any bros help me out with hgh proof for trt?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
i have 3 months to come up with enough proof to allow my doc the info he needs to be able to "possibly" script me with hgh...

so i wanted to ask any and all bro's what kind of info they could help me find, with either studies or links to studies or anything good or bad about coupling hgh along side of test with my trt....

he was interested today and said he has heard that gh coupled along side trt is known to be good, but he gave me 3 months to return with as much info as possible...

so i will leave this up for any discussion or advice, or evidence it either compliments trt or makes it worse....

thanks and i hope that with all the knowledgeable bros on here i can return in 3 months with a jam packed script month to month from my good ol doc...

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
well, that settles it, sniffle, i must not be liked anymore, over 160 views and nada... man alive, i guess ill change my name to (enter name here), :)

Last edited:

DF

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol, you posted at 10:30 you knuckle head. You want studies Doc is the man to PM.

NbleSavage

Veteran
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why go with a GP instead of a life extension clinic? Insurance reasons? Bar is much lower at the life clinic IMO.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Lol, you posted at 10:30 you knuckle head. You want studies Doc is the man to PM.

Haha i know df i was just bustin some gonadtropins hahaha pun intended

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Why go with a GP instead of a life extension clinic? Insurance reasons? Bar is much lower at the life clinic IMO.

Money wise its cheaper for me.... WAY CHEAPER! My wife and i each carry our own health insurance, i only pay $10 per month for a bottle of test!

And with dual insurance, holy sheets batman! Hgh will be cheap for me,

DocDePanda187123

fitasfuk50's Operating System
Reaction score
What kind of info are you after? Are you looking to treat anything specific or just want to get on it for having it scripted?

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
What kind of info are you after? Are you looking to treat anything specific or just want to get on it for having it scripted?

Thanks for the reply doc!

I need as much info on hgh as possible in regards to its benefits in a trt setting... Now i know there are negatives associated with its usage in high amounts, or at least there can be, but i want to go into my doc and show him the positives and see if he will be able to script it for me?

Im not sure i have anything to treat except maybe a small penis and huge balls, hgh will help me then :)

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply doc!

I need as much info on hgh as possible in regards to its benefits in a trt setting... Now i know there are negatives associated with its usage in high amounts, or at least there can be, but i want to go into my doc and show him the positives and see if he will be able to script it for me?

Im not sure i have anything to treat except maybe a small penis and huge balls, hgh will help me then :)

Ok great. I'll give pubmed a scouring later for HGH alongside TRT.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Ok great. I'll give pubmed a scouring later for HGH alongside TRT.

thanks man appreciate it! ive tried pubmed, but it was very confusing and couldnt find jack, or didnt know what i was looking at when i read the stuff

haha

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
thanks man appreciate it! ive tried pubmed, but it was very confusing and couldnt find jack, or didnt know what i was looking at when i read the stuff

haha

Once you get the hang of navigating it it's not too bad. Google scholar is another option for you. I'll get back to this thread tonight.

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Study performed by Dr. Rudman...the pioneer of HGH use as anti-aging therapy but the FDA has not approved HGH for anti-aging.

Dr. Rudman's Clinical Findings
In July 1990, Dr. Daniel Rudman published his landmark clinical findings on the effects of hGH in the New England Journal of Medicine. The results were exciting and startling!

Effects of hGH in men over 60 years of age
The declining activity of the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) with advancing age may contribute to the decrease in lean body mass and the increase in mass of adipose tissue that occur with aging.

"The overall deterioration of the body that comes with growing old is not inevitable ... We now realize that some aspects of it can be prevented or reversed."

Dr. Daniel Rudman, M.D.
Trial Methods Used by Rudman
To test this hypothesis, Dr. Rudman, studied IGF-1 plasma while working with volunteers aged 61 to 81 at the Medical College of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Dr. Rudman used hGH manufactured synthetically to replicate what is created naturally in the body's own pituitary gland.

During the treatment period, 12 men (group 1) received approximately 0.03 mg of biosynthetic human growth hormone per kilogram of body weight subcutaneously three times a week, and 9 men (group 2) received no treatment. Plasma IGF-1 levels were measured monthly. At the end of each period, Dr. Rudman's team measured lean body mass, the mass of adipose tissue, skin thickness (epidermis plus dermis), and bone density at nine skeletal sites.

Observations
Of the group who received treatment, their mean plasma IGF-1 levels rose back to youthul ranges (500-1500 U/liter), while the second group remained below (350 U/liter).

Also, in the group that received treatment for six months, it was observed that they showed an 8.8 percent increase in lean body mass, a 14.4 percent decrease in adipose-tissue mass, and a 1.6 percent increase in average lumbar vertebral bone density. Skin thickness increased .1 percent. The second group showed no significant change in lean body mass, the mass of adipose tissue, skin thickness, or bone density during treatment.

Dr. Rudman's Conclusions
Diminished secretion of growth hormone is responsible in part for the decrease of lean body mass, the expansion of adipose-tissue mass, and the thinning of the skin that occurs in old age. (New England Journal of Medicine, 1990; 323:1-6)

In middle and late adulthood, all people experience a series of progressive alterations in body composition. The lean body mass shrinks and the mass of adipose tissue expands. The contraction in lean body mass reflects atrophic processes in skeletal muscle, liver, kidney, spleen, skin, and bone.

These structural changes have been considered unavoidable results of aging. It has recently been proposed, however, that reduced availability of growth hormone in late adulthood may contribute to such changes.

These alterations in body composition caused by growth hormone deficiency can be reversed by replacement doses of the hormone, as experiments in children, and adults 20 to 50 years old have shown. These findings suggest that the atrophy of the lean body mass and its component organs and the enlargement of the mass of adipose tissue that are characteristic of the elderly result at least in part from diminished secretion of growth hormone. If so, the age-related changes in body composition should be correctable in part by the administration of human growth hormone, now readily available as a biosynthetic product.

Dr. Daniel Rudman joined the Medical College of Wisconsin, where this study was conducted, in 1988 as Professor and Associate Chief of Staff for Geriatrics and Extended Care at the Zablocki VA Medical Center. He continued his human nutrition research with the elderly until his untimely death in 1994. Dr. Rudman's life and creativity as a clinical investigator was highlighted by his ability to focus basic knowledge on important problems in clinical medicine.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Study performed by Dr. Rudman...the pioneer of HGH use as anti-aging therapy but the FDA has not approved HGH for anti-aging.

Thanks a ton doc! If u got any more info or can find any effects hgh may have as far as balancing hormones along with trt, id appreciate any and all especially this one!

Now as many years ago as this was, hopefully times and studies have changed as far as anti aging and hgh r concerned?

DocDePanda187123

Reaction score
Thanks a ton doc! If u got any more info or can find any effects hgh may have as far as balancing hormones along with trt, id appreciate any and all especially this one!

Now as many years ago as this was, hopefully times and studies have changed as far as anti aging and hgh r concerned?

You're welcome J20. I'm gonna keep looking for more references for you but I've got to say this topic is extremely difficult to find info on as FDA has kept the ban on HGH use for anti-aging afaik. I've found references it can be used along with TRT to help low IGF-1 levels but I'm not well versed on HGH. Most of its applications are for kids or adults with dwarfism, hiv/aids or other muscle wasting diseases etc. I'll keep adding links or references as I find them for you.

gymrat827

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OP, if you live in so cal you have have a shot at getting it. otherwise just find a source and do your own gh therapy

juuced

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My doc tested my IGF-1 and determimed it was a little low so that justified him to Rx HGH to me.

run that by your doc. did he ever test IGF-1? if he agrees to test it maybe you can figure out a way to temporarily lower it right before the test.

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
You're welcome J20. I'm gonna keep looking for more references for you but I've got to say this topic is extremely difficult to find info on as FDA has kept the ban on HGH use for anti-aging afaik. I've found references it can be used along with TRT to help low IGF-1 levels but I'm not well versed on HGH. Most of its applications are for kids or adults with dwarfism, hiv/aids or other muscle wasting diseases etc. I'll keep adding links or references as I find them for you.

Thanks doc! Appreciate it! Im trying to do a bit of research myself as well!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
OP, if you live in so cal you have have a shot at getting it. otherwise just find a source and do your own gh therapy

Not sure if ud classify it as so cal, im now where near the san diego area anyways,

Oh ive got sources for gh, im just trying to go insurance route based on how much the fam pays and ive got dual coverage so it may not cost me a dime if i get to use both insurances!!

j2048b

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
My doc tested my IGF-1 and determimed it was a little low so that justified him to Rx HGH to me.

run that by your doc. did he ever test IGF-1? if he agrees to test it maybe you can figure out a way to temporarily lower it right before the test.

Im actually calling him today about getting it checked next blood work!! Hope it is justifiable!

New Threads