shoulder/trap pain when sleeping

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So ive been noticing the last couple weeks that when i go to sleep, ill wake up part way through the night with my shoulders and traps hurting like hell, to the point that its hard to move the arm on that side, and its both sides that do it, which one depends on how im laying.

And when i do eventually get back to sleep, when i wake in the morning i have to like stand there and let my arms hang free and stretch some before it starts to feel better. Through the day i dont have any real issues and i can work out normally.

Anyone got any ideas on how to make this shit go away?

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
Uhh, kind of i guess, i think under my head would probably be a better way of describing it.

You're pinching a bunch of shit off there. Not doing it will take some time but for now, put a pillow under your arm pit to decrease the angle.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
You're pinching a bunch of shit off there. Not doing it will take some time but for now, put a pillow under your arm pit to decrease the angle.

I’ll give that a try, that is the way I’ve alwas slept for as long as I can remember

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to sleep on my stomach with my right arm up under my pillow. My ac joint was ****ED. Trap was always tight and neck so tight I got headaches.

Use the lacrosse ball by laying down and putting it under you. Move it around the shoulder blade. When you find a knot that hurts rest on it for 2 minutes then keep going. This works all over the body btw...

Like snake said it will take time getting used to sleeping in a different position.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I used to sleep like that until I starting sleeping while hugging a large pillow. It really solved my problem. Now I can't sleep without one in my arms

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I used to sleep on my stomach with my right arm up under my pillow. My ac joint was ****ED. Trap was always tight and neck so tight I got headaches.

Use the lacrosse ball by laying down and putting it under you. Move it around the shoulder blade. When you find a knot that hurts rest on it for 2 minutes then keep going. This works all over the body btw...

Like snake said it will take time getting used to sleeping in a different position.

Nice tip on the find a knot and rest on it... never heard it explained that way, I like it.

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I used to sleep like that until I starting sleeping while hugging a large pillow. It really solved my problem. Now I can't sleep without one in my arms
Hugging a large pillow, is that we call a blow up doll now?

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

That's the saddest shit I ever heard

HydroEJP88

Elite
Reaction score
Rolling the knots sucks but works so good. Definitely well worth the suffering. I used a softball on my glutes because it was all I had laying around

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score

I actualy tried this last night, woke up today not hurting for the first time in weeks.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Took a lot of what was suggested here and have been trying it, feeling much better when i wake up for the past couple days. Pain isnt anywhere near as bad.

New Threads