Vid’s 2018 Log

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Wow Vid, thats is some impressive work, gives me hope in my journey as well. Thanks for putting this up, was a great inspiration.

Thanks. I’m still going but this part is the slow part. The conclusion I’ve come yo is losing wright is 20x easier then building correctly.

I’m currently at 17% (hand/feet/PP contact scanner) and spending the next two months building up a solid foundation before cutting again. Trying to be patient and do this right.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Still small - Still working ...

The current plan is to keep trying to add some size back until the end of July then start back up on tightening things up more. I definitely look like a different person then I did at the start of the year. Thanks UG.

7-7-2018-anon.jpg

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Excellent job!!! Before pic would help know the difference but all is good!!:)

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Still small - Still working ...

The current plan is to keep trying to add some size back until the end of July then start back up on tightening things up more. I definitely look like a different person then I did at the start of the year. Thanks UG.

View attachment 5964

Brother, that is awesome!

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Oh yea...great job..is weight still 172 area? How’s the middle/ab area compared to the weight lose pic in April?

I’m back up over 180 now. I’m five weeks into TRT, eating more then before. I’ve definitely added muscle to my thighs and lats but it’s taking a lot of practice to gauge muscle/fat addition.

Holding fat on my stomach, mid-back, under the front of my armpits and oddly enough the front of my biceps by my elbows. It’s funny how overly aware of this I am now!

I’m really excited to get rid of the last of it but I think it’s been the right call to be patient and lift heavier for a bit first. August I’ll start cutting hard again.

I’ve said it a few times now but losing weight is the easy part! Trying to build a physique takes so much longer and so much less room for error. You guys are all beasts lol.

automatondan

Elite
Reaction score
Ok dude. You need to start hitting deadlifts and squats hard from here on out. You are looking great, nice and lean. But I agree with Jin. I think you could add a lot of muscle fairly easily and it will look great on your frame. But you need those big compounds. Id focus on deads and squats for the next few years like we talked about. And presses. Rows. Pulldowns. Hit it. Hit it hard. Im xcited for you. And then increase the cals some.

Reactions: Jin

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I’m back up over 180 now. I’m five weeks into TRT, eating more then before. I’ve definitely added muscle to my thighs and lats but it’s taking a lot of practice to gauge muscle/fat addition.

Holding fat on my stomach, mid-back, under the front of my armpits and oddly enough the front of my biceps by my elbows. It’s funny how overly aware of this I am now!

I’m really excited to get rid of the last of it but I think it’s been the right call to be patient and lift heavier for a bit first. August I’ll start cutting hard again.

I’ve said it a few times now but losing weight is the easy part! Trying to build a physique takes so much longer and so much less room for error. You guys are all beasts lol.

Well, test makes us hold some water first of all and I hate that but whatevs lol

You are doing things properly and realize it’s a lifestyle so you know if you want it for life..gotta stay on top of it!

The areas you are holding the fat are the normal areas for most folks so you know it takes more work to get that stuff in order.. I posted two ab area pics and to see the difference is crazy but how changing shit up a tad makes the difference

You are kicking ass so just keep it up!:)

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Ok dude. You need to start hitting deadlifts and squats hard from here on out. You are looking great, nice and lean. But I agree with Jin. I think you could add a lot of muscle fairly easily and it will look great on your frame. But you need those big compounds. Id focus on deads and squats for the next few years like we talked about. And presses. Rows. Pulldowns. Hit it. Hit it hard. Im xcited for you. And then increase the cals some.

Thanks for the positive encouragement! (As usual)

I’m actually squatting 3x a week now. Just one of those movements that feels good to me and I’m progress week over week.

In order I tend to love to hit legs then back. By far my biggest weakness is my chest. I have to force myself to flat bench. I’ll DB press more often but I still avoid chest way to much. I’ve recognized it and I’m working to force myself to be more dedicated to it.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Keep at it Vid!! You got this

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive encouragement! (As usual)

I’m actually squatting 3x a week now. Just one of those movements that feels good to me and I’m progress week over week.

In order I tend to love to hit legs then back. By far my biggest weakness is my chest. I have to force myself to flat bench. I’ll DB press more often but I still avoid chest way to much. I’ve recognized it and I’m working to force myself to be more dedicated to it.

I wouldn't squat more than 2x/wk.

dial back the frequency of your training and up the weight. Up the calories and focus on gaining lean mass. Yes, your thin now. But you need muscle to ramp up your metabolism.

You have excellent work ethic and you can stick to a plan. Retool your workouts, get some more rest in and up the calories.

Great work.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Slow and steady progress but I figured it was time to make another update.

I recently had my first DEXA scan and it showed that I'm now crossing the 15% BF line for the first time. I'm slowly learning that my body behaves entirely different below 16%.

I was going to wait until I made enough progress to publicly say thanks to the people who've helped me... but what the hell! Hopefully, I do them justice in the long run but if not - it's their fault - not mine ;)

Spongy and Zilla got me going on this ride and lately, Andy's advice has been the key to understanding things below 15%. Thanks again for the help!

30 days left of trying to lean out as much as possible then it's finally time to add some size.

vid2.jpg

vid1.jpg

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Excellent job!!!!! Keep kicking ass in what your next goal is!!!!:D

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Only just come across this thread and your progress is truelly remarkable. Keep up that hard work brother it’s all coming together

Robdjents

Ski bum
Reaction score
Dude!!! Great job I can tell a HUGE difference from when you first came here!

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, get your arse back to the grind. You're not getting off easy.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
Still at it. Up about 15lbs after the water weight came off. Sitting around 185-190. Not sure on BF, probably ended up around 14% but I’m planning on getting a DEXA scan next week. I’ll post final weight & BF along with photos.

Mentally I feel like I’m in limbo. Slowly adding muscle but body dismorphia is setting in faster then I can keep up. My standards for leanness are also climbing to fast. Next step will most likely be to drop down to single digit BF then build again.

As many have said, building true muscle mass is FAR harder and slower then weight loss.

Not big enough, not lean enough :)

New Threads