My serious struggle with COVID

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing DF! and speedy recovery!

Cant believe there are people that still tink covid is fake shit, conspiracy .. .etc :(

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing DF! and speedy recovery!

Cant believe there are people that still tink covid is fake shit, conspiracy .. .etc :(

I would hope that there’s nobody that thinks this is fake. The fact of the matter is only between 1-5% of the people that get COVID will have to be hospitalized.... lucky me! Lol

That being said our hospitals are already over taxed even without COVID. A 4 hour wait in the ER is not unusual. Wish our government would/could improve our health care system. COVID will be considered nothing compared to the next more deadly virus.... it’s coming no doubt in my mind and we will be on our own when it happens.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I would hope that there’s nobody that thinks this is fake. The fact of the matter is only between 1-5% of the people that get COVID will have to be hospitalized.... lucky me! Lol

That being said our hospitals are already over taxed even without COVID. A 4 hour wait in the ER is not unusual. Wish our government would/could improve our health care system. COVID will be considered nothing compared to the next more deadly virus.... it’s coming no doubt in my mind and we will be on our own when it happens.
I'll be honest and say I was reading it almost waiting for the zinger/punchline of what seemed to be an increasingly terrible joke.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest and say I was reading it almost waiting for the zinger/punchline of what seemed to be an increasingly terrible joke.

No joke on my part. I honestly believe we will face something much worse than COVID.

DEADlifter

Elite
Reaction score
Damn DF! That sounds like it was a terrible ordeal. Also a very eye-opening read. Your story of having Covid really knock you around is the first account of anyone I "know" having it bad.

Where I live people are pretty hard headed about it. I received a lot of flack for getting vaccinated so early. After reading this I am glad I did.

Glad you made it brother.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Damn DF! That sounds like it was a terrible ordeal. Also a very eye-opening read. Your story of having Covid really knock you around is the first account of anyone I "know" having it bad.

Where I live people are pretty hard headed about it. I received a lot of flack for getting vaccinated so early. After reading this I am glad I did.

Glad you made it brother.

Yup, it kicked the holy crap out of me for sure. I’ll be forever wondering why it hit me so badly. If there’s anything that can prevent someone going through that. I’m all for it.

Beserker

Viking King
Reaction score
That’s crazy brother. Get well and raise hell!

Reactions: DF

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yup, it kicked the holy crap out of me for sure. I’ll be forever wondering why it hit me so badly. If there’s anything that can prevent someone going through that. I’m all for it.

Glad you made it through DF, that shit sounds terrible. Did you do any blood work that might explain what made you so vulnerable? Also it seems like your docs were more reactive than proactive. I would think they would have put you on high flow oxygen before having a serious talk with you.

I've also wondered through this if tren would leave someone more vulnerable due to the hit it takes on your cardiovascular system. Not sure if you were on tren or not, just something I've always wondered.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad you made it through DF, that shit sounds terrible. Did you do any blood work that might explain what made you so vulnerable? Also it seems like your docs were more reactive than proactive. I would think they would have put you on high flow oxygen before having a serious talk with you.

I've also wondered through this if tren would leave someone more vulnerable due to the hit it takes on your cardiovascular system. Not sure if you were on tren or not, just something I've always wondered.

I will say they were not very forth coming on the information as to what was actually going on. I'm learning more after the fact. I did not have any blood work prior to COVID. Had a shit load during though and have yet to see any of it.

I was on a blast for the first time in 2 years. I was doing a bulk with Test/Deca 750/600. It was going well up 8lbs at the end of week 8. No idea if that had anything to do with how badly I got hit with COVID.

RISE

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I will say they were not very forth coming on the information as to what was actually going on. I'm learning more after the fact. I did not have any blood work prior to COVID. Had a shit load during though and have yet to see any of it.

I was on a blast for the first time in 2 years. I was doing a bulk with Test/Deca 750/600. It was going well up 8lbs at the end of week 8. No idea if that had anything to do with how badly I got hit with COVID.

There was an article last year that pointed out that one of the many factors that many patients effected by covid had was low test. This is more than likely bc many of those seriously effected by covid are elderly, but I'm not sure about people using large doses of androgens.

It would be interesting to see what your vitamin D levels were like before being infected.

Reaction score
Bro glad you are on the mend. I had it in the beginning of Jan. Not as bad as you. I did Loose my taste and smell.. as of today I still have not gotten any of it back... i hope it doesn’t last much longer but I was talking with someone the other day and they lost there’s in April of last year and still have not gotten it back...

bigbadjedi93

Reaction score
Man just reading this. Glad you were able to overcome this. I had COVID during Christmas last year and while I experienced nothing like what you did, I must say this shit sucks. I only had loss of appetite: no loss of smell or taste just didn’t want to eat anything and felt very tired for about 4 days straight where all I wanted to do was sleep. Again, glad you made it through your bout.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd give an update:

The last round of blood work came back good. My kidney's and liver are back within range. My last chest x-ray shows improvement. In stead of severe diffuse pulmonary disease I now have moderate. Next chest x-ray in one month.

My breathing and cough has significantly improved. I started light workouts at home. Hope to get back to my gym after the holiday weekend. I feel like I'm 90% improved. I'll know more after my return to my regular workouts.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Good luck, DF. Hope ye keep getting back to good.

transcend2007

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd give an update:

The last round of blood work came back good. My kidney's and liver are back within range. My last chest x-ray shows improvement. In stead of severe diffuse pulmonary disease I now have moderate. Next chest x-ray in one month.

My breathing and cough has significantly improved. I started light workouts at home. Hope to get back to my gym after the holiday weekend. I feel like I'm 90% improved. I'll know more after my return to my regular workouts.

That's great news DF .. we need to you to get back to full strength asap so you can continue your jock strap snapping that you've done to those members who deserve it (including me) over the years ... !!!

JackC4

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Glad you’re on the comeback trail DF

Reaction score
I am going to post something i swore i would never speak of again in my life. I am a bodybuilder for almost 35 years and i as well caught COVID and almost passed away from it. Long story short i was a day away from the ventilator and the Dr pulled my wife aside and told her if you want your husband to have a chance at survival take him home because if he goes on the ventilator the chances of sepsis and infection will kill him. His theory was he had seen so many patients stuck in a bed their lungs collapsing because of no movement. He gave us oxygen to take home and his instructions were as hard as it was for me to walk even 2 steps every hour and my wife pushed me to do it and was relentless. Also mega doses of vitamin D. It was HORRIBLE and i do not remember much, but slowly i got stronger. There is another side to this story as to why my Dr did what he did and it was because i was on a cycle at the time and it also helped save my life. Because of high doses of Test & HGH my blood cells were very strong and he even prescribed and administered my exact cycle while in the hospital, it had helped tremendously in keeping me alive. I had come to find out while in the hospital they had give the President anabolic steroids at the time as well. Friends of mine have not been as lucky as us and did not make it. I remember counting days knowing i had to do all I could to just make it to day 10, 12, 14 because they said each goal your chances of survival go up, and thankfully because of a Dr who actually card and though out of the box, a loving wife who caught COVID taking care of me and a very strong cycle i survived to tell a story i never wanted to. This ordeal was the hardest and scariest thing i have ever gone through in my life and made me focus now on what's important in life the most, your family, wife, and taking each day for a blessing.

Mythos

Elite
Reaction score
I worked in an ER through the pandemic and most of the people I saw that were seriously ill from it were old and/or overweight, but I definitely did see a few outliers..otherwise healthy fairly in-shape adults. It can definitely happen to anyone. Glad you made it DF