When did this happen?

RowdyBrad

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I workout in my underwear, get to see the muscles being worked and helps me with form.

grind4it

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Shorts, and whatever wore out tee shirt I have taken out of circulation from the wardrobe. I also use free tee shirts; you know the ones you get from blood drives and the nutritional stores. All short sleeves add everything is fairly baggy (stealth).

Oh yea and ear phones..most of the times I'm not listening to music....it keeps the leaners away.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Its happening in my gym too. Were in the deep south and its hot and humid as heck here. And i see guys in sweat pants and hoodies. If i did that id itch like hell and then pass out. I can't hack overheating that way. Maybe they think they are sweating off the fat? All i think is that their frying their guts.

amore169

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I been wearing GASP clothing for a couple of years now. Very comfortable clothes.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
This happened when they took off Pantera and put on Lil' Wayne at the gym.

Oh yea, I love my ipod. Don't know how I went years without one.

Z

Zeek

bayan-rabbani-snuggie-294.jpg

Bro, I'm just now getting back into the gym after an injury man, did you really have to post my pic ;)

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I don't know about anybody else but I miss herm's avi pic of him squatting in spandex boy shorts.

I see it in my gym too. Really just 2 power lifter body type guys although I've watched them lift and they are far from power lifters. And they wear gloves and wrist wraps no matter what lift they're doing. Really? You need wrist wraps doing lat pulldowns with 200 lbs which is about 60 lbs less then thier body weight (I'm guessing) and gloves lol don't even get me started on people that wear gloves. My girl might disagree but I like my man hands. I'm a working man. Calusus are manly. Gloves in the gym and moisturizers and udder balm at night isn't. Unless of course you're a man that gives massages and happy endings for a living, then I say please wear gloves at the gym.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My GF picks at my calluses. I hate that.

milleniumgirl

Lady Member
Reaction score
One of my former training partners (a big guy) used to cover up (long sleeves sweatshirt when he was either bulking or cutting) and when his complete cycle was over, he kinda "stripped" down and showed the long months of hard work. It was worth waiting for o:)

Cashout

Reaction score
No iPod for me - I spend my time thinking while I train - and maybe that is why I get bugged to death when I train in a public gym.

What I really miss about training in the late 80's and early 90's was the comradery among the guys in the gym in which I trained.

In my gym there was a 6 year span of guys from my gym winning the state title and many of those guys when on to compete in national shows.

There was a core group of us, about 12-13 guys and I was like the "kid brother" to this guys. I was only 19-20 years old and these guys where all in their early 30's but there was a real respect and kinship - it was like belonging to a 2nd fraternity for me. A lot of these guys really helped me in my competitive career and when one of us was competing the rest of us would travel to the show to support "home team."

I don't see that type of thing in any of my local gyms. There are a lot of guys who hardly look like they train at all strutting around like their special talking about all the drugs they are on (AAS and otherwise) and how they got drunk and got into a bar brawl the night before.

That's not what the bodybuilding lifestyle is about...

Reaction score
No iPod for me - I spend my time thinking while I train - and maybe that is why I get bugged to death when I train in a public gym.

What I really miss about training in the late 80's and early 90's was the comradery among the guys in the gym in which I trained.

Take a set of earbuds with you. Doesn't even matter if they're plugged into an iPod, just tuck the wire under your shorts. They'll leave you alone...and if not you can ignore them pretending your music is too loud. Earbuds and no eye-contact work magic when you want left alone.

You're talk of comradery make me think of Powerlifters much more so than BB.

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

In my gym there was a 6 year span of guys from my gym winning the state title and many of those guys when on to compete in national shows.

There was a core group of us, about 12-13 guys and I was like the "kid brother" to this guys. I was only 19-20 years old and these guys where all in their early 30's but there was a real respect and kinship - it was like belonging to a 2nd fraternity for me. A lot of these guys really helped me in my competitive career and when one of us was competing the rest of us would travel to the show to support "home team."

I don't see that type of thing in any of my local gyms. There are a lot of guys who hardly look like they train at all strutting around like their special talking about all the drugs they are on (AAS and otherwise) and how they got drunk and got into a bar brawl the night before.

I agree Cashout. There was a time where I was not afraid to ask for a spot if I felt the need. These days It's hard to judge who can give a proper spot & not kill you.

grizzldsealpoacher

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I have multi beaters in rotation with 4 pairs of walmart mesh shorts , I will say shoes do make a difference to me so I spend on them but thats it the rest ill wear until my girl throws it out behind my back b/c I will be pissed . I am a man of habit

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score

big yes on the comradely i miss that shit. steel monsters hanging and banging. the base gym was the shit

Curiosity

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is weird I see it too.... I'd say it could be guys who are on gear and are blowing up and don't want people to notice because of the stigma associated with steroids.

The other possibility is insecurity. I have a very good friend who always used to wear big baggy hoodies to the gym, and the guy is seriously a beast. Way more jacked and strong than me or 99% of the people in the gym. But I swear to god, he has body image issues, and he always thinks he doesn't look good. He would wear his hoody until he felt pumped enough to take it off (he'd be wearing a tank top underneath), but it was seriously because he was embarassed and thought he didn't look good till he had done several sets and gotten pumped up. Sometimes he wouldn't want to take it off at all. He was also very timid about taking his shirt off outside of the gym, always feeling like he didn't look good, even though he did. Just obsessed with any little bit of fat on his body, etc. even though every single person who ever saw him told him he looked great.

This type of insecurity and body image dysmorphia is pretty common among bodybuilders from what I've seen.

Infantry87

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
The mind can play some serious tricks on you. I like to call the euphoria, Mind Fuck Muscle Perception. It's when guys like us have negative views on ourselves and our muscles. Honestly, I have big issues with this. You sit there and think to yourself that your not getting as big as you'd like or thought you werent that big at all UNTIL someone puts you in your place by showing you pictures of yourself 5/6 months or even years back when you were the NOT SO BIG GUY. Also, to add to this thread.... I sport bananna hammocks to the gym. Think about that one lol

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just can't stand being hot while working out. I get nausea & light headed. I'm ok if the gym is cool & I work up a sweat, but if the gym is hot to start I have a bad workout.

Jada

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just wear a reg shirt and sweats.