Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio & Jiu Jitsu Last night

30 minutes torture device
464 calories
3.0 avg speed
141 avg heart rate

2 1/2 hours jiu jitsu finished with a 3 minute match against my friend Cesar which is a Brown belt and the head instructor at the school. Got a tie neither of us could score a point or submit the other in the time given. This is a win for me as I am a lower belt!

Got tests all night with issues from work so no sleep and could not do deads this morning. I will hit cardio and abs tonight and see if I have enough for at least a few deads......

damn, you're rocking the cardio! That sucks that you didn't get any sleep, I stress out when I don't get in enough sleep...but most nights are restless :(

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
damn, you're rocking the cardio! That sucks that you didn't get any sleep, I stress out when I don't get in enough sleep...but most nights are restless :(

Thanks babe! I was doing very well sleeping until they texted me the rest of the night LOL I actually have a rough time getting to sleep but once I fall off I do not have issues normally....... I am about to go home I am getting to bill the time I had to be not sleeping so its all good!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks babe! I was doing very well sleeping until they texted me the rest of the night LOL I actually have a rough time getting to sleep but once I fall off I do not have issues normally....... I am about to go home I am getting to bill the time I had to be not sleeping so its all good!

That's awesome! I am the opposite...fall asleep but can't stay asleep..but the rare time I can't fall asleep easy. My summer class started yesterday and it's fast paced so I'm thinking that's on my mind plus I just got my book on my lunch yesterday and had to read the first chapter and start my work last night ;)

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio and Abs

30 min HIIT torture device
530 calories
3.1 avg speed
140 avg heaqrt rate

Ab Circuit 3x
Ball Crunches 1min
Resisted Crunches (BG) 20
Side Swings (BG) 20 each side
Round and rounds (BG) 15 each side
BG=Bulgaian Bag

Got my rest yesterday just went home and slept. Skipped workouts will make up cardio and abs but skipping back this week. This ab circuit is freaking awesome by the end of the 1 min on the ball my abs burn by the end of the resisted crunches my abs are about to lock up, by the end of the circuit my obliques and lower back feel it. Core is going to get insane!

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah bro its shread time for you ! I am sure your seeing results from all this cardio and ab work by now huh? Strong like a power lifter , built for speed! I dig it bro keep up the hard work

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There has been no work most of this week. Tuesday missed back due to no sleep then Wednesday I laid crooked on the couch while watching a movie when I got up my back was tweaked, very pissed about this. I got hurt doing nothing grrrrrr.... So anyways went to chiropractor he said it is in place but spasming and in protect mode. Tried to think about squats today and the bar made me hurt so I quit......

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cardio & Abs

30 min torture device
447 calories
2.9 avg speed
139 avg heart rate

Ab Circuit 3x
Ab wheel 20
Habging knee raise 15
Ball Crunches 20
Weighted Reverse crunches (BG) 15
BG=Bulgarian bag

Well after being down a few days with my back messed up it felt good to be back and doing something. Missed jiu jitsu and workouts most of the week but I am healed up and ready to kick some ass. Tomorrow I will be doing cardio and possibly abs to make up for the 2 days I missed this week. Next week is singles week for me so I can find out where I am with no gear and readjust numbers off the new ones I hit this week.

Reaction score
I`m glad to hear your ready to kick some ass, I know sucks being injured and out of training but the come back always make you feel like an animal, lol

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I`m glad to hear your ready to kick some ass, I know sucks being injured and out of training but the come back always make you feel like an animal, lol

Thanks Pik! Yea just hoping for decent numbers been off a bit too much so i am sure they dropped especially with no belt but i will do me best.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Bench Press **all paused rep**

45x5
135x5
225x3
250x1
275x1
305x1
330x1
340x1 ***
355x0
225+1chainx3
225+2chainsx3
225+2chainsx2
225+2chainsx2

Well the 340 was a PR it was the heaviest I have done with no lift off. It is only 10 pounds under my lift off PR so I think from here I am going to be using that as my 1RM and try to build it up 5 pounds or so a month. Have not played with the chains in a while and just felt like benching today so I threw them in. For those that do not know using the 5/8" chain set 1chain=50 pounds as there is actually 2 chains in the set then every chain after is 20 pounds per side. The paused rep chains were brutal but fun.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
woot! your a beast bro congrats on the pr. What's the science behind the chains? I am thinking that the weight lays off as you come down b/c there laying on the floor then as you push it gets progressively heavy? clue me in o wise one

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
woot! your a beast bro congrats on the pr. What's the science behind the chains? I am thinking that the weight lays off as you come down b/c there laying on the floor then as you push it gets progressively heavy? clue me in o wise one

Thanks Grizz! You are right it gets heavier as you go up. It changes the strength curve of the lift making the lock out the hardest part. My sticking point for bench is 7 inches off the chest so my triceps are the weakest point of my bench. Chains and bands really work the triceps and make them strong.

Reaction score
Congrats on the PR G, always said your a BEAST!!!!

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
cool bro im gonna get me some chains asap not only do they look bad ass they gotta be cheaper then weight and will help trick the muscle, Im in!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
cool bro im gonna get me some chains asap not only do they look bad ass they gotta be cheaper then weight and will help trick the muscle, Im in!

I dont know about cheaper than weight they are not cheap. I got mine from elite fts they run deals here and there. They are a good training tool for sure. Bands work just as well and will cost much less.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I dont know about cheaper than weight they are not cheap. I got mine from elite fts they run deals here and there. They are a good training tool for sure. Bands work just as well and will cost much less.

lol I thought I could go to home depot and have a length cut off the spool. I am such a newb :) Im gonna look into it thanks G keep killin it!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
lol I thought I could go to home depot and have a length cut off the spool. I am such a newb :) Im gonna look into it thanks G keep killin it!

well you could goto home depot and buy a box of 3/8 chain and have them cut it to 5 foot sestions the problem with that is the whole box of 30 foot of chain only weighs like 35 pounds..... The sets of 5/8 weigh 40 pounds for the 2 chains and the smaller attaching chain set weighs 10 pounds giving you 50 pounds in 1 set.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Update

Monday night
jiu jitsu 2 1/2 hours
almost tweaked back agin.....

Tuesday
Deadlift
45x5
135x5
225x3
315x2
405x1
455x1

Stopped after 455 with my back not being 100% I did not have enough power to do more. 455 had my legs shaking but I was finishing the lift. Rhomboid is unhappy but the rest of my back is doing ok.

Wednsday
Cardio
5k walk outside

Was nice to get outside and feel the sun!

Thursday
Standing Shoulder Press
45x10
95x5
115x3
135x1
155x1
175x1
195x1
215x1 no belt, no wraps PR

Front raise
25x12
25x12
25x12

Side Raise
25x12
25x12
25x12

Rear BO Fly
35x12
35x12
35x12

Shrugs
225x12
315x10
315x10

The 215 Pr is for no belt and no wraps. I do not think wrist wraps help me at all but I believe the belt does. My belted PR is 225 only 10 pounds more and I feel that pushing out against the belt adds power and stablity for sure. So if I can build up my no belt or no gear I feel that I will be stronger than just doing it in belt all the time.

Reaction score
G did you juts back on TRT dose again bro?? def any PR is a step up on our goals to be stronger and sexy;)

New Threads