Cold showers

JuiceTrain

Elite
Reaction score
If i had to go somewhere important and felt tired/sluggish I'd shower 1st than blast myself with cold water afterwards to wake up.....wasn't a routine

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I did cold baths right after my run when I was lifting some heavy shit and pounding the pavement for miles. I beat myself up pretty bad but I had a goal. I can say without a doubt, it helped me. I would dunk 3x/wk right after my run. It sucked cock and had I not felt and seen any results, there's no way I would have done it.

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I get a sense of accomplishment any time I push myself into doing something I hate at 4:30, but I also feel more energetic and focused those mornings.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have never taken a group cold shower

Itburnstopee

Elite
Reaction score
Every morning. Wakes me up, puts me in a confident and energetic mood, boosts my productivity

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Years ago after hard sparring, my coach made us hop in a garbage can filled with ice - for its 'recovery properties'

There was an endorphin rush for certain, no clue if it actually helped us to recover with anything but shrunken huevos...

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
I go as cold as I can at the end of my shower every time just to help me not sweat so bad when I get out. Lol

Reaction score
i have been doing it for a while now. I start hot and then move to as cold as possible. I researched it quite a bit and its said to boost test and help the muscles heal faster. I have definently noticed the healing faster for sure. You have to do it for at least 7 mins or its not gonna help as much. As far as the test boost.... my voice now sounds like Kevin Grevioux and i can grow a foot long beard in under a week.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
No thanks. I have done ice baths a couple of times for pain relief but that's what it's good for. This doesn't promote recovery imo.

Yaya

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Cold showers make me wanna drink more

Beezy

Elite
Reaction score
I go as cold as I can at the end of my shower every time just to help me not sweat so bad when I get out. Lol

That's why I started it. I lift before work and would sweat through my shirt for two hours after every gym day.
It didn't do the trick though. We should make a thread just for help with that sh*t

BigSwolePump

Elite
Reaction score
I still feel like there is some recovery benefits from this. Not so much the cold shower but ice baths. It seemed to help me when I did them years ago after strongman workouts/competitions.

As far as to the cold showers, I still do that. I take my normal hot shower then gradually turn the hot off and sit under the cold shower for about 5 min. I honestly could't say that it helps or not because I have done this for years. I did start doing it to help with recovery but now its kinda like Ecs said, I just dont want to sweat when I get out lol/

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
lol i do the same thing bsp just so I'm not sweating when I am trying to dry off, but 1 minute is good.

ECKSRATED

UG BENCH KING
Reaction score
That's why I started it. I lift before work and would sweat through my shirt for two hours after every gym day.
It didn't do the trick though. We should make a thread just for help with that sh*t

Same here. I train then shower then go to work. My shirt is usually soaked with sweat when I get in the car to drive to work. So annoying. My balls are only sweat free for like 30 seconds a day.

BRICKS

Veteran
Reaction score
Same here. I train then shower then go to work. My shirt is usually soaked with sweat when I get in the car to drive to work. So annoying. My balls are only sweat free for like 30 seconds a day.

30 seconds, you're lucky brother.

Flyingdragon

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Pic of the sweat free nuts :32 (19):

New Threads