Cant seem to gain mass

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I have been doing cycles for the past 3 years and I cant seem to gain the mass I am looking for. My current cycle I am running 1000 test 500 deca per week and 60 dball per day. Just wondering what suggestions there was maybe Im not doing something right. Im just getting so frustrated and feel Im wasting my money.

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Your cycle is irrelevant if your training, diet, and recovery are off point.

What are you doing for those?

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
AAS alone is not the key to success. How is your diet and training. Lay out the details and we can try to help.

Reaction score
Trainning - Mon I work my back and bicept.... Wed shoulders and legs... Friday I work chest and tricepts.... I was trainning 5 days a week then I was told that was too much not enough time for my muscles to repair... I forgot to mention I also do my pre workout and post workout and drink my protein drinks... As for eating I eat 3 big meals a day and snacks in between like protein balls mixed nuts salads ect... Over the last 3 years I have noticed alot of change I just feel like I have plataued and cant seem to get any bigger.. I research I try different stacks I have also tried hgh... I think my problem is I just have not found the right regiment that will work for me. Thats why I decided to join this forum. Any advice would be awesome...

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Trainning - Mon I work my back and bicept.... Wed shoulders and legs... Friday I work chest and tricepts.... I was trainning 5 days a week then I was told that was too much not enough time for my muscles to repair... I forgot to mention I also do my pre workout and post workout and drink my protein drinks... As for eating I eat 3 big meals a day and snacks in between like protein balls mixed nuts salads ect... Over the last 3 years I have noticed alot of change I just feel like I have plataued and cant seem to get any bigger.. I research I try different stacks I have also tried hgh... I think my problem is I just have not found the right regiment that will work for me. Thats why I decided to join this forum. Any advice would be awesome...

For now, don't worry about the drugs. If you aren't growing from a gram of test, a half gram of deca and 60mg of d-bol your drug regiment isn't the issue.

Questions for you:
- What are you current stats (age, weight, bf%)?
- How many calories a day are you eating?
- How intensely do you work out? Do you go to failure, beyond failure, short of failure, etc.
-How long have you been at this plateau and what non-drug related changes have you already tried to break though it
-Have you validated that your gear is good through blood work?

Also lay out your workout routine for us in terms of exercises you do, # of working sets, and rep ranges.

Last edited:

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
For now, don't worry about the drugs. If you aren't growing from a gram of test, a half gram of deca and 60mg of d-bol your drug regiment isn't the issue.

Questions for you:
- What are you current stats (age, weight, bf%)?
- How many calories a day are you eating?
- How intensely do you work out? Do you go to failure, beyond failure, short of failure, etc.
-How long have you been at this plateau and what non-drug related changes have you already tried to break though it
-Have you validated that your gear is good through blood work?

Also lay out your workout routine for us in terms of exercises you do, # of working sets, and rep ranges.

This right here. If I had to guess from the information you've given so far A) and most important you're probably not eating enough. B) your training intensity and frequency aren't enough.

Like dk sais, if you're not growing from a gram of test plus other stuff, you'd be best served not using AAS till you sort out your diet and training. You'd probably surprise yourself, if those were in order, by how much you gain without AAS .

Last edited:

eddiek

Reaction score
I second what Bricks is saying. Taking AAS should allow for more intense training and frequency. 3 days per week is not enough even when you are not on AAS. I do a 4 day on 1 day off routine. Day 1 - chest, Day 2 - bis and tris, Day 3 - back and shoulders, Day 4 - legs, Day 5 -off, and repeat.

Eat plenty of calories and sprinkle in 20-30 min cardio 3 days per week and with that gear you should gain pretty easily.

This right here. If I had to guess from the information you've given so far A) and most important you're probably not eating enough. B) your training intensity and frequency aren't enough.

Like dk sais, if you're not growing from a gram of test plus other stuff, you'd be best served till you set out your diet and training. You'd probably surprise yourself, if those were in order, by how much you gain without AAS .

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
3 workouts a week ain't gonna cut it as well as 3 meals a day isn't. Try 5 days/5 meals and you will grow dude.

Gadawg

The Tick
Reaction score
Yep. These guys already straightened you out. Kill yourself in the gym and eat.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Stop "eating clean" a salad isn't a snack unless it's made from meat. Toss the protein powders and ditch this pre and post workout nonsense. All of your meals, your entire intake is what matters.

Get a rough idea of how many calories you have been eating. Add another 1000 calories to it.

Also check yourself for gyno cause if you weren't taking something to keep that estrogen in check a gram of test will light your tits up like a Christmas tree

El Gringo

Reaction score
I have to disagree that it's probably your diet and not the AAS you're taking. Unless if you are already pretty advanced [like 6'0/230 @ 7bf] the AAS you are taking should be carving you up and you should be making strength gains even if you're under eating. there's a lot of underdosed and fake shit out there. probably 90% of the steroids being dealt are crap. doing more workouts won't help unless if you are training like a pussy in the gym. Dorian Yates only trained 3 times a week and look at all the gear he was taking. hell frank zane at times would take 2 weeks before he hit a muscle group again. over eating will get you fat. if you aren't getting stronger on the AAS you are taking, even if you are in a little bit of a caloric deficit, then your gear is bunk. I'd get off of what you're on, and recomp until you find something better.

I was cycling and cruising for 2 years and wasn't making much progress. I went from lifting 5x to 3x a week and have been on Pharma grade test from a doctor @ only 100mg/week for the past 3 months. I look better than when I was cruising on 175mg UGL of test or when I was blasting amounts like you're doing.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Yates may have trained 3 days a week but how long and intense is a big key. Not to mention I’m sure his genetics were a lot more in tune for the size he was as well.

you can do 3 a week but they need to be high intensity days. You’re going to probably be better off doing a 4 or 5 day split. It you look in the training section ripped zilla has done good info on diff training routines.

And like everyone else else has said already diet is a huge part of it.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
If you're using AAS why wouldn't you train everything twice a week if you could. And please, don't tell me can't because of your training intensity. If your training was there you would make gains regardless of whether your gear was good or shit ( if you're eating enough that is) I made gains I could still notice, however small, after 30 years of lifting, approaching 50 years old, with a test level of 290. So that blows away the bunk gear theory as well. And even with severely underdosed test, bro you're putting a gram a week in your body, you're going to get something out of it. Post up your actual training and actual diet. Let's take a look at that.

HDH

Elite
Reaction score
Man, hit a labcorp or quest diagnostic and take your bloods to check your test levels. Results in 3 days and it will tell you if your test is bunk or not. Let me know if you decide, we can point you to a website where you can order the test yourself and don't have to pay for anything but the test, meaning no doc visits.

Personally, I would be looking at my diet to begin with. If you can't gain and hit a plateau, you need to eat more, period. If you are gaining, you will need to eat in calorie surplus or you just won't gain. If the aas was bunk and you were eating in surplus, you would at least be putting on fat.

If you are really serious and want to take it to the next level, count all your cals for a few days and see where you stand. You will start to have to plan meals ahead of time and know what you are going to eat that day. Winging it will get you nowhere.

Reaction score
I'll throw my .02 in. I'm a single dad with two jobs so lifting 3 - 4 days a week is unfortunately the usual for me. I have no trouble making gains at fractions of the dosage you're at. These dudes are right. Assuming you're actually doing work while in the gym it's probably almost all diet.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I second what Bricks is saying. Taking AAS should allow for more intense training and frequency. 3 days per week is not enough even when you are not on AAS. I do a 4 day on 1 day off routine. Day 1 - chest, Day 2 - bis and tris, Day 3 - back and shoulders, Day 4 - legs, Day 5 -off, and repeat.

Eat plenty of calories and sprinkle in 20-30 min cardio 3 days per week and with that gear you should gain pretty easily.

I train 3 days a week right now and am growing and looking just fine. It's not his frequency in the gym it's his shitty diet.

deejeff442

Elite
Reaction score
We see this so much... Aas is magic right? Dont need food to,grow aas does it all.

New Threads