Facts on building a 20'' bicep

notsoswoleCPA

Reaction score
Why don't people with bicep facts include Chin Up's, Barbell Rows, Deadlifts and all the non isolated and machine lifts that really make arms grow?

Just saying all I ever here is curls and tricep isolation work.

Making them grow and giving the definition are not the same right?

This reminds me of one of my friends who used to say: "You want bigger arms? Well, deadlift more! You don't see guys with puny arms deadlifting 600, or more, pounds."

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Learning from boxing most guy with massive arms can't fight worth the beans.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
I tell my young guys who just want to do curls-4-girls, that they need to focus on building their lower body by squatting and deadlifting and their arms will grow from that more than they will with curls alone.

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bricks a dangerous lean massive dude.

that's a strong looking gun there, Bricks. Poor Mr. pP though. His big guns couldn't keep Mrs. pP from kicking his ass!y

Rivere Stelanos

Reaction score
Holly shit mr.p, 17 1/2 at 16?! I am about two Inches short. Here I thought I was sitting pretty at 15 1/2. Jokes aside, 20s are very hard to get without enhancements or adding some good fat. But it all depends on genetics.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I have decided I gonna try for a 20 inch arm, going to devote an arm day into my routine every week from yesterday

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
I'm stuck at 18" (non-pumped). I'm 6'-1", just under 250 pounds and 48 years old.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I am at 18 none pumped and never really dedicated anytime to them. Usually 2 triceps exercises after chest and 2 bi after back. Usually it’s a high rep pump, I think I going to keep this the same but add a heavy arm day in

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
I am at 18 none pumped and never really dedicated anytime to them. Usually 2 triceps exercises after chest and 2 bi after back. Usually it’s a high rep pump, I think I going to keep this the same but add a heavy arm day in
I don't do any arm exercises on chest or back day since I lift so heavy I can barely move afterwards. I do have 1 day solely dedicated to them. I used to do super heavy skull crushers on the decline bench (bad shoulders) until my elbows couldn't handle the weight anymore. My tris are pretty decent in size but my bis just don't seem to grow. No matter what I did - heavy or volume - they just don't grow and I can't even get them sore. I can lift & lift until I can't move my arms anymore and I have no soreness the next day. The last arm day I had, I did just isolation cable exercises for my bis and they FINALLY felt sore the next day.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
I have found that my tris respond better to higher weight and constant tension exercises. Biceps respond better to reps and volume. They get hit so heavy on back day anyway

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I don't do any arm exercises on chest or back day since I lift so heavy I can barely move afterwards. I do have 1 day solely dedicated to them. I used to do super heavy skull crushers on the decline bench (bad shoulders) until my elbows couldn't handle the weight anymore. My tris are pretty decent in size but my bis just don't seem to grow. No matter what I did - heavy or volume - they just don't grow and I can't even get them sore. I can lift & lift until I can't move my arms anymore and I have no soreness the next day. The last arm day I had, I did just isolation cable exercises for my bis and they FINALLY felt sore the next bday.

Try skull crushers stood up with rope on cables. It is the same action as what you used to do but takes all strain off your joints. Works fir me anyway

stevenmd

Elite
Reaction score
Try skull crushers stood up with rope on cables. It is the same action as what you used to do but takes all strain off your joints. Works fir me anyway
With previous supraspinatus and rotator cuff injuries, I don't have the greatest range of motion when putting my shoulders over my head. My tris are fine at this point, I need to get my bis to pop!

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
With previous supraspinatus and rotator cuff injuries, I don't have the greatest range of motion when putting my shoulders over my head. My tris are fine at this point, I need to get my bis to pop!

You tried ignoring them for 6 month??

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I don't follow what you're asking me here. Ignore training my bis? I can't do that. I have a show coming up!

An old pti in the military that competed in the 70’s or something once said to me if your arms stop growing don’t do an arm day for 6 months. Said they won’t shrink due to the push’s and pulls with your back chest and shoulders but once you start again after 6 months they will grow. Was 20 years ago he told me that, I know you got a show coming up but maybe worth a try when you have the time

New Threads