Hiring a coach

Frenchie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am around 90-91kg for 1m86 and 11% bodyfat.
I Never took anything else than regular supplements, I made good gains (+23 kg) though.

So lately I have not been gaining a lot, I reached a plateau and the motivation is leaving at the same time ... I tend to drag myself to the gym instead of wanting to crush it as I used to. I took 10 days off that did not change much.

i believe that my sleep is also one of the source of the problem and I will try to figure that out separately.

I was on OVT for the last almost two months, I was advised to change my way of training with some Powerlifting.
I have read about the cube but I have trouble coz I see that there is a lot of things I don't know about powerlifting + I don't know if it fits my goals.

Finally, I got my first (kinda) real job (6 years of student budget ffs) and I am thinking I could hire an online coach to do my program, supplementation, etc. and spare myself all the research. :32 (1):

I was told Pillarofbalance does that (if I understood correctly, unless it's only advising on the forum, I don't know ...)
I have been googling and I saw coaches but crazy expensive (imo). So I have a few questions :

- Those of you who hired a coach, how much did you pay ?
- Would you recommend someone ?
- Any feedback, did you learn anything new ?

There are coaches in my gym but they know ten times less than me about bodybuilding and I feel like I don't know much already ^^"
Keep in mind that I cannot answer PMs yet.

Thank you for your advice

Last edited:

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
Only coach I've ever had was PillarofBalance. Great guy, easy to work with but expects a lot out of you, and proven record/results.

Frenchie

Reaction score
He sent me a PM but I can't answer yet ...
What do you mean by proven records ? ^^'
I don't compete if that's the topic

bvs

Elite
Reaction score
Pillarofbalance does training and Spongy does diets. Both very knowledgeable guys

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
He sent me a PM but I can't answer yet ...
What do you mean by proven records ? ^^'
I don't compete if that's the topic

Ask
Him to PM you his business email maybe or
Wait for a few more posts before you can PM.

Proven results means his clients compete and do great. Even if you don't compete it still tells you that he knows hisnshit.

Frenchie

Reaction score
I finally hit 25 posts and I sent him a PM :)
Thanks

Runningwild

Elite
Reaction score
Frenchie, I am currently working with Pillar and I don't compete either but have seen tremendous growth in size and strength. About where my bench max was when I started about 4 weeks ago I just did for a set of three today in my workout.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Reaction score
Nice progress !
Depending on the price, I'll train with him :)
Did you manage to go from one rep to three just by training. Or are you on gear too ?

jSalud

Elite
Reaction score
Would he train me to be the next Magic Mike?

Reaction score
I have been thinking of hiring a coach myself to push me that little harder when i think its ok to take a minute

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
Pillorofbalance is where it's at for a coach man. I been training hard for years and his program is kicking my asssss

BigJohnny

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with Salty, it doesn't look like a lot at first glance. But it will def kick your ass and I'm just getting started!

saltylifter

Elite
Reaction score
I agree with Salty, it doesn't look like a lot at first glance. But it will def kick your ass and I'm just getting started!

Ya man its a entire new level of soreness and gains. Love the results I'm getting. I couldn't break 235 for the longest time now I'm 245 and growing still.

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ya man its a entire new level of soreness and gains. Love the results I'm getting. I couldn't break 235 for the longest time now I'm 245 and growing still.

And it's basic stuff too. Nothing complicated. Just a barbell and effort.

therealkozmo

Reaction score
I have been thinking about hiring a coach only because he has better access to drugs then me and more experience with compounds. I don't know for sure that he will facilitate the purchase of my anabolics. If not it would seem like a waste of money to me

New Threads