Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Again before u get overly excited, here is how the numbers break down

$100M for 10 years which equals $10M a year

Agent gets 10%
Effective Tax Rate for living in California 52%
Take home pay yearly is $4,320,000

Doesnt look that great of a deal after taxes are taken out.....

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if he gets the pre show advertising dollars still.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score

Agent gets 10%

damn bro why you always gotta be such a buzzkill? :32 (18):

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score

Agent gets 10%

Sir this will be a 2-4 year deal max, and it will be north of $100 mil I am guessing 150-200 range he keeps his youtube JRE CLIPS that make 5-8 mil a year and will only grow from the show not being on youtube anymore.

Rogan is smart as shit and trust me he is getting paid.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
I wonder if he gets the pre show advertising dollars still.

Pretty sure they will make the advertising money but he will be getting paid a hefty amount a year and it will allow him to only concentrate on content. He for sure will be getting 30-50 mil a year right now I think he makes 30mil off the podcast a year so I am sure he would only take more to sign a multi year deal.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score

Agent gets 10%

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Joe Rogans AGENT is smart as shit. You are again falsely assuming things. He will stay in California, he isnt going to move to some another state just to save a few bucks. He loves Cali and most of his guests are in Cali, moving makes zero sense....

Sir this will be a 2-4 year deal max, and it will be north of $100 mil I am guessing 150-200 range he keeps his youtube JRE CLIPS that make 5-8 mil a year and will only grow from the show not being on youtube anymore.

Rogan is smart as shit and trust me he is getting paid.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Joe Rogans AGENT is smart as shit. You are again falsely assuming things. He will stay in California, he isnt going to move to some another state just to save a few bucks. He loves Cali and most of his guests are in Cali, moving makes zero sense....

I really do not think you listen to his podcast and at this point just stating your opinions on what you would do.

I have been listening to him for a long time religiously and the man is not just about the money.

You also just assuming his corporation is based in California I am also a 1099 corp and let me tell you when these guys say they are paying 50% plus in taxes they have to say that there is so many ways around it to save a lot of money on taxes.

Rogan flies out most of his guests any ways and puts them up and people wanna be on the podcast so if they fly to LA or Austin or Denver will not matter he will have guests also all comics travel so every time they are in tow they will go on his podcast.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have multiple S-Corps and C-Corps, you really need to stop pretending u know something about corporations, there is no such thing as a 1099 corp.

In high tax areas people really do pay 50% plus in taxes. You really have no idea what u r talking about.

Doesnt matter where his corps are located, he gets taxed where he lives per the IRS residency guidelines. Corporate taxes are different than personal taxes. Next you going to say he doesnt pay taxes because he has a podcast???? SMH

Please refrain from making yourself look even sillier with a response.....

I really do not think you listen to his podcast and at this point just stating your opinions on what you would do.

I have been listening to him for a long time religiously and the man is not just about the money.

You also just assuming his corporation is based in California I am also a 1099 corp and let me tell you when these guys say they are paying 50% plus in taxes they have to say that there is so many ways around it to save a lot of money on taxes.

Rogan flies out most of his guests any ways and puts them up and people wanna be on the podcast so if they fly to LA or Austin or Denver will not matter he will have guests also all comics travel so every time they are in tow they will go on his podcast.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Correct I have a S corp as well and get paid 1099 not W-2 and for some reason every time I give my tax guy to my co-workers they thank me for saving them a shit load of money and I meant to say I get paid 1099 on a corp. Sorry to tell you but a lot of stuff you say does not make any sense starting from you 10 year deal reply. If you know what you are talking about if you did you would understand how a S corp works and what you write off and what you pay your self and how to do it. I do not need you to tell me how it works when I have been doing it for 15 years.

If you have a S Corp and you are paying a lot of money in taxes then either your accountant sucks or you don't have an S corp.

No reason to get butt hurt man I just think your in a bad mood you seem to be raining on parades all day on here maybe take a break go get high relax and come back a little nicer.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Agent gets 10%

What is that math or some sort of sorcery?

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Not in a bad mood, just correcting someone who really is clueless on how corporations work. You called 1099 a corp not I. If anyone should be butt hurt it should be you based on the misinformation.

A Corporate officer of an S-Corp is defined as an employee of the corporation and are subject to a W2, not a 1099. The fact that an officer is also a shareholder does not change the requirement that payments to the corporate officer be treated as wages.

You sir have no clue about taxes or even the IRS rules on W2 versus 1099. If you were ever audited you would probably shit your pants at the penalties you would owe for incorrectly classifying yourself all these years as a 1099.

Correct I have a S corp as well and get paid 1099 not W-2 and for some reason every time I give my tax guy to my co-workers they thank me for saving them a shit load of money and I meant to say I get paid 1099 on a corp. Sorry to tell you but a lot of stuff you say does not make any sense starting from you 10 year deal reply. If you know what you are talking about if you did you would understand how a S corp works and what you write off and what you pay your self and how to do it. I do not need you to tell me how it works when I have been doing it for 15 years.

If you have a S Corp and you are paying a lot of money in taxes then either your accountant sucks or you don't have an S corp.

No reason to get butt hurt man I just think your in a bad mood you seem to be raining on parades all day on here maybe take a break go get high relax and come back a little nicer.

Bobbyloads

Elite
Reaction score
Not in a bad mood, just correcting someone who really is clueless on how corporations work. You called 1099 a corp not I. If anyone should be butt hurt it should be you based on the misinformation.

A Corporate officer of an S-Corp is defined as an employee of the corporation and are subject to a W2, not a 1099. The fact that an officer is also a shareholder does not change the requirement that payments to the corporate officer be treated as wages.

You sir have no clue about taxes or even the IRS rules on W2 versus 1099. If you were ever audited you would probably shit your pants at the penalties you would owe for incorrectly classifying yourself all these years as a 1099.

Dude stop seriously you take payments under 1099 as a contractor with a corporation and you pay yourself under w-2 for your personal taxes wtf you talking about?

You really cant believe these things you tell yourself smh.

You have been babbling nonsense this whole post. I messed up one sentence I corrected and you keep going back to it.

I am sure my well educated Russia/Jewish accountant that is filthy rich and has waiting lists for months just to get an appointment with him is completely wrong and you are correct get out of here with that shit.

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
Dude stop seriously you take payments under 1099 as a contractor with a corporation and you pay yourself under w-2 for your personal taxes wtf you talking about?

You really cant believe these things you tell yourself smh.

You have been babbling nonsense this whole post. I messed up one sentence I corrected and you keep going back to it.

I am sure my well educated Russia/Jewish accountant that is filthy rich and has waiting lists for months just to get an appointment with him is completely wrong and you are correct get out of here with that shit.

Daaaaaaaamn Gina!

New Threads