Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,298 Posts

AAS and me and you

Since I have been on this forum I have been wanting to write this, so here goes. I started using AAS around 1988 and up until then It wasn't really a huge deal for the fact that it's usage was pretty much low key and kept to certain circles. With the Olympic athletes getting popped around that time, and Reagan signing the anti steroid act in the same year I believe, the stigma of AAS has exponentially increased, throw in baseball, football, swimming, cycling, a bunch more Olympians failing tests, movie stars,etc etc it has blown clear the fuk up. Kind of like me in 1988 with test and a little pill called d-bol.
    I come from a football past starting from little guys through 3 years in college. In the early 80's AAS use was pretty much not talked about,at least at my little University. I was so uneducated on the subject it was sickening. We would say shit when we saw some huge dude like " I bet he's on those steroids", "those steroids" ridiculous! Anyway stayed pretty much the same until 88 when I picked up a muscle & fitness mag and told myself I want to be huge like these guys. so I tried every fukin supp. these guys pitched (bullshit) and lifted harder than ever and reading every bit of info I could (less the internet of course) on building muscle and a lot of reading material included AAS info. I will shorten this part up real quick in saying that I hooked up with a dude ( after that dude I used various sources, never an individual that knew me) at my gym and started my AAS road and secret in late 88. I'm dead sure some of you older guys started before then(SEEKER), but I guess I lived a sheltered life up until then.
    I started playing league softball around that time taking my little secret weapon with me of course, with around the 20lbs of muscle I had gained. I fukin just crushed the ball. I kept my secret AAS use to myself although knowing a couple of guys on my team and other teams as well were keeping the same secret. I knew these guys pretty well and AAS was never discussed, if someone said " God dude are you taking roids" I would just laugh and say something like "Yeah right" or "Idon't know what a roid looks like" and change the subject. I quit playing around 2005 with knee issues and a host of other physical issues that come with age with god knows how many cycles under my belt during my playing time. I once again kept my secret for all those years, with more and more guys on my team and other teams blowing up as the years went by. My answer to all the "roid" questions remained "yeah Right" or "I just like going to the gym..OK!!" I've been at my current job for 10 years and love it but I could easily lose it if someone was pissed at me for some reason and say's you need to test stone for PED'S. With the state of AAS now and the more informed (armchair) people are (internet) with countless before and after steroid pics of people in the limelight, sports figures, movie stars, and pretty much anyone who is newsworthy, a lot of folks feel they can pick out a AAS user a mile away. The folks I work with included. I'm not near as large as I was 8-10 years ago but yet I still get the same old questions. My point of this whole fukin thing is I have always wanted to just say "Fuk yes I use AAS and the use has made me feel great about myself in a lot of ways like confidence in social and work settings, self esteem, the ability to be the all out best in past and some current sport endeavors...so... maybe their hard on your health, but it's my health so go fuk youself and the thoughts you may have", but I don't, I keep laughing and shrugging it off. SO after 25 years of AAS use and still in fear for the facts that prevail, losing my job, more then likely my marriage, my relationship with my daughter, possible loss of friends and reputation, 2 yep TWO people know my secret, my son, and my best friend of 40 years...oh...and the hundreds or thousands of you fine folks! lol
    How do you guys deal with your "secret" at work, home, or all the activities you do, and don't say "I don't give a fuk what people think" or" just don't worry about it" because you do care and you do worry (jail)! either in a positive or negative way, you probably don't mind how guys respect your stature and in the way they look at you(not that way Rumpy), the way women notice you from across the room, but if someone asks you straight out "are you on roids" what would you say? not the random Joe or Jane Blow, then who does give a fuk! but a co-worker or someone close. The stigma of society won't leave us alone to do what we like to do. Hence the anonymity of these sites. Enough said.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stonetag For This Useful Post:

woodswise (01-05-2014)

E-Fighter Extraordinaire Joliver's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,055 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Steroids are out of the weight room, and into our everyday lives. You need to watch Bigger, Stronger, Faster. Its a documentary by Chris Bell. Mark Bell is his brother. He is a record holder in several PL classes (plus he raps....kind of). Steroids are a byline in the United states. Everything that is improved is automatically "on steroids." IE--New computer comes out and its faster..."its last years model--on STEROIDS." It is so engrained into society, that if you fall too far from the norm, you will automatically be "on steroids."

A few years ago when my girlfriends kid's friends came over after school. I came home from the gym. My usual after gym routine is a protein shake. It was only a few moments after they saw the powder hit the shaker that I heard "steroids" out of the mouths of a bunch of kids that don't even know what antibiotics are. When I worked in industry, I heard "I feel sorry for his girlfriend" from a few guys that implied that my dick had shrunk because of steroids. It is everywhere. I miss the days where the gym was the only place you were judged.

Know this: YOU CANNOT ARGUE WITH THE ACCUSERS. They will say "roid rage" and you will lose. The only way to keep yourself above it, is to behave as if you are gifted with the greatest genetics that the universe ever bequeathed a human. I say I do "p90x" and maybe another trendy fad that people will believe. Let the infomercial sell your success. People are gullible. But if there is an offender that must be dealt with, I have found that the best defense is a good offense. Nothing stops a male offender like calling attention to his "man boobies" and "muffin top." They wont attack you for steroids if they know that they will pay at the expense of their self confidence--being as how they only insulted you because they were trying to break you down to build themselves up.

I own a small business now, and operate out of an "employment at will" state, so I would fire someone that insinuated anything of the sort these days, but it used to be hell.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joliver For This Useful Post:

stonetag (01-02-2014),woodswise (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    Im real generic.. But then again my transformation has been pretty dramatic and I havent had anyone ask if I was on "roids" only wow bro you been hittn the gym havent ya (well yeah for quite a while now) but I just say creatine, and protein powder.. Then again im not freaky gunned in either I finally hit 17 arms. But I hear ya stone, Im pretty sure those problems are coming for me as well.. Im about to start my second cycle and my first was half ass and chicken shyt, anyway its also cold so im covered up,, im sure with spring and weather changing my friends etc are going to see my new size after 2 cycles all of a sudden ill here those questions

Thanks
    Thanked 9,487 Times in 4,151 Posts
    Funny thing is when I was in my 20's and 30's I had to deal with those questions on a daily basis from the average person. Then I would say what we juice heads were supposed to say. " nah man, I don't do steriods, hard work, dedication, consistency, food and rest" ( which is all true ) nowadays I'm just as big and juiced as I was then but I don't get asked as nearly as much as before. I still get it sometimes and the answer is still the same. Nowadays I get people telling me " wow man, it's obvious you've been doing this a long time , how many years you been working out? " or " how do you stay interested in working out all these years?" I get more of those types of questions. ****in a holes I feel like telling them " wtf!! Do I look that old to you ? " lol

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Seeker For This Useful Post:

stonetag (01-02-2014),woodswise (01-05-2014)

Thanks
    I take 3 synthol pills a day they make me have uncontrollable rage.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 900 Posts
    Stonetag at your age you should easily be able to get a trt script. That way you have legal access to testosterone. I never worry about that even when traveling as I always carry my scripts with me.
    HRT for life!

Thanks
    Standard response to ignorant strangers asking questions/making accusations: "it's all chicken and rice, BRO!"

Thanks
    Thanked 7,883 Times in 3,415 Posts
    Tell them your on a sick cell-tech and nitro-tech stack brah!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,263 Times in 1,933 Posts
    Originally Posted by DieYoungStrong View Post
    ^^^
    I call that the Old School "Jay Cutler Diet"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to AlphaD For This Useful Post:

DieYoungStrong (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Life's too short to worry about it. If someone asks me if I take steroids, I'll take it as a compliment -- it's actually a goal of mine to be asked.

Thanks
    I rarely get asked because in the gym I always have my head phones on but when they do ask I just say I'm eating like crazy.
    Eating ass is anabolic. .. Stick your tongue in and hold it there for 20 seconds! Wise words from
    TRODIZZLE

Thanks
    I use to respond by saying "Thanks" now I go with the HRT responce. Honestly, I hate lying about it. The entire thing is ridiculous; your coworker can be a raging alcoholic, but if you use PEDs your some how an outcast. It's ****ing mass hisetira at its finest.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to grind4it For This Useful Post:

stonetag (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,095 Times in 3,298 Posts
    Originally Posted by AliCat View Post
    Life's too short to worry about it. If someone asks me if I take steroids, I'll take it as a compliment -- it's actually a goal of mine to be asked.
    Wow, taking it as a compliment and saying that you use AAS is two entirely different things, by taking it as a compliment you could just shut the fuk up and go about your way and feel good about it?, if someone asks you if you use AAS and you say "why yes I do and thanks for the compliment" then I guess your goal has been reached with absolutely no repercussions at all. Good for you!

Thanks
    Originally Posted by DieYoungStrong View Post
    Those were my exact words...Circa 2000 Strawberry flavor Nitro Tech. Have you tried it??
    Think of it like this bag, is full of my fukks. You're not getting any of em. None of em. I give zero fukks.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by stonetag View Post
    Wow, taking it as a compliment and saying that you use AAS is two entirely different things, by taking it as a compliment you could just shut the fuk up and go about your way and feel good about it?, if someone asks you if you use AAS and you say "why yes I do and thanks for the compliment" then I guess your goal has been reached with absolutely no repercussions at all. Good for you!
    I hadn't actually thought it through to the reply -- since I've never been developed enough to make anybody wonder. I guess I would use diversion. Just because somebody asks, I'm not under obligation to answer. It is strange that alcoholism, nicotin use, and mind-altering drug use that destroys the body is understood and somewhat accepted with compassion, but someone trying to improve their body is suspect.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AliCat For This Useful Post:

AlphaD (01-04-2014),stonetag (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    Alot of people are ignorant on the use of AAS. My old job if I was caught would have subjected me to be put in military prison. They dont even know what goes into dieting for us to truly gain the benefits from using PEDs. I would just attribute it to my diet, and when they see how I ate daily then they would believe "somewhat". Consistency, diet and hard work is all they need to hear.

But I am not married with children and dont know how the "white lies" as I see them will affect a life long relationship with your family. I dont use AAS anymore but even when I did, I was big for my height but also not that guy who truly stood out in the gym as a user. Me, only a few close friends would know but your girlfriend and co-workers would be a no no. Never know when some big mouth asshole has it out for you and will start fibbing just to get back at you.
    "There are only two days in the year nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow"

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JOMO For This Useful Post:

stonetag (01-04-2014)

Thanks
    I have been using only for the past two years. I started late, at 46 years old. I wish I had started 20 years ago.

The only time I was asked if I was on steroids, was by my close friends at their house, about a year ago. I just laughed and said "that would be crazy, wouldn't it, because they're illegal." I told them it was all about eating right and training intensely. But I have gained another 10 lbs of muscle this year and lost that much fat, so I won't be surprised if they ask again this year when I see them.

The past 6 months or so, I have been getting a lot of stares from people and a lot of folks tell me "you look jacked" or "you are looking thick". One guy (at my gym Christmas party) implied I was using, when he asked me to tell him about the "supplements" I was using I just laughed and told him it is all the hard work and huge amounts of protein I am eating, plus creatine and BCAA's. LOL.
    Last edited by woodswise; 01-05-2014 at 08:39 AM.
    VIP @ TID

Thanks
    I remember about 6 months ago when I started my first cycle and got busted by my wife. At first she was crying and telling me all this crap that I was goin to kill myself and that I'm very selfish cuz I have a family to look after. Ok.....So she asked me how long have I been using them and at that time I told her 2 wks..She kind of stood back and made that "really? ??" look and I started laughing. She asked y I was laughing and I told her "well u didn't mind the past 2 wks when I was banging ur brains out, did u? She said, "what? I thought ur pp gets small and u never wanna have sex on roids?" Once again another misconception due to the ignorance of the media and plain out uneducated idiots who think they know it all...So what did I do? I had my wife watch Bigger Stronger Faster with me and gave her the whole rundown...Believe it or not she actually approved of me using aas. She noticed how in just 2 wks my whole attitude changed for the good cuz she now believed that b4 I started using that I had very low T.Long story shortly wife is one of my best friends and also my main support system. What a wonderful feeling. Those 2 wks of hiding it from her was absolutely nerve wrecking and very hard. I believe r marriage hasn't been this strong since we first got married. Lol..Now on the other topic of people saying"dude u look freaking huge" was nothing new to me. When I was natty I use to get up to 230 lbs and got asked that question all the time. And do u know what my response was?? I wish I was on juice!!! Lol..Yep, I like to stick it back in people's face. It just amazes me that people believe using is the easy way out or were cheating! What a joke. Aas users work 10x harder than the average chump! I think for now on I'm just gonna wear a tank top that says " I ♥ roids" ...This should answer their questions. STD OUT..
    "This is not a game! U have got to earn this" "Everybody wanna b a bodybuilder"...u know the rest

Thanks
    Thanked 1,209 Times in 645 Posts
    my wife knows I use gear. she doesn't mind test she just doesn't like it when I blast and stack something with it so i've always just promised her if I was on something else at the time I wouldn't flaunt it around in front of her. I seen a dude I went to school with the other day and he asked me if I was on AAS and I actually just told him to go fuk himself. that seems like the easiest thing to do lol.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to heavydeads83 For This Useful Post:

AlphaD (01-05-2014)