Editing posts?

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For the last few weeks my ability to edit posts has been gone. I've heard several others say the same thing. Maybe some permission got set back to default when we changed servers?

G

Georgia

Haven't been able to edit mine either. Enable again please.

Popeye

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's for spamming reasons

G

Georgia

Every forum known to man has the ability to edit your post. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *throws beer at Ron Artest's face*

LeanHerm

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yes it was done for spammers. They tend to write something then come back and edit it.

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain that admin and PoB were discussing giving people the ability to edit there posts for a specific time frame, such as 2 hours, after the post was made. I'm not sure if anything came of that. However, if you guys want something edited please PM me or one of the other mods and we will do our best to edit it. It was not done for any reason other than to prevent spammers from coming back after the fact and editing a post to spam.

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation, you gotta do what you gotta do. Kind of a bummer though, you know half the time I write something and hit post I immediately see something I'd like to change. I guess I'll try to be more careful to say things right the first time.

G

Georgia

Can't mods just delete the posts and ban the spammers!?

30675884.jpg

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Can't mods just delete the posts and ban the spammers!?

Only if people report it. We don't go through every thread, every day to look for spam. We go through new threads and new posts by new members. If a spammer edits a post they made last month, it does not bump the thread to the top. it just sits there and no one will be the wiser.

Christosterone

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
POB told me that spammers post and come back and edit. I see sometimes that I can edit, sometimes I can't.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Would be possible to set minimum post limit and / or minimum time as a member. Most spammers shoot thier wads fairly quickly. Just a thought.

Four1Thr33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya I also asked and got the same explanation ^^^^^^^

New Threads