Elivo Sheiko run log

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So ill be starting Sheiko tomorrow, (today?) I had a few conversations with POB about this and told him what my current goals were. After talking with him im going to go ahead and give this thing a try.

Ill be starting with #29 obviously, ive looked over it and its a shit ton of volume, but it just so happens i like high volume lifting. But i dont think ive ever tried anything this high before.

The maxes im going to start out with are
Bench 275 (this may be a low ball by 5-10 pounds but we will see)
Squat 360
Dead Lift 360

Found a handy little app that has the entire #29 program in it including what weight to use, lifts, sets, reps all divided up by days/weeks for the 4 week run.

Ill be continuing with the clean eating and keeping track of what im eating/calories during this. My main goal is still to drop the BF, and after my talks with POB, this program should help with that. Obviously it will still take hard work and a good diet.

I will be keeping up with my getting rid of the gut log as far as progress with that, i will be dedicating this one only to how the program goes and thoughts opinions on it. ( i got a lot of free times during the week)

Will not be running anything cycle wise at this time since i am not in the shape to get the best results from it, will continue my TRT that ive been taking for the past 6 weeks and thats about it. Maybe a pre workout and a protein shake tossed in here and there.

May have to get a little inventive with some of the lifts like the deficit dead, not sure the gym has something to stand on that would work, but ill figure it out. Everything else should not be a problem. On the 2 lifting off days during the week i am going to try to get in some light cardio work if for no other reason than to just get out of the house and not go stir crazy sitting around on my ass LOL.

I will post up after day one is done later and let everyone know how it goes!!

Gibsonator

Immovable Object
Reaction score
very surprised to see your deadlift at the same as your squat. Good luck on the program keep us updated brutha

Seeker

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
low balling your maxes might actual be a good idea for you. Sheiko is an incredible program. probably my favorite. All you need for your deficit is a 45 lb plate it will work just fine. you don't need anything higher. Same for your block pulls, just stack some 45's. Believe me when I tell you'll very much appreciate your rest days with Sheiko.

Last edited:

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
very surprised to see your deadlift at the same as your squat. Good luck on the program keep us updated brutha

Yeah im not exactly sure how that happened, probably cause i have way more time under the bar squatting than i do pulling. Dead lifts were never a part of my workout until just a few months ago so im sure that had i been doing them the whole time i would be pulling in the 400s by now, well maybe high 300s LOL. im thinking that after running this it will kind of sort itself out.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
low balling your maxes might actual be a good idea for you. Sheiko is an incredible program. probably my favorite. All you need for your deficit is a 45 lb plate it will work just fine. you don't need anything higher. Same for your block pulls, just stack some 45's. Believe me when I tell you'll very much appreciate your rest days with Sheiko.

Thanks for the tips Seek

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

He asked if he should be doing extra stuff on days off :32 (19):

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hell, now ill have both you AND Seeker busting my balls for a a stupid comment/question!!

Lol it's not stupid. It's just funny to anyone who has done this. You might think wow only 3 days of training but Jesus Christ are they awful days

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just looked up #29, looks like a fair amount of volume but not as much as I would have expected but I may not be reading it correctly.

In this example it shows that there will be 34 reps on this day, correct?:
Bench 50% 5 reps x 1 set, 60% 4 reps x2, 70% 3 reps x2, 75% 3 reps x5

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
I just looked up #29, looks like a fair amount of volume but not as much as I would have expected but I may not be reading it correctly.

In this example it shows that there will be 34 reps on this day, correct?:
Bench 50% 5 reps x 1 set, 60% 4 reps x2, 70% 3 reps x2, 75% 3 reps x5

Yes that is correct. #29 is basically the introduction block for you to kind of get adjusted to it. It increases and decreases throughout the different blocks

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Well did day one, not sure what to say other than it was much easier than i expected it to be. I know some programs start off on the easier side but i hit all the lifts without any issues. Benches felt light the whole way through.

What i lifted today:
Bench
135 1 set x5 reps
165 2 sets x 4 reps
190 2 sets x3 reps
205 5 sets x3 reps Felt fairly light the whole way through. Almost too easy

Squat
180 1 set x5 reps
215 2 sets x5 reps
250 5 sets x5 reps this started getting heavy with the last 2 sets but finished with good form and no real issues

Bench
135 1 set x5 reps
165 1 set x5 reps
190 4 sets x4 reps again easy all the way.

Dumbell flys 5 sets of 10 used 30s for this, could have used 40s but was being conservative, will have to go up next time though.

Good mornings 5 sets of 5.....never really did these before, so was more of a feel out session. used 70lbs for it. got them done, will use more weight next time now that im more comfortable with them.

All in all today didnt take very long at all and was not what i was expecting. So either 1. this program starts out easy...2. i did something wrong or 3. at least my bench max is set too low.

I look forward to any input.

HollyWoodCole

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Nice job man.

If I didn't have to play personal trainer to my step sons I would definitely give it a shot myself. We will see how long they stick it out at the gym.

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
So tomorrow looks like a lot of dead lifts, one of the accessory lifts is incline bench, anyone more familiar with the program know if it matters if its with the bar or can you go with DB, or does it not matter?

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Day #2

Today was a bit more intense than the first day, did some lifts i havent done before like the deads to knees and from boxes, as well as the lunges, havent done one of them in a long time.
All in all felt like a much better workout than day 1. Hit all the lifts but it was a challenge today for sure.

Deads to knees
180 1 set for 3 reps
215 2 for 3
250 2 for 3
275 3 for 3 (this called for 270 but was just easier to toss on 2 25lb plates rather than piss with the smaller ones)

Incline bench, went with the bar instead of DB
185 4 sets of 6 (had 205 on it to start but damn it felt heavy today so dropped it back some)

Dips
dips i do a lot, but due to shoulder issues i am hesitant to use a real bodyweight dip and have that much weight on my shoulders, so i used the machine and just set it to my body weight instead
5 sets of 5 at 225

Deads from boxes
200 1 set x 4 reps
235 1 x4
275 2 x 4 (again called for 270)
315 4 x4 ( this called for 305, but did the same as the other weight,just easier to toss another 45lb plate on than piss with the others, hit them all and felt good at the end, was a good challenge)

Lunges
5x5 used 50 pound DB in each hand, was a little wobbly since im not used to doing these.

Abs
3 sets of 10 reps

went with hanging leg raised for this.

Was pretty well drenched in sweat by the end of this, felt like i got a good workout. Felt good leaving. need food now!

Also want an opinion on next week, i have an extra day of work on Wed, by the time i get back the gym will be closed....i dont really want to skip a day of this though. So im going to take a look to see whats all involved come next week but my options are..

1. do two days back to back, either mon, tues, or thurs friday.
2. do mon, thurs, saturday....if i can manage to get up in time on saturday to get to the gym long enough to do it.
3. Skip the day....( really dont want to)
4....??????

Last edited:

Metalhead1

Elite
Reaction score
Option 2 for sure. Just get up and go! Definitely don't skip. Keep pushing E

Elivo

Elite
Reaction score
Option 2 for sure. Just get up and go! Definitely don't skip. Keep pushing E

Think i may have an extra option, my son is a member of a 24hr gym, we have the same name lol. I may just use it Wed night, after i think 9pm there is no staff there.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
So tomorrow looks like a lot of dead lifts, one of the accessory lifts is incline bench, anyone more familiar with the program know if it matters if its with the bar or can you go with DB, or does it not matter?

Bar would be preferred but if it's not available do the dumbbells.

New Threads