Anyone use a Shoulder horn?

Azog

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
SFG is right.....I haven't used one and will just pop off a like an ahole anyway: Thank god shoulders are my strong point so I do not have to subject myself to the use of such a contraption in public.

JOMO

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
I always start with the horn 1st but it don't matter, my injury is so bad I can't do inner rotators with bands.

That horn is what helps keep me in the game I have gone as high as 15's but currently use 10's because I strained my injury for the 2nd time in 3 months lol.

I hear ya! I don't think that I have ever gone over 10's either with cuff excercises. Its all you need when you are hitting the muscle correctly.

SwooseGoose

Reaction score
Thanks SFG I felt like a jackass posting this. I knew I'd catch crap but figured I'd ask anyways. I saw this and thought it might help. I've torn my rotator cuffs and seem like they've never healed right and my job doesn't help any either. I jack on 3 and 6 ton hoists constantly and everything
Is heavy and awkward. Thought that it could improve motion.
I've done various rotator cuff exercises on the bench , laying on my side and cable machines. I'm not a complete newbie or puss when it comes to lifting.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Thanks SFG I felt like a jackass posting this. I knew I'd catch crap but figured I'd ask anyways. I saw this and thought it might help. I've torn my rotator cuffs and seem like they've never healed right and my job doesn't help any either. I jack on 3 and 6 ton hoists constantly and everything
Is heavy and awkward. Thought that it could improve motion.
I've done various rotator cuff exercises on the bench , laying on my side and cable machines. I'm not a complete newbie or puss when it comes to lifting.

I would not listen to these clowns and I would get one asap, these are just some of the tools people use to stay strong and healthy so they can continue to lift heavy weight.

This will work better then bands IMO but the combo of both is greater.

I used to do H-Rows until I got this and I use much lighter weight and get way more out of it.

Reaction score
Weak shoulders.......hmmmm. Swoose you may need to get it.

hF02aXW.gif

Lmao! What a cheese dick^^^^^^ Funny video

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
I would not listen to these clowns and I would get one asap, these are just some of the tools people use to stay strong and healthy so they can continue to lift heavy weight.

This will work better then bands IMO but the combo of both is greater.

I used to do H-Rows until I got this and I use much lighter weight and get way more out of it.
I will be the first to say that I am so old school in the lifting world that anything new that would make me look "diiffrent" than the norm I would shun even if it did help my also bad shoulders. It seems like an innovative way to help an age old injury.I respect your input. Thanks Swoosh and SFG

Last edited:

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Serious question but how do you get the weights in your hands with this? I don't think you could pick them up with the horn on because it looks extremely limiting. Yet I don't think you could put the horn on with weights in your hands either.

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
Serious question but how do you get the weights in your hands with this? I don't think you could pick them up with the horn on because it looks extremely limiting. Yet I don't think you could put the horn on with weights in your hands either.

Horn on 1st then grab dumbbells bro, not an issue grabbing the weight even off the floor.

Last edited:

SFGiants

Elite
Reaction score
I will be the first to say that I am so old school in the lifting world that anything new that would make me look "diiffrent" than the norm I would shun even if it did help my also bad shoulders. It seems like an innovative way to help an age old injury.I respect your input. Thanks Swoosh and SFG

My attitude is to do whatever it takes as long as it works, some come to the gym dressed to kill full of vanity some come to impress others some come to socialize I go to train and a part of that is doing shitty movements.

It's ok for people to curl in the squat rack but not ok to do something actually beneficial.

I see many people so things that they think are cool that is stupid and non beneficial so I have no issue putting the horn on knowing it works.

I'm 45 year old as old school as it gets!

ken Sass

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
my shoulders suck, i will read sfg's post before i comment. if it will improve my bench i will borrow a pink tutu from gorilla, and wear it to the gym

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
My attitude is to do whatever it takes as long as it works, some come to the gym dressed to kill full of vanity some come to impress others some come to socialize I go to train and a part of that is doing shitty movements.

It's ok for people to curl in the squat rack but not ok to do something actually beneficial.

I see many people so things that they think are cool that is stupid and non beneficial so I have no issue putting the horn on knowing it works.

I'm 45 year old as old school as it gets!
old school means go to the gym and lift not socialize, not dress to impress, not do calastenics in the middle of the floor, but to move weight. It also means afraid of change or being different than what you are used to, that being my case, I don't want to change up the way I warm up RC's to a device that probably works. Respect your input is all I am saying. And if you seen me at gym I fukin guarantee you think I was a bum with shorts on, a big fukin bum, but a bum none the less.lol

stonetag

Elite
Reaction score
Oh yeah and I' m 50 and my old school could beat up your old school.

Milo

Elite
SI Founding Member
Reaction score
Horn on 1st then grab dumbbells bro, not an issue grabbing the weight even off the floor.

Ah ok. Wouldn't mind trying this thing out. I'll try anything once. Unless of course it involves another man's penis.

Iron1

Veteran
Reaction score
My gym actually has one of these, they definitely give you a heck of a workout.

My shorty-shorts make me look stupid enough, this device does nothing to further that.