G's Log the pain that made the monster

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Great job and man I hate when the bar feels heavy! I'm going to get back to some grappling this Sat. I think, I miss it but know it works your ass! :)

That must be why my ass is so big! It is all muscle but man I could make it as a gorilla LOL

aw man I feel you brother. rest up no reason to have a hang over work out they can do more damage then good

I was not hung over man LOL I do not drink anything but water and almond milk! My body was just worn completely out and not recovering due to it.

Wow, some great work in here, keep this up!

Thanks man glad to have you along!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Decided to take today off as well. I feel much better now as far as energy but because my body was repairing so much my hams and a groin tendon still seem not so happy so figured a day off squats should give it the time it needs to fully heal. So jiu jitsu tonight then cardio tomorrow then I take sun off. Mon I will start the onslaught again!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Started to workout today and got very angry as I am still not recovering since last week and 235x5 was heavy on bench.... Decided to take today and tomorrow off which will givwe a full week off for recovery looking for ways to get recovered faster now this is horrible.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
rest up brother. I didnt mean hung over from drinking I meant the recovery was not complete from the previous work out like you have pain that hung around my bad, However I know that almond milk packs quite a punch ha :)

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Started to workout today and got very angry as I am still not recovering since last week and 235x5 was heavy on bench.... Decided to take today and tomorrow off which will givwe a full week off for recovery looking for ways to get recovered faster now this is horrible.

what do you think the issue is? Training or the MMA stuff? I know when I would grapple, I had a hard time recovering...

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think it may be a combination of both I train hard as hell then add jiu jitsu 3-4 times per week and teaching kids jiu jitsu 3 times per week and cardio well i may have burnt out. This week off should recharge me if that is the case and I will have to figure out a way to juggle them both maybe switch intensity on a week off a week or something. I normally get a deload every 4 weeks and after my meet I did not take one which is probably the reason I burnt out that and I am old LOL

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
rest up brother. I didnt mean hung over from drinking I meant the recovery was not complete from the previous work out like you have pain that hung around my bad, However I know that almond milk packs quite a punch ha :)
LOL I am resting now hope to kill it thursday!

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I think it may be a combination of both I train hard as hell then add jiu jitsu 3-4 times per week and teaching kids jiu jitsu 3 times per week and cardio well i may have burnt out. This week off should recharge me if that is the case and I will have to figure out a way to juggle them both maybe switch intensity on a week off a week or something. I normally get a deload every 4 weeks and after my meet I did not take one which is probably the reason I burnt out that and I am old LOL

wow, that's a busy schedule! You did burn out, we can only do so much! I'm sure the week off will help, but you might want to change things a little like you said or it will happen again :(

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
wow, that's a busy schedule! You did burn out, we can only do so much! I'm sure the week off will help, but you might want to change things a little like you said or it will happen again :(

why can't I just stay young? No fair! :( LMAO

jennerrator

Fallen Member
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
why can't I just stay young? No fair! :( LMAO

well, with a little help we can stay younger than we are but when you have a schedule like that, even the youngins would burn out ;)

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well, with a little help we can stay younger than we are but when you have a schedule like that, even the youngins would burn out ;)

This makes good sense I mean the people I know that are on the mat as much as me don't lift or at least not like I do. I guess that 400x13 deadlifts last week might have finished the recovery off and brought me into total burn out..... I will figure out how to make it all work just have to have a good plan!

Hurt

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Geez take it easy you friggin monster!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Geez take it easy you friggin monster!

See hurt there lies the problem I like to kill it and backing off is very hard. Well until the bar is heavy then it gets much easier LOL

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Finally G has come back to the weights!

Standing Shoulder Press
45x5
95x5
115x5
135x3
150x5
160x5
170x14
115x10
115x10
115x10
115x10
115x10

Dips **superset with abs

Rear Ext **first set S/S with abs
40x15
40x15
40x15

Abs **done giant superset with above
Crunches
25x4sets
Reverse Crunches
25x4sets

I took video of the 170 set but my internet was screwy this morning at home and I did not have time to fix it. Looks like the week off was what I needed, I pushed hard but tried not to overdo it. Put in less volume that I normally do was thinking about also doing Kroc rows that is where I decided to hold back! Time to get back to work!

G

Georgia

Looks to me you can be hitting 225 on shoulders with ease! Keep it up!

gfunky

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Looks to me you can be hitting 225 on shoulders with ease! Keep it up!

Thanks Georgia! That is my 1RM for standing shouler press 225! Which is also right around my body weight!

New Threads