Increasing Overhead press

Reaction score
I've been struggling with increasing my overhead (265) in order to compete I need to make it 400+, finding it hard to increase weight, any suggestions ?

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
400 + on Ohp? Ok man. Did you mean 300 +?

Last edited:

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
U compete in strongman??? 400 pound ohp is big boy Weight. I'd recommend rotating sitting and standing ohp every week. U can push more weight sitting and will carry over to your standing. Do Strict and push press also.

Klokov presses always hammered my shoulders. Look em up if u don't know what they are. U start with the bar on your traps with a wide grip and pretty much try to stretch the bar to get it up.

Reaction score
U compete in strongman??? 400 pound ohp is big boy Weight. I'd recommend rotating sitting and standing ohp every week. U can push more weight sitting and will carry over to your standing. Do Strict and push press also.

Klokov presses always hammered my shoulders. Look em up if u don't know what they are. U start with the bar on your traps with a wide grip and pretty much try to stretch the bar to get it up.
I should go ahead and throw the sittings in, and I'm going to look into those Klokovs too.
edit : definitely adding in klokovs

Last edited:

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I should go ahead and throw the sittings in, and I'm going to look into those Klokovs too.
edit : definitely adding in klokovs

Like I said sitting will allow u to brace your feet and lower back and push heavier weights.

Start light with the klokovs man they are tough but will make a man outta you. Lol

Reaction score
Like I said sitting will allow u to brace your feet and lower back and push heavier weights.

Start light with the klokovs man they are tough but will make a man outta you. Lol
40-60% max weight a good start on the klokovs ?

Reaction score
Do you find a lot of carry over for the OHP? I have added it back in recently but can't say if it has helped the bench at all

New Threads