Glutathione for liver/immune system protectio

Reaction score
Has anyone here had any good results from glutathione? I use it IM for liver/immune system protection. It's a potent anti-oxidant that has good potential for it anti aging properties. I'm curious to see other guys opinion on it.

snake

Veteran
Reaction score
I never heard of it so I Googled it. I have to say I'm impressed and surprised I never came across this. Thanks for the info.

You administer it yourself IM? Is this something you buy OTC?

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
  • There may be some absorption of glutathione intact from the intestines, but it cannot enter cells intact. It must be metabolized to form L-cystine (two molecules of L-cysteine bound together) before being taken up.
  • Provision of L-cysteine within the cell is all that is needed to increase glutathione synthesis, and N-Acetylcysteinedoes this efficiently at a lower financial cost than glutathione.
In effect, glutathione is an indirect and expensive way to provide dietary L-cysteine. Dietary protein itself, including L-cysteine rich sources such as Whey Protein, are effective but inefficient ways to increase L-cysteine intake in the diet and N-Acetylcysteine is both more efficient and cheaper than glutathione.

https://examine.com/supplements/glutathione/

Reaction score
I never heard of it so I Googled it. I have to say I'm impressed and surprised I never came across this. Thanks for the info.

You administer it yourself IM? Is this something you buy OTC?
I buy mine from a company that formulates injectable amino acids and b12. It has significantly brought my liver values down. It can also help rid your body of heavy metals too.

Reaction score
Thank you for the info Doc, I didn't know NAC directly increased intracellular glutathione

Battletoad

Reaction score
Thanks for digging into this, Doc. I've seen more and more glutathione being promoted by sketchy TRT clinics, and it's seemed more like a trendy "thing" rather than anything with above negligible benefits.

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
Milk thistle has helped me when my liver was out of balance due to thyroid issues. Brought my ALP back down in no time. It also lowers cholesterol.

andy

Elite
Reaction score
Milk thistle has helped me when my liver was out of balance due to thyroid issues. Brought my ALP back down in no time. It also lowers cholesterol.

worked for me as well. Glutathione is good for liver ,but mainly people take it for it's anti-aging and anti-oxidant purpose.
just as a note if someone looking for anti-oxidants might wanna check astaxantin - it's the new sh*t.

ripper

Reaction score
I've been using glut for about 10 years and have considered it one of my staple supps. I'll continue to use it indefinitely. Seems to help with liver values, cholesterol, huge benefits from it when I get physically run down, and works great to stave off negative effects of alcohol.

Slimandtrim

Lady Member
Reaction score
worked for me as well. Glutathione is good for liver ,but mainly people take it for it's anti-aging and anti-oxidant purpose.
just as a note if someone looking for anti-oxidants might wanna check astaxantin - it's the new sh*t.

Andy, thanks for the tip I have only seen this now ...
Would you know what to look out for when buying this? There are lots of different brands and I am not sure what to look for. Like they say [h=1]42 mg AstaPure Delivering 4 mg Astaxanthin[/h] for example, or it just says: [h=1]Astaxanthin 5% Oil 12mg[/h] I am not sure what that means. And do they turn your skin orangey?
Thank you

New Threads