

"DNP + cake = results"

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You can still eat the cake. Just don't eat too much earlier in the day to balance out the cals.

Spongy coined the phrase but I echo it...

"DNP + cake = results"

I ****ing love cake. I ate damn near one full cake a day on that dnp run. I was miserably hot, but so worth it. Great results too surprisingly lol.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I typically lose a few pounds the 1st couple days and then i end up retaining so much darn water im legit 3-5lbs heavier after about a week than what i started out at. run it for a few more days (i run 500 crystal or 600 powder - less sides for me on powder), and once i start to feel like i cant stay awake from lethargy and workouts suffer tremendously, also get huge food cravings towards day 12-14 and then i come off. water starts to come off and you see the real end results

Reaction score
Ok, cool. I find it surprising that im retaining water. I don't sweat this much on tren. My wife thought I wet the bed last night. But I believe you guys. I was originally going to do a three week cycle but I might push it to four weeks. Thanks for all the chill responses to my questions. A lot of forums get weird when you mention DNP

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Ok, cool. I find it surprising that im retaining water. I don't sweat this much on tren. My wife thought I wet the bed last night. But I believe you guys. I was originally going to do a three week cycle but I might push it to four weeks. Thanks for all the chill responses to my questions. A lot of forums get weird when you mention DNP

Good folks here Red and you came in with the right attitude and sense of humor. Good luck on ur cycle.

Oblivious

Reaction score
the last full run i did i had 10 lbs of water that didnt fully come off until 8 days after i fully stopped

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

most people will retain water due to the heat. there should be a thread sticky thats a pretty darn good read in here with a lot in it that is some great advice. 4wks on DNP!? phew.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity....does DNP make you feel jittery and all that like a caffeine overdose?

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Out of curiosity....does DNP make you feel jittery and all that like a caffeine overdose?
The opposite. It rapidly depletes glycogen and can make you feel pretty lethargic if the dose is out of control. One of many reasons why reducing training volume while you use it is a good idea.

If you overdose then chances are high that you will be dead pretty soon. And we're not talking a nice, peaceful death either.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The opposite. It rapidly depletes glycogen and can make you feel pretty lethargic if the dose is out of control. One of many reasons why reducing training volume while you use it is a good idea.

If you overdose then chances are high that you will be dead pretty soon. And we're not talking a nice, peaceful death either.
Thanks Zilla for that overly graphic response lol

If I did decide to move forward with it I was thinking of starting with 200mg and see how things go from there, two week run with topping out at 400mg if possible on the second week.

MrRippedZilla

Retired
Reaction score
Thanks Zilla for that overly graphic response lol
If I did decide to move forward with it I was thinking of starting with 200mg and see how things go from there, two week run with topping out at 400mg if possible on the second week.
Sounds like a solid plan. Ideally, you want to increase the dose in smaller increments, rather than having to double up from 200>400, but that's a supply issue.

Last edited:

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a solid plan. Ideally, you want to increase the dose in smaller increments, rather than having to double up from 200>400, but that's a supply issue.
Thanks Zilla.

Op, sorry for junking up your thread, as you were.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Def no caffeine effect. zilla got you covered for sure. makes you lethargic. ironically tho, i dont notice a single difference in my WOs until about day 10. strength maintains till then with no effect at all on any lifts, but around day 10... yeah it sucks. most people will run a caffeine pill with it before the workout to combat some lethargy. i legit slept all weekend while watching the LLWS...dont judge

Reaction score
The first 7 days I lost a total of 10lbs but the scale hasn't moved the last two days. Seems weird to me.

Been a pretty easy cycle. 250mg I get hot and I'm lethargic. I haven't hit the gym at all but I probably could. Figured a small break might be good for me anyway. Been eating at a slight deficit, around 200 below maintenance (but I'm getting some hard carb cravings) I get real hot after eating, especially after eating carbs. So all these things make me think it's legit. But I haven't lost a pound in a couple of days.

Just saw this thread and made an account.
where do you even get dnp??
i bought some from fertilizer club and have been doing 200mg for the best 4 days. I don’t feel anything. I haven’t weighed myself but don’t feel like I have less fat.
i see some others selling capsules but the price is ****ing ridiculous, 2 dollars for 200mg when it’s about that much for a kilo in China or only 23 dolllars from chemical companies in the us for a kilo.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Just saw this thread and made an account.
where do you even get dnp??
i bought some from fertilizer club and have been doing 200mg for the best 4 days. I don’t feel anything. I haven’t weighed myself but don’t feel like I have less fat.
i see some others selling capsules but the price is ****ing ridiculous, 2 dollars for 200mg when it’s about that much for a kilo in China or only 23 dolllars from chemical companies in the us for a kilo.

Why don't you buy a kilo then and cap it yourself?

New Threads