Good diet recipies with red meat

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Anyone got some good recipies that are healthy and do not contain chicken??

Trying to mix up my diet a little. I'm not a big fish fan at all and right now I'm eating chicken 4-5 times a day. Looking to spice up my dinners and get away from the yardbird so much. I'm not talking about just a plain old steak, give me some creative ideas if you have them.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
For breakfast I love getting some cut up roast meat (lean pieces) and cooking it in a skillet with some dry spices on it. Eat it with some eggs and whole wheat toast or Ezekiel bread or oats and you've got yourself a bomb ass breakfast with decent macros that will fill you up nicely. I've had kc strips and sweet potatoes everyday twice a day the past week and just bought 2 more family packs and some chicken I'm gonna grill up and prep for work this week. Got some sweet potatoes, whole green beans and fresh broccoli I'm gonna steam too. I look pretty sexy heating up my steak and potatoes while the fat asses down thier Big Macs and cokes in the break room.

coltmc4545

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
It's a cut of steak. KC's and Ribeyes are the shit. Just have to trim the fat off around the edge before you grill em

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
If you can get lean ground beef, You can make good stuffed peppers. I have a good recipe

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1 cup jasmine white rice, 1/2 cup brown rice
3 large eggs
3/4 small carton of liquid egg white
3 strip low sodium bacon
5-10oz strip, flank, or skirt steak. (cut into long strips, very very thin)
dash of soy + sweet sour

cook eggs + egg whites together. cook white rice, cook brown rice, than mix.

cook steak, cut into long, fine strips while you cook. use olive oil, tad tad bit of seasoned salt to season and cook with.

Cook bacon, chop up into bacon bits.

add eggs + whites to rice, add dash of soy + sweet sour to it all. add white + brown rice together. add bacon bits. than add in the steak(how ever much you want)

I like this meal cuz you can keep it in the fridge, re heat, and its pretty good taste wise. IDK the macro's for this but its pretty pro heavy. low fat and low carb (well you can custom tailor it to your needs)

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well post that fucker up! That's what I want is some recipes.

Tren4Life

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Well post that fucker up! That's what I want is some recipes.

Sorry dude had a brain fart
4 Bell peppers (green, red, or yellow)
1/4 teaspoon extra vergin olive oil
1 pound lean ground beef
1 egg white
1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
2 Tablespoons no-salt canned corn
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
pinch ground black pepper
3/4 cop low-sodium tomato or spaghgetti sauce

Step 1
Preheat heat oven to 425. Pour 1/4 inch of water into baking pan. Cut the tops off the bell peppers, remove the seeds and membranes and discard. Lightly coat the skins of the peppers with the olive oil. Place peppers cut side down into the baking pan and bake for 10 min.

Step 2
In a large bowl mix together the beef, egg white, onion, corn, parsley, wheat germ, black pepper, and 1/4 cup of sauce.

Step 3
When the peppers are ready, remove them from the oven. Reduce heat to 350. Fill each pepper with 1/4 of the mixture, then return the peppers to the baking pan cut side up ( the pan should still have 1/4 inch of water in it)

Step 4
Bake for 30 minutes. Add the remaining sauce to the top of each pepper and bake for another 15 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.

Reaction score
When I'm feeling lazy but want something a bit spicy, I cook up some red curry beef. It's easy enough if you work from store-bought thai red curry paste**.

Heat up several tablespoons peanut oil, then add 2 tablespoons curry paste and 2-3 cups of whatever chopped vegetables you want to add (I like onions and celery, but cauliflower and spinach work pretty well). Fry "until fragrant" --- usually 5-8 minutes, but you'll know because your kitchen will start to smell like spices. Add 1.5lbs beef cut into ~1.5" pieces, cook until almost cooked-through. Then add 1 can coconut milk, mix, and let simmer and reduce until it's a thickness you like. (some people like it more watery; I like thicker curry, so takes about 20 mins for me.) Add salt and pepper to taste, or cayenne for more fire. Makes 3-4 servings.

Not particularly low-fat, but definitely low-carb unless you add rice.

**I like Mae Ploy, but it's down to personal taste, so experiment and find one you like. Or, eventually, make your own!

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
1 cup jasmine white rice, 1/2 cup brown rice
3 large eggs
3/4 small carton of liquid egg white
3 strip low sodium bacon
5-10oz strip, flank, or skirt steak. (cut into long strips, very very thin)
dash of soy + sweet sour

cook eggs + egg whites together. cook white rice, cook brown rice, than mix.

cook steak, cut into long, fine strips while you cook. use olive oil, tad tad bit of seasoned salt to season and cook with.

Cook bacon, chop up into bacon bits.

add eggs + whites to rice, add dash of soy + sweet sour to it all. add white + brown rice together. add bacon bits. than add in the steak(how ever much you want)

I like this meal cuz you can keep it in the fridge, re heat, and its pretty good taste wise. IDK the macro's for this but its pretty pro heavy. low fat and low carb (well you can custom tailor it to your needs)

Damn....now that sounds good as hell!

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ud be surprised how good it tastes.

I eat it prolly two days a wk min. My boss at work even tried it and said it was pretty good. And he's the asshat that will pour like 6 oz coffee creamer into my morning shake.