DNP- Short term Vs Long Term...Thoughts?

Reaction score
Hello again guys!
So My first cycle of DNP (~9 Days early Fall) Went pretty successfully. I lost about 7lbs! Not bad!

So! I've done a bit more research, and a lot of people were talking about using DNP for 7 days (at 400-500mg/day) vs DNP for 20+ days (at 250mg/day).

The longer cycle was supposed to be more manageable as it would have fewer side effects...but would one still be able to lose ~15-20lbs of fat during the cycle even if it's a smaller dosage?

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone tried something like this? (Smaller dose + longer time frame?) How were the results?

jyoung8j

Elite
Reaction score
I've heard most struggle to run a cycle tht long cuz they feel like death..

SHRUGS

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
One a day for 5days then 2 a day for 15 days and done. In and out fairly quick.
!SHRUGS!

Reaction score
I think I'll try one a day for 5 days and then switch to two for as long as I can and see how that goes!

(Started on the 12'th)
Don't feel a darn thing. haha

Spongy

Senior Moderator
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i know for me it took about 3 or 4 days for me to start feeling anything. I actually didn't feel much at 250 but a couple days at 500 and I was sweating my nuts off and baking cakes.

sfstud33

SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Same here. I could take 250mg a day for months. I just dont feel it. I tried it for four weeks and maybe it was keeping weight off, but it wasn't making me lose fat weight.

500mg turns on the furnace. Im going to do a cycle in February for two weeks. Im still bulking on test/tren and i have about 8 weeks to go.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I just finished my run of 24 days. Started on the 26th of last month and just stopped this Friday. First four days were at 250 then the rest at 500. I didn't really have the lethargy side but was sweating my ass off horribly. I started at 205 and this past Thursday I weighed 195. I would have went a whole month but something came up and I had to cut it short. 10lbs before the water weight comes off in the next few days.

StoliFTW

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
@Jomo nice. 24 days is a lot. Next time for me I will be running a 10 day cycle. Short but sweet. Just remember kids, DNP is no joke.

Reaction score
SO guys, I ran it for about 9 days..

I had no lethargy, I did feel hot.
My cycle:
250 for about 4 days, and then 500 for the rest.

I lost about 8lbs... I didn't workout because of an injury. (Which was a bummer...)

THE ONLY REASON I stopped was because I seem to have developed an allergy to the drug. Crazy itching on my chest, back, neck, torso, legs... Days 8+9. I took one benedryl with each DNP but It didn't seem to help very much. (Still itchy) I would have taken 2 benedryls...but I didn't want to get sleepy during my day. Really sucked.
I could have gotten longer...but the itching...

Any ways around it? It's ridiculous!

PillarofBalance

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
SO guys, I ran it for about 9 days..

I had no lethargy, I did feel hot.
My cycle:
250 for about 4 days, and then 500 for the rest.

I lost about 8lbs... I didn't workout because of an injury. (Which was a bummer...)

THE ONLY REASON I stopped was because I seem to have developed an allergy to the drug. Crazy itching on my chest, back, neck, torso, legs... Days 8+9. I took one benedryl with each DNP but It didn't seem to help very much. (Still itchy) I would have taken 2 benedryls...but I didn't want to get sleepy during my day. Really sucked.
I could have gotten longer...but the itching...

Any ways around it? It's ridiculous!

If the benadryl doesn't kill the itch then dnp isn't for you. The reason it's recommend to do the 250 for 4 days is because that's typically when the itch shows up.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've ran it at 250 for the first 2 days and 500 for the next 12 for a total of 14 days and lost 20lbs before.

i'm getting ready to jump on again for a 2 week run.

JackC4

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm prone to hives on my own, I chomp on Benadryl on often, and it works.
I was think of runnin DNP before it got really hot, probably leaving DNP on the shelf

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm primed for a DNP run as well, shooting for 5 days at 250 and then 15 at 500 or as long as I can tough it out, whichever comes first.

DarksideSix

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I'm prone to hives on my own, I chomp on Benadryl on often, and it works.
I was think of runnin DNP before it got really hot, probably leaving DNP on the shelf

I've gotten hives a little bit before from DNP. nothing major, as you said...just run the benadryl and you'll be fine.

Reaction score
I had a similar situation happen to me.
Went to my doctor and he prescribed prednisone for a few days. So, I got some prednisone just in case it happens again on my next cycle.

I think if you can get your hands on some for emergency use there shouldn't be a problem (just in case the benadryl doesn't work as expected)

Reaction score
I went the long term route.

30 days progressively but experimentally increasing the dose. 1st week 250mg/Ed. 2nd week 250mg Monday Wed Fri. 500 Tuesday and Thursday.
Third week same as second week.
Fourth week was MWF 500mg. T TH 250mg.

Never used an ECA stack before but it may help with your energy levels being so depleted. Don't eat junk food at all. Helps with heat, better for your diet anyway.

I went with a 40p/40c/20f and the weight melted off.

Low fat dieting with medial carb and protein while running Dnp really changed my physique. I lost about 30ish pounds, but bloated like crazy. So I didn't realize how much actual fat was lost until a week or two afterwards.

Everyone is different, but this was what I did and what results I got.

Yellow nut butter happened with me. Super saiyan sperm warriors ftw.

My advice is to wait until winter, and run that shit. And ALWAYS keep a Gatorade or 12 nearby. Dehydration is inevitable. Be prepared, and be aware.

JackC4

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I've gotten hives a little bit before from DNP. nothing major, as you said...just run the benadryl and you'll be fine.

I think I'm going to grab some and hold off till Fall/winter

Reaction score
First post! Seems this forum is more welcoming to DNP users, so figured I'd join up and give my 2 cents.

I've run close to a dozen cycles over the years, mainly to cut after a bulk cycle and get back into single digit territory, then maintain til I decide to gain a bit more mass. By far the best and only way I run it now, is 250mg ED for 20 days (crystal), w/ intermittent fasting (varies between 16/8 and 18/6) + all training is fasted.

I've also tried short 'inferno' type cycles, and alternating/fluctuating dose cycles EOD and by far the best was the slow, low and steady. My philosophy on DNP is it shouldn't interfere with your workouts or daily life. If I can't train as hard, eat as well or even function... then my dose is too high or something else is off. My gym time is like a religion to me... sacrificing that time is not a option.

20 days, 250mg ED, then 10 days off, then blast again if need be. Isometric diet, (33/33/33) eating at maintenance or slightly above on weight lifting days (5x5 compound-centric routine, 3 days a week) days then -500 calories on my alternating LISS days. All training while fasted. Tons of veggies per day, with every calorie tracked.

Average about 13/15lbs lost with 0 drop in strength or intensity. Minimal sides, some lethargy and sweating after carbs of course, but overall, doesn't affect my daily life. Occasionally I'll have the rough day and need to eat some fruit before my weight lifting days, but those are rare.

Can't say this will work the same for everyone, but for me, it's the only way I'll run DNP when the occasion arises.

MS1605

Elite
Reaction score
The whole "take 10 days off then blast again" is pointless IMO. all that happens in this time is the DNP leaves your system (depending on your dosage) and then has to build back up. Same with t3 conversion. It goes back up just to be inhibited again. If you dont have the results you want, just keep running the DNP.