i hate when that happens

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i hate boiling eggs and when i try to peel them the damn shell is stuck to the egg!!! 8-li wasted 4 eggs like that yesterday! pissed me off.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow jada, certified nut

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
take them out of the boiling water and throw in a big bowl of ice water with a teaspoon of baking soda... You should get one of those egg punch things too. Its got a little pin that punctures the shell before you boil them.

FreeBirdSam

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
All I've ever done is the ice water and it works fair. Going to try the baking soda this weekend! thanks pob

fognozzle

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Add a little vinegar to the water next time...old southern trick

IWannaGetBig

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i hate boiling eggs and when i try to peel them the damn shell is stuck to the egg!!! 8-li wasted 4 eggs like that yesterday! pissed me off.

This used to happen to me. Then I discovered that after boiling them I would drain off the water and put them in the refrigerator for the night. Next day, crack em under running water. Shell comes right off.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This used to happen to me. Then I discovered that after boiling them I would drain off the water and put them in the refrigerator for the night. Next day, crack em under running water. Shell comes right off.

u ate them cold? or u would reheat in microwave

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I eat them cold. I found if you put them in the water on the stove and when the water starts to boil good, take them off the burner and just leave them covered for 15 min, they cook slower and the yolk stays nice and yellow and the egg tastes better.
I also use the cold water trick and put them in the fridge overnight.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Liquid eggs / egg whites, FTW :)

(but I admit I'm going to try the "boiling water to cold water" trick ;) )

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you use eggs that are several days old they peel easier, fresh eggs always stick. I was getting tired of eating them plain so I made a batch of Jalapeno pickled eggs this time. They should be ready to try today.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you use eggs that are several days old they peel easier, fresh eggs always stick. I was getting tired of eating them plain so I made a batch of Jalapeno pickled eggs this time. They should be ready to try today.

Post that recipe bro... Now.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

That sounds good.
I use an olive oil sprayer and give them alitte more healthy fat. It also make the pepper stick better.

Capt'n Ron

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ingredients
12 to 18 hard boiled eggs, peeled and washed
2 cups warm water
2 cups cider vinegar
½ cup sugar
3 Jalapeno peppers cut in half and seeded
4 cloves garlic crushed
1 med onion sliced
The juice from one can of beets
Optional
6 cloves
4 bay leaves
4 star Anise
1 tbs whole mustard seeds

In a large nonreactive vessel dissolve the sugar in the warm water and add the vinegar and beet juice. Add the remaining ingredients and the eggs. Cover and refrigerate for three days. Enjoy!

0nqK7GJ.jpg

New Threads