Let’s talk alternatives to chicken

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
So basically since last April I’ve at chicken 3 to 4 times a day. I’m looking for alternative as it’s gotten relatively boring. I’ve tried thighs, breast, tenderloins, and just can’t do it that many times a day anymore. Maybe once but not 4 times a day. So I’m looking for alternatives, I mean I could eat green yogurt 500 times a day, but looking for something with relatively the same macros as chicken breast that I could substitute.

Sicwun88

Reaction score
Ground Turkey burger w onions, pepper, mushrooms over cauliflower rice!
Turkey burgers w mango salsa mixed in before making patties, keeps them from drying out! Ostrich kabobs!

TODAY

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Are you averse to seafood?

Tilapia, cod, shrimp, etc, etc.

Lots of different seafaring options.

Reactions: DF

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
White fish
fat free turkey
sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds (all high fat, high calories)

Fatty fish: canned salmon, tuna, herring, sardines, oysters

Blusoul24

Elite
Reaction score
Maybe my mentality is different. I'm not going to compete; I just like being strong and looking good. I eat, chicken breasts and thighs, really good pork loin chops, NY Strip, Salmon, Cod, Halibut, eggs, 85/15 ground beef, Sushi, Greek Yogurt, and yes, I use Whey.

I exercise to stay healthy, but I also love food and love to eat, and am not willing to sacrifice that either.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Maybe my mentality is different. I'm not going to compete; I just like being strong and looking good. I eat, chicken breasts and thighs, really good pork loin chops, NY Strip, Salmon, Cod, Halibut, eggs, 85/15 ground beef, Sushi, Greek Yogurt, and yes, I use Whey.

I exercise to stay healthy, but I also love food and love to eat, and am not willing to sacrifice that either.

I’m with you, I’ll never compete. But after being here since April last year and being on the see food diet basically I’ve gained quite a belly. I hired a trainer that I work with who competes and he’s got me on a cut eating basically 63g of fat a day. I could eat red meat all day, but that stuff is loaded with fat even the 93/7 it seems. I also love dairy and after looking at labels lots of the stuff I love is loaded with fats except chicken breast. As for what Jin said I might have to look into ground chicken.

ATLRigger

Elite
Reaction score
U think ur on the right track avoiding high fatty food, Jedi.

Trump

Unstoppable Force
Reaction score
Just eat any protein you like, just adjust your over all calories to suit. Eating a 800 calorie meal of chicken and rice is the same as an 800 calorie meal of steak and rice if your talking fat loss.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Ground camel is pretty lean. :32 (20):

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
I can’t tell if being serious or not with this profile picture lol

Serious... I ate some last week.

Closest to boneless, skinless chicken for taste, texture, and macros will be turkey breast and pork tenderloin. If you want different taste and texture, go with white fish.

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Serious... I ate some last week.

Closest to boneless, skinless chicken for taste, texture, and macros will be turkey breast and pork tenderloin. If you want different taste and texture, go with white fish.

Alright. I’ve actually had camel once while deployed to Qatar and can’t really remember what it tasted like as it was mixed in with some other local foods. But I’ll definitely see I can find some here.

German89

Elite
Reaction score
I do not eat chicken. Even if I am on a budget. I try so hard not to eat it. If I do. It lasts like a week.

I drink my egg whites
Eat my whole eggs soft boiled
Beef. Practically raw.
I used to eat greek yogurt but, it brings my grocery bill up
And that's all I eat. PB, Rice and, fuking lucky charms.

CJ

Mod Squad
Reaction score
Alright. I’ve actually had camel once while deployed to Qatar and can’t really remember what it tasted like as it was mixed in with some other local foods. But I’ll definitely see I can find some here.

The hump is fatty though.

metsfan4life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ground Turkey burger w onions, pepper, mushrooms over cauliflower rice!
Turkey burgers w mango salsa mixed in before making patties, keeps them from drying out! Ostrich kabobs!

I’ve been eating almost exclusively ground chicken. Pretty easy to eat IME.

basically what i do. ground turkey, ground chicken, chicken breasts. all sorts of veggies out there, cauliflower rice. you can do a lot of different things with simple ground meats and veggies. i honestly dont eat beef unless its the only thing there is when i go somewhere.

New Threads