bodybuilding shows question

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
I went to a said to b a natural bb show over the wkend and the dudes tht won clearly wasnt natural.. so question is how are these guys getting in these shows esp when says they test...

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
They stop juicing in time for the compound to clear prior to testing. They also have pretty high natty test levels that are considered 'Natural'.

Pro athletes for years have run TNE. Anavar is a staple of Major League Baseball Players.

What you should have done was be back there when they had the piss test so you could see how slack the testing is....a piss bladder with clean piss in it will get you through.

And I will tell you this too.... with the right diet and supplements and training you would be amazed at how far natural will take you. Ever heard of a guy named Herschel Walker? All natty - body weight exercises....

Much Respect,
Vette

Omegareign

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That Man used to do 1000 pushups and situps before we were even awake.

pirovoliko

Reaction score
yep..unfortunately way too many people relying on the miracle drugs called steroids instead of the basics

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
That Man used to do 1000 pushups and situps before we were even awake.

I coached him.... shhhhhhhhhh don't tell. He did NOT workout in the weight room. He did run a hill with a tire chained to him though and yes, 1500 push ups, 2000 sit ups and 1,000 pull ups was his norm.

He only eats once a day and IMHO never came close to getting enough protein. He's been a vegetarian off and on since 1980.

Aside from Willie Gault, I was say Herschel was the most natural gifted athlete I ever coached. Hines Ward wasn't far behind them....

Much Respect,
Vette

Bro Bundy

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I coached him.... shhhhhhhhhh don't tell. He did NOT workout in the weight room. He did run a hill with a tire chained to him though and yes, 1500 push ups, 2000 sit ups and 1,000 pull ups was his norm.

He only eats once a day and IMHO never came close to getting enough protein. He's been a vegetarian off and on since 1980.

Aside from Willie Gault, I was say Herschel was the most natural gifted athlete I ever coached. Hines Ward wasn't far behind them....

Much Respect,
Vette
Hes pretty good at fighting.I saw a few of his fight not bad

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Well the one dude was like a mini cutler... his back was one of the biggest ive ever seen.. so im pretty sure he was using.. I kno if ur genes r good and diet and train hard u can accomplish a lot ive seen it done.. but these guys were just massive... im not sure how the piss test goes wasnt back in back.. its just a local show so im sure theres a loop hole..

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hes pretty good at fighting.I saw a few of his fight not bad

There was a time when we seriously thought he was gay. Son-of-a-bitch could play some football. He was a man child who ran downhill.

Great athletes can translate their ability from one thing to another. As soon as he said he was going to fight MMA we all said- oh hell, watch this!

Much Respect,
Vette

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure they don't test for slin at natty shows. Even if you didn't run gear and ran slin only you can get massive. You could run TNE, tren base, and slin and stop the day before a natty show and be good.

Reaction score
There was a time when we seriously thought he was gay. Son-of-a-bitch could play some football. He was a man child who ran downhill.

Great athletes can translate their ability from one thing to another. As soon as he said he was going to fight MMA we all said- oh hell, watch this!
Much Respect,
Vette

The Sec storied about him on ESPN is awesome. He was an athelete who was beyond gifted. If im not mistaken he still runs a sub 4.4 40yrd dash which is unfuckingbelievable!

dk8594

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The natural show I did used a polygraph. I don't think it was even plugged in.

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Do they test for GH in any way? Like Cokf said, one could get massive with slin, loads of gh, bases and certain oils. Obviously these are second to perfect diet and training...

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Colt* not cokf lol. Damn phone

Cashout

Reaction score
Was that at Johnson Co? Mac Turner was the football coach there and Ellis Gorgas coached baseball. I was raised in that neck of the woods.

Much Respect,
Vette

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Max Milligan and Gary Phillips were also there when Herschel was. Those two called me to come see him in his sophomore season and I offered him for GSU. I was an assistant and brand damn new. No, I went down to mosquito country to recruit him from there and later coached him at Georgia after Erk Russell took over at GSU and we were supposed to restart the football program.... but later after a couple of stalls, he suggested i go north for some more experience ;-) Vince Dooley was kind enough to give me a slot and the rest as they say..... of course Hershel left and went to the New Jersey Generals ... but that wasn't my fault! I guess I should add I was able to go back down to GSU and enjoy cleaning blood and spit up for Erk while coaching offensive line.

I also coached for West Georgia (and the University of Delaware).

Much Respect,
Vette

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
Yea they say they test for gh.. also dk ive heard of the polygraph test also.. since ur in my same area what recommendations u got for wanting to do a show but worried about testing.. just b off prior or wht do u do..

Cashout

Reaction score
I don't know Max or Gary but I was really confused when you posted that. I lived 20 miles south of Augusta until 1981 when we moved to N.O. and my Dad took over as Head of Pediatrics and in all that time Ga Southern never had a football team. I know they started a team but I'd swear that they didn't have one when my Dad was on teaching faculty at Georgia College of Medicine.

Max Milligan and Gary Phillips were also there when Herschel was. Those two called me to come see him in his sophomore season and I offered him for GSU. I was an assistant and brand damn new. No, I went down to mosquito country to recruit him from there and later coached him at Georgia after Erk Russell took over at GSU and we were supposed to restart the football program.... but later after a couple of stalls, he suggested i go north for some more experience ;-) Vince Dooley was kind enough to give me a slot and the rest as they say..... of course Hershel left and went to the New Jersey Generals ... but that wasn't my fault! I guess I should add I was able to go back down to GSU and enjoy cleaning blood and spit up for Erk while coaching offensive line.

I also coached for West Georgia (and the University of Delaware).

Much Respect,
Vette

63Vette

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I knew Gary Phillips from school, he went to UGA and later started coaching at Wrightsville. Max Milligan was also on staff, he was the offensive coordinator I believe. They both were shopping Walker and called everyone they knew. We had 12 scholarships to help kick start a team (Actually they DID have a team but they did not play an NCAA sanctioned schedule after 1924 or so until Erk got the nod in 1982. In fact I may be wrong but wasn't UGA's first football game ever with GSU? They dropped the program for many many years and that's probably how you remember it. Erk Russell brought it back. I was a wing-T man and that's what he wanted to run.... I won't say where I played my college ball I think I have enough info out here but Erk was defensive coordinator at UGA and we struck up a friendship and I bounced back and fourth with him and Dooley for a bit.

I married Kevin Butler's wife's room mate. I had to double date with him a few times.... he was a major league asshole.

As far as my history with Augusta, I played Evans of Augusta for a state championship in baseball my fourth year of HS coaching....

Other than that I was in and around Atlanta until I coached for West Georgia in Carrolton.

Paul Johnson (GA Tech) was at GSU and I knew him too... he went to Navy where I sent him a QB. Now he is at Ga Tech and I have two starters there.

It's a fraternity ... and a small world. I wish I could remember the coaches name from Augusta.... he won about 5 state championships in baseball there.

Went to HS with Willie Gault, and Jeff Treadway. Coached against Hines Ward and introduced him to Zippy Morrocco who introduced him to Dooley.

Kirbie Smart was saefty at UGA (about the time Heinz Ward was there) and we hung out a good bit. He is now defensive coordinator at Alabama.

It sort of goes on and on....

Respect,
Vette

I found this but could not get it to load on my ipad.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/.../3/index.htm Oct 4, 1982 – "In Herschel's small graduating class there were four or five others who were 10 ... No wonder Gary Phillips, Walker's high school football coach, recalls with ... There were no weights at Johnson County High in Wrightsville until the ... Moreover, the coaching staff reasons, with some justification, that because ...

Apologies to the OP for hijacking your thread !!

Cashout

Reaction score
Huh! Over the years I've become friends with several guys from the UGA pipeline - Kirby and Will included.

When my Dad was at GCM, my Mom was a practicing GP. She was one of the only female GPs for about 100 miles in and around Augusta in the 1970's so just about every girl who needed a physical to play sports came to Mom. It was a running joke for the 10 years that she had her practice.

We left in 81' after my Dad vested and he went back into private practice on the administrative side of things. I hate that though because I never saw the man much after that.

I knew Gary Phillips from school, he went to UGA and later started coaching at Wrightsville. Max Milligan was also on staff, he was the offensive coordinator I believe. They both were shopping Walker and called everyone they knew. We had 12 scholarships to help kick start a team (Actually they DID have a team but they did not play an NCAA sanctioned schedule after 1924 or so until Erk got the nod in 1982. In fact I may be wrong but wasn't UGA's first football game ever with GSU? They dropped the program for many many years and that's probably how you remember it. Erk Russell brought it back. I was a wing-T man and that's what he wanted to run.... I won't say where I played my college ball I think I have enough info out here but Erk was defensive coordinator at UGA and we struck up a friendship and I bounced back and fourth with him and Dooley for a bit.

I married Kevin Butler's wife's room mate. I had to double date with him a few times.... he was a major league asshole.

As far as my history with Augusta, I played Evans of Augusta for a state championship in baseball my fourth year of HS coaching....

Other than that I was in and around Atlanta until I coached for West Georgia in Carrolton.

Paul Johnson (GA Tech) was at GSU and I knew him too... he went to Navy where I sent him a QB. Now he is at Ga Tech and I have two starters there.

It's a fraternity ... and a small world. I wish I could remember the coaches name from Augusta.... he won about 5 state championships in baseball there.

Went to HS with Willie Gault, and Jeff Treadway. Coached against Hines Ward and introduced him to Zippy Morrocco who introduced him to Dooley.

Kirbie Smart was saefty at UGA (about the time Heinz Ward was there) and we hung out a good bit. He is now defensive coordinator at Alabama.

It sort of goes on and on....

Respect,
Vette

Apologies to the OP for hijacking your thread !!

New Threads