G's Log the pain that made the monster

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always come back stronger from a deload... Always worth it!

Agreed the week of the meet I did nothing but the meet really and it drove me crazy then I did not deload the week after the meet like I normaly do.... Wrong move. We live we learn and then we relearn too LOL

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is the video from this mornings 170 set.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Legs

Squats
135x5
225x5
315x3
335x5
315x5

Good Mornings
135x12
135x12
135x12

Leg Ext
100x20
100x20
100x20

My groin tendon was starting to hurt on the 315 and above sets, I would have kept going but I also felt the muscles around the tendon really tensing up to protect it and I figured they were telling me to take it easy. Squats are my favorite so not being able to do them heavy makes me sad face....

Reaction score
I`ve learn so much from you about how to listen to the body signs of pain, It is smart to listen to the body when is hurt something I wasn`t do before. You doing great Gfunky!!!!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I`ve learn so much from you about how to listen to the body signs of pain, It is smart to listen to the body when is hurt something I wasn`t do before. You doing great Gfunky!!!!

Thanks Pik! I have learned it is much better to listen to it than get injured I have been injury free now for 3 years I get hurt but I always allow myself to heal so it does not become an injury where I am out for months only a week most of the time! If you are smart you can train when hurt but you must listen when your body tells you to stop!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Here is the video from this mornings 170 set.

You don't feel that in your lower back? It's hard to keep from leaning backwards, sometimes I feel it if tighten up..

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You don't feel that in your lower back? It's hard to keep from leaning backwards, sometimes I feel it if tighten up..

I do a lot of core work so lower back really doesn't get much I am good at stabilizing with entire core.

G

Georgia

Maybe you should grab a chair and pop it 70-85 degrees and hit shoulders. That weigh you don't hurt your lower back? (And can't use momentum to get that shit up). So better work out all around

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should grab a chair and pop it 70-85 degrees and hit shoulders. That weigh you don't hurt your lower back? (And can't use momentum to get that shit up). So better work out all around

I only feel it when I tense up..my core is steel baby! :)

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score

Then you do not use your stabilizer muscles. If you are doing them for aesthetics that would be the best way. When doing them for strength you want to put the stress on the core to make it stronger.

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Back pumps from the VAR? ;)

:) More like when I lose focus! You know though, the mast is kicking in and do you remember me telling you when we were talking about the numbness in the arms etc...about having to watch how I stretch while on my last cycle...starting to get that already...wish I know what cause that.

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
New update pics.

DSC_0999.jpg

DSC_0998.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0987.jpg

DSC_0995-1.jpg

DSC_0980.jpg

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
uh oh sexy sexy now! Looking good brother!

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to say awesome log, you are a monster. No wonder you're a little banged up, with powerlifting, high volume workouts, hours of ju jitsu, HIT, swimming, cardio.... I'd be overtrained in about a week with all that man! Your body obviously has pretty good recovery ability.

Keep up the good work brotha!