Who do you watch for new ideas on exercises?

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I am currently looking at different workout and bodybuilding people at their videos to see what variations they have on different exercises. I take notes on each person and each body part and write down their ideas to help tweak and maximize the effects of each exercise. Who are some of your favorite people to look up to get ideas from? Thank you in advance.

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t really do it that way but if it’s what you enjoy then checkout John Meadows (mountaindog1)

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
I was looking for people that I may haven't heard of yet. I've watched Julian Smith, Jeff from Athlean X, and some of CT Fletcher. Does anyone have anyone else that they can add to the list? I'm just trying to get the most I can while I'm on cycle.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
I don’t really have an answer as to who to watch. But the old tried and true stuff never fails and that’s the stuff I stick with

Viduus

Elite
Reaction score
I was looking for people that I may haven't heard of yet. I've watched Julian Smith, Jeff from Athlean X, and some of CT Fletcher. Does anyone have anyone else that they can add to the list? I'm just trying to get the most I can while I'm on cycle.

Did you checkout meadows? I’d take his opinion over Athleanx and fletcher. (Didn’t recognize your first)

”Merlin” from Jay Cutler’s channel has some decent stuff too.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
There are other exercises? Shit I thought all there was for exercises was bench squat dead and banging hoes.

But for real Louis Simmons, Donnie Thompson, Dave Tate, John Meadows, Christian Thibideau for a start

Chillinlow

Reaction score
Go to a gym find the biggest baddest Matha facka there watch his hip movements and bending and stretching that’s what FD told me to do at least....

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
If youre feeling stagnant: Big multiple drop sets! I get a semi just thinking about loading a bench bar with all those 25's.

Jin

Retired UG Staff
Reaction score
These guys are the best. One of the most instructive and entertaining fitness videos on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfAkOBMf5A

don't act cool and pretend you don’t love the music either.

Last edited:

PFM

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have not seen anything 'new' for decades, just new catchy names for the same old good stuff.

Have I seen a bunch of super stupid, trendy, modern vibe and feelings type 'exercises' performed on Smith Machines from coast to coast?

Unfortunately I have.

MadeInDixie

Reaction score
PFM, I know that the wheel isn't being reinvented, just certain people put tweaks on different exercises to get a little more out of them, to make them less prone to injury or to just get better results. I'm just wanting to put together a routine that is almost specific for me. My height, weight, age and being on cycle. Some people gave me good names and I appreciate it very much guys.

Reaction score
One of the most overlooked ways to reach hypertrophy I think. Particularly if you go all out and drop the weight at least 3-4 times. They work with every single exercise too.
Im currently running 5/3/1 but normally I incorporate drop sets into my flat bench. Tuesday I did drops on close grip and tonight I may do some on overhead press.

A lot of times on flat bench I’ll work up to like only being able to do 2-3 reps, then start dropping the weight by 10 and immediately pressing it again til failure. Then pull 10 over and over all the way back to 135

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
When I get stagnant Ill usually switch to Yates style training for a few months. One balls out work set per exercise and it's all drop sets, forced reps, or rest-pause. Always start making gains again and never lose any strength.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
I challenge anyone to do consecutive drop sets. We'll is hack squats as an example. Warm up with a plate on each side. Throw 2 plates on each side. Now the fun starts. Next set is 2 1/2 plates per side (half plate is 25). Drop set to 2 plates. Easy? Ok next set is 3, 2 1/2, 2 plates. Next set is 3 1/2, 3, 2 1/2 ,2. And so in till you're crippled. Go on. I dare ya.

New Threads